My z10 recently went head to head with some water and lost, so I thought I would try blackberry's latest offering. There were two glaring things that I first noticed:

1) Why does the icon font on the z30 look so tiny? You can change the system font size all you want, but the icons will still have this tiny writing. I don't know why they feel smaller than on the z10 even though I assume they are the same size. If someone can offer me a suggestion as to how to fix this, it would be very much appreciated. You have a 5 inch display so text everywhere should be bigger. Also because it's so tiny the poorer dpi of the z30 becomes fairly visible. Maybe it's just me.

2) Why does the part of the battery door that covers the side of the phone not sit flush? It's not horrible, but for the first 20 minutes when I got the phone I kept trying to push that part in. I looks as though they were going to put a door in just for the sim and sd but then thought "awe what the hell, just remove the whole back".

Os is smooth as butter, but several native apps lag behind the competition in my opinion. Maps could use work. No reason it stutters so much. Also wish there was a bit more gmail integration. My plan is to use the phone for a week and see how I like it. Come on crackberry, show me why I should love this phone.
    11-04-13 07:21 PM
    Os is smooth as butter, but several native apps lag behind the competition in my opinion. Maps could use work. No reason it stutters so much. Also wish there was a bit more gmail integration. My plan is to use the phone for a week and see how I like it. Come on crackberry, show me why I should love this phone.
    Were these also concerns on your Z10? lol
    11-04-13 07:40 PM
    I think you need to like it for yourself, if we have to help you like it then it's not a phone for you. If you liked the z10 then the z30 should be even better for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:47 PM
    Yes those were some concerns of mine with the z10, but I was hoping with the new runtime in 10.2 it would be less of an issue. Also I assumed since the z30 had a bit more power, I wouldn't notice the stutter in the maps app.

I should add, the OS is what I like about the phone. It's the hardware I want to know if I'll enjoy. And these couple points were just my first impressions. To cough up a fair bit of money for a phone and see little things that bother me from the get go like the icon fonts and the side part of the battery door are really just annoying. From these forums I thought it was going to be god's gift to mankind but felt a bit disappointed.
    11-04-13 08:01 PM
    Yes those were some concerns of mine with the z10, but I was hoping with the new runtime in 10.2 it would be less of an issue. Also I assumed since the z30 had a bit more power, I wouldn't notice the stutter in the maps app.

I should add, the OS is what I like about the phone. It's the hardware I want to know if I'll enjoy. And these couple points were just my first impressions. To cough up a fair bit of money for a phone and see little things that bother me from the get go like the icon fonts and the side part of the battery door are really just annoying. From these forums I thought it was going to be god's gift to mankind but felt a bit disappointed.
    I think you are the first to mention icon fonts. Are they not readable? All apps perform better on the z30 but I'm not sure what you were expecting, the spec difference between the z10 and z30 isn't massive.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:15 PM
    I suppose it's just me with the fonts. They are readable, but I really feel on a bigger phone they should be larger.

Same with the side part of the back door. I know I'm being picky but nevertheless the little things can be the most annoying.
    11-04-13 08:35 PM
    I find fonts look just slightly smaller imo

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:37 PM