Who wants one too?

Would be great to get an updated model of this awesome power machine!

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-12-15 08:27 PM
    You, along with every man and his dog!

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    Jrox74 likes this.
    02-12-15 08:30 PM
    This thread requires adding poll to it.
    02-13-15 01:05 AM
    What is it you want upgraded?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 07:05 AM
    He wants what we all want: for BlackBerry to release a new all touch phone, like the Z30 but even better.

I'm going with 32 GB of device memory, quad core CPU, dual sim, on-and-on I could go.

Let's call it the Z50.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-13-15 09:58 AM
    Me too!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 10:15 AM
    Maybe in June. . .

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    02-13-15 10:26 AM
    Me too please! Z50 sounds good.
    02-13-15 10:34 AM
    What is it you want upgraded?

Posted via CB10
    -Faster processor for sure
    -Increase ram to at least 3GB
    -Make the device a bit lighter and thinner
    -move USB charging port to bottom
    -upgraded camera

Just to name a few easy ones.
    02-13-15 11:01 AM
    Do we know that blackberry is even going to be making new all touch devices? Has any such roadmap been announced? My impression is that neither the Z10 (big inventory write off) nor the Z30 sold that well (less sure about that one, but it's my impression...certainly they didn't advertise it). The passport did much better than was expected, and it seems like the classic is doing even better. So I wonder what the future of all touch devices is with Blackberry. Will there be a new all touch flagship this summer? It might be enough to pry me away from my passport if there is.
    02-13-15 08:45 PM
    I'll be honest, it might not make sense for them to make a flagship all touch device. The Z30 numbers were bad. Even though the phone has sold quite well in the past 4 months, those numbers are still insignificant. They do not want to compete with Android or Apple. The Passport is like a hummer of smartphones and nothing else like it. The Classic is a tribute to the old school BlackBerry users. There were many users of the old school BlackBerry devices with the trackball that they wanted to be able to bring back in. Besides, there are no devices like them.
    The Z30 is my favorite all touch device to date and that includes the former LG flagship Optimus G. But I do not think BlackBerry is confident they will do any better than they did with the Z30. However... if they can get to a new OS, like say 10.4, and add great new features to it that Android and Apple do not have, it could work. They need to release it with something that sets it apart. This is because unfortunately, it will be compare directly with other platform devices. And we know that it will not have the specs of the newest Samsung or HTC device. Nor does it need to. But it's all about perception. I hope they do update it. If they do, I would imagine it would be the last quarter of this year or the 1st quarter of next year.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, jas1978, SK122387 and 1 others like this.
    02-13-15 09:16 PM
    -Faster processor for sure
    -Increase ram to at least 3GB
    -move USB charging port to bottom
    -upgraded camera

Just to name a few easy ones.
    I think the size is OK.
    The USB port is ridiculous on the side.
    Faster, sure.
    Camera, totally agree.
    02-14-15 07:11 AM
    I'll be honest, it might not make sense for them to make a flagship all touch device. The Z30 numbers were bad. Even though the phone has sold quite well in the past 4 months, those numbers are still insignificant. They do not want to compete with Android or Apple. The Passport is like a hummer of smartphones and nothing else like it. The Classic is a tribute to the old school BlackBerry users. There were many users of the old school BlackBerry devices with the trackball that they wanted to be able to bring back in. Besides, there are no devices like them.
    The Z30 is my favorite all touch device to date and that includes the former LG flagship Optimus G. But I do not think BlackBerry is confident they will do any better than they did with the Z30. However... if they can get to a new OS, like say 10.4, and add great new features to it that Android and Apple do not have, it could work. They need to release it with something that sets it apart. This is because unfortunately, it will be compare directly with other platform devices. And we know that it will not have the specs of the newest Samsung or HTC device. Nor does it need to. But it's all about perception. I hope they do update it. If they do, I would imagine it would be the last quarter of this year or the 1st quarter of next year.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.
    02-14-15 07:12 AM
    I'm not holding my breath. BlackBerry may come through but clearly the focus has shifted to qwerty handsets.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-14-15 08:51 AM
    With Chen at helm and from what we have seen so far the full touch devices are complete duds as far as market acceptance goes. I personally like the Z30 very much and think it is what Z10 should have been out the door. Looks like it is all back to physical keyboard again for BlackBerry and maybe a few more quirky designs such as the Passport. If the enterprise device device push is not well, we could be currently using or looking at last batches of BlackBerry handsets on the market.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-14-15 10:04 AM
    No , Im happy! 10.3.1 will be more than new enough.
    02-14-15 06:17 PM
    To me it just seems that people are fixated on android and iphone if doesn't seem to matter how good the phone is because BlackBerry OS is way ahead of what the other guys are doing and people still don't seem to care. They love pressing that home button BlackBerry is just so much smarter in terms of what we need it to do with less hassle of going in and out of apps to do 1 thing but people don't understand that it is redundant trying to explain why the OS is way better than anything that's out there right now.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-14-15 09:06 PM
    The z10 was a failure because BlackBerry made too many of them. Judging by the fact that there is still z30 inventory and that BlackBerry offers steep discounts I'd say BlackBerry made too many of them too. I am a BlackBerry shareholder and I fully support BlackBerry making another all touch flagship device, but it is critical that they are conservative with their production estimate. Also, tech reviews make a big difference in sales so BlackBerry has to please the reviewers. To do that BlackBerry must max out the specs so that they don't have anything to complain about. Certainly BB10 does well on z30 specs, but it doesn't sell well. Give the all-touch another shot, and do it right for once.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-14-15 10:40 PM
    He wants what we all want: for BlackBerry to release a new all touch phone, like the Z30 but even better.

I'm going with 32 GB of device memory, quad core CPU, dual sim, on-and-on I could go.

Let's call it the Z50.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but will dual sim actually help you.

I just don't see the need or use?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    SK122387 likes this.
    02-15-15 12:09 AM
    I will be waiting for a z10 size device. The device size is very much better than z30. I want to improve the specs of z10, camera, speakers, and especially display. Better IPS LCD display like in iPhone.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-15-15 12:21 AM
    I will be waiting for a z10 size device. The device size is very much better than z30. I want to improve the specs of z10, camera, speakers, and especially display. Better IPS LCD display like in iPhone.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    You want the battery life of an iPhone too?
    02-15-15 08:43 AM
    I'm sorry but will dual sim actually help you.

I just don't see the need or use?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    Absolutely! What if you own a business? Instead of having a personal device and a business device you only need one to manage both numbers. It would truly open up the personal to work BlackBerry Balance use on BB10. And that's only one application of use, I'm sure others can say more.

Personally, I'm happy with the Z30 aesthetically. It just needs a reboot in all other areas.

- CPU
    - RAM
    - Screen resolution (not a huge deal for me but I know this is a pet pev for others)
    - Camera optics (don't need not MP just better lens and fine tuning with OS)
    - Premium materials on construction.
    - dual sim
    - even better integration with Android Runtime (only if the native app situation is still non- existent)
    - Battery (coming from a Z10 the Z30 is a beast but it would be nice to have more or even the same capacity, in a removable format)

I'm sure others can add but I think these are the key areas of focus for me.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-16-15 07:14 AM
    Personally, rather than dump a ton of capital into new devices, I'd like to see a massive dump into marketing. The flagship BlackBerry devices are the Z30, Classic, and Passport, each serving different styles of user.

And no, I don't mean the crappy Classic-style commercial. I mean something that people can emotionally link to.

The biggest remark I hear when I say, "BlackBerry", to someone on the street, is that they don't even know that BlackBerry is even a thing anymore. Unfortunately, BlackBerry is doing NOTHING in terms of real mainstream marketing.

There was a time when I put out a casting call in the Phoenix metro area to see if anyone would want to extra in some indi commercials I wanted to direct and record. Sadly, nobody answered the call. Don't think that'll stop me, though.
    daniel337, FF22 and Zeratul57 like this.
    02-17-15 12:42 PM
    But not if it compromises battery life

The dual SIM idea mentioned by others would be a BIG PLUS for those of us who currently have to carry two devices... one for personal use and one for business use AND would pair nicely with the 'dual persona' already offered with BB10 of splitting work and personal. It isn't simply a case of two phone numbers being needed BUT supporting two entirely different data plans... one being your employers work plan, and the other being your personal plan which may or may not be with the same carrier.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-22-15 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well put... but for there remaining corporate base offering a 'complete' family of products has merit. Developing focused products designed to improve productivity for those who actually use there devices to get work done... rather than those looking for a glorified Nintendo iDS... such as the Passport & Classic rather than going to battle with Samsung & Apple makes a lot of sense. The Z30 is not a bad phone compared to its rivals, but for how long?

What I think we are talking about here is the need to keep the device 'current' rather than breaking new ground with the device (keep that for devices like the Passport) which from an R&D perspective shouldn't be too difficult. The Z30 sales numbers as pointed out are 'ok'... or at least good enough to cover development costs to refresh the device. I think what is being talked about here is what BlackBerry should consider when 'refreshing' the Z30 to keep it current. After all, the device is nearly 18 months old which for a mobile device today is considered an antique.
    02-22-15 02:35 PM
48 12