FYI after 25hrs unplugged with moderate usage [(formerly poor) Cell (coverage),wifi,BT on]. As I was sitting in my office, this might even appear as low usage. But in the same circumstances, my Z10 would have die dry last night.
    I believe Paratek antenna is doing a great job here, regarding battery life (and still w/ a far better reception of course) .

I want to know more about the Z30 from previous Z10 owners-img_00001125.png

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    10-11-13 03:33 AM
    Just wanted to correct this: The dim screens BlackBerry uses aren't actually dim because they are AMOLED. There are some pretty bright AMOLED displays out there on other. In terms of brightness, even deeper blacks and visibility in direct sunlight, my three year old Symbian Nokias easily outperformed my Q10, quite disappointing performance by BlackBerry. Either BlackBerry dimmed those on purpose or they really bought some crappy technology with their SuperAMOLED stuff.

Just check out the current Nokia Lumia 925 and 1020 or the new Samsung Note 3 or Galaxy S4: All use some sort of AMOLED technology and they all outperform BBs current line-up in virtually every aspect.
    I had the 1020 the screen was what I disliked most about it. I did a side by side Netflix playback of breaking bad with a nexus 4, and the 1020 had some serious color issues. Everything else about that phone was amazing though. I hope that the 1020's, screen doesn't outperform the z30. If so I might just stick with my z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 06:52 AM
    I hate the punchy colours of SuperAMOLED on Samsung. I watched a colourful video with my kid (Gigglebellies) and felt like on a trip. Those colours were hurting my eyes. Is it the same with Z30?
    10-24-13 04:28 AM
    I totally agree with you, I can say you can enjoy much more with z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 04:34 AM
    I had Z10 as well. Z30 Screen is much better than Z10. Picture quality is superb, my wife always gets my Z30 to take pictures now. Battery life is very good, never had problem till now. Not using my car charger or power akku anymore when using for navigation.

When I get home after work battery stays at 60%. I charge it overnight. If I play heavy games it drops of course significantly like others do. But I didn't know that 2880 battery would make that much difference.

Things I like on Z30 more:
    - larger screen
    - better photos
    - bigger battery
    - fast
    Not going back to Z10, totally satisfied with Z30.

Complains:
    - 16GB internal storage, not enough for games and apps (considering Gameloft 1-2 GB games)
    - Power button is too sensitive, like BB Torch. Gets clicked easily in tight pocket when you sit down.

BBLink backup from Z10 to Z30 makes you ready for the action .
    May I recommend you get the flip cover case and that should eliminate the problems you are experiencing with your "tight pocket " syndromes. Also the flip cover will protect your screen from scratches.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:00 AM
    I hate the punchy colours of SuperAMOLED on Samsung. I watched a colourful video with my kid (Gigglebellies) and felt like on a trip. Those colours were hurting my eyes. Is it the same with Z30?
    Then you will probably not enjoy the screen on the Z30. The punchy, oversaturated colours are more or less a trademark of the technology. People say that modern AMOLED screens have gotten better in this regard, but I think that is a load of hogwash.

The S4/Galaxy Note 3/Moto X using the latest and greatest are just as oversaturated as anything else...
    10-24-13 07:42 AM
    Now that's not good at all. This will probably make me stay with my Z10 then.
    10-24-13 09:05 AM
    Now that's not good at all. This will probably make me stay with my Z10 then.
    Go give it a try.

I too prefer LCD over AMOLED, but the Z30 screen is pretty good. The extra screen real estate, superior build construction and battery life are all worthy of an upgrade IMO.
    BBSpring likes this.
    10-24-13 09:39 AM
    They are slightly different. I find the Z30 screen a little easier because of the extra real estate. Typing is easier. Z10 screen is brighter, but the difference in the scheme of things is inconsequential. I think it comes down to whether you like a bigger screen and whether the slightly larger device fits your hand/s well.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:55 AM
    How did you get real racing on the Z30, it says not available for this device. Let me know. I miss it going from Z10 to Z30
    Last edited by BBSpring; 10-24-13 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling error
    10-24-13 10:47 AM
    Here are the goods IMO:

On paper, the difference seems minimal and making the switch seems like a fanboy debate. But go touch, feel one, touch one for yourself. I was sure I'd wait till the price dropped and then buy one around the holiday season, pfttttt!

The build quality alone makes you feel like the switch might be worth it. Add to that the smooth screen, the snappier operation and the temptation is fully set.

If you buy one ( which I did), then the real difference comes out: Battery life is not even in the same category....all day, through the night...yes!. Sound is ramped up and calling quality seems improved. The screen brightness is a con, as the Z10 looks better, but overall it looks good. I don't know what the glass is made of, but it's crazy smooth and with no edges, the operation is perfect, dare I say addictive.

I will admit, the screen size takes time to get used to, it's not 4.2.....but after a few days, you cannot, will not go back to 4.2....trust me on that one.

The Z10 is a nice device, compared to the Z30 it's not as sturdy, premium or cool. If BB prices this thing right......it has the chance to gain traction. Not 10M units, but a nice sales blip can happen.

Go check it out!.
    dosto likes this.
    10-24-13 11:06 AM
    I'm going from a z10 to a z30 and the z30 is 10 times better

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:27 AM
    - Power button is too sensitive, like BB Torch. Gets clicked easily in tight pocket when you sit down.
    A short remark, easily overlooked in between the battery and screen discussions. But a big concern for me. I HATED the lock button of the torch. It was just impossible to NOT unlock the device in a pocket. I had to use a locking app, which was clumsy to use.There is no such app for BB10 yet, as neither any of the Qs nor the Z10 have this problem. It was the main reason for me to abandon the Torch.

Can real z30 owners/users please comment? Key decision point for me. Thanks.
    10-24-13 12:49 PM
    Loving the z30 a lot more than I did with my z10

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:46 PM
    A short remark, easily overlooked in between the battery and screen discussions. But a big concern for me. I HATED the lock button of the torch. It was just impossible to NOT unlock the device in a pocket. I had to use a locking app, which was clumsy to use.There is no such app for BB10 yet, as neither any of the Qs nor the Z10 have this problem. It was the main reason for me to abandon the Torch.

Can real z30 owners/users please comment? Key decision point for me. Thanks.
    You can set the behavior of the lock button in the settings.
    Go into display settings and you'll find an on/off switch for unlock with button (sry for translation but you'll get it easy).
    10-25-13 04:41 AM
    You can set the behavior of the lock button in the settings.
    Go into display settings and you'll find an on/off switch for unlock with button (sry for translation but you'll get it easy).
    Thank you.
    But this was not the question.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 07:49 AM
    Have to say originally i was going to wait for a price drop on the Z30 and then get it but after finally getting to play with one here in a shop...i think my z10 might be relegated to the cupboard or sold to fund it.

Absolutely love the feel and weight of the Z30, the screen looks nice to me and i love the edge to edge design. I would have picked one up today had they had some decent cases for the Z30 as i really dont want to carry it naked as ive heard the screen scratches easily.

One thing i didnt get to check out was the speakers as the demo model didnt have any videos or songs on it. Worse thing about going into that shop where i saw the Z30 was that it was hidden right at the back of the store on a stand with a Z10, Q5 and Q10, none of which were working...only the Z30 was on and working. These mobile phone shops have all but given up on Blackberry sadly, even the guy was saying to me forget blackberry and look at Android. I just laughed and said thanks but no thanks then pulled out my Z10 to answer a bbm message from the missus...he looked surprised at how easy it was to use the Z10.
    10-25-13 01:17 PM
    Yes, the ignorance is really a sad thing. My friend was telling me that he never wants a touch screen without a physical keyboard until I lent him my Z10. After actually trying he changed his mind.
    10-27-13 04:20 AM
    i just wanna say.... after being an apple fan boy and android nut since the beginning, i never liked blackberry. however, after picking up a z10 with 10.2 os i feel this phone owns other platforms! i will be getting the z30!
    DJM626 and Drew Oswalt like this.
    10-27-13 07:37 AM
44 12