Any owners?

• How is the battery life compared to the Z10?
    • How is the screen compared to the Z10 like brightness and clarity?
    10-09-13 04:10 AM
    I have both. Battery is a day and night difference for me. The Z10's screen, however, is brighter as it's LCD. But then, Z30's screen is AMOLED to save power. It's a comprise for longer battery life, which I'm fine with.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 05:16 AM
    Let me emphasize about battery life.

One day I unplugged the phone at 8:30am; had 4% left at 11am the next day. It's that good. Use it as my primary phone (like 15 calls) with exchange email account and 2 other IMAP's.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 05:18 AM
    What about letter and picture sharpness?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 05:50 AM
    I think pictures look better, more vibrant on my Z30. Text is little bit sharper on the Z10 but it's still really good on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:19 AM
    I had Z10 as well. Z30 Screen is much better than Z10. Picture quality is superb, my wife always gets my Z30 to take pictures now. Battery life is very good, never had problem till now. Not using my car charger or power akku anymore when using for navigation.

When I get home after work battery stays at 60%. I charge it overnight. If I play heavy games it drops of course significantly like others do. But I didn't know that 2880 battery would make that much difference.

Things I like on Z30 more:
    - larger screen
    - better photos
    - bigger battery
    - fast
    Not going back to Z10, totally satisfied with Z30.

Complains:
    - 16GB internal storage, not enough for games and apps (considering Gameloft 1-2 GB games)
    - Power button is too sensitive, like BB Torch. Gets clicked easily in tight pocket when you sit down.

BBLink backup from Z10 to Z30 makes you ready for the action .
    Superfly_FR and BlackberryPig like this.
    10-09-13 08:36 AM
    Why would the photos be better?? They both have the same cameras

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:40 AM
    Just the info, I'm a heavy user:
    - 2 Gmail
    - 1 Yahoo
    - Corporate emails
    - BBM
    - WhatsApp
    - Real Racing game after work
    - Browsing
    - Alot of news app
    - Android and native maps navigation

Works solid with all of this, have 2-3 apps open constantly.
    10-09-13 08:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, my wife has Z10. Z30 can focus better on photos (not videos) from a close range. Pics are more clear than Z10. Can't say much to technical details.
    10-09-13 08:43 AM
    Just the info, I'm a heavy user:
    - 2 Gmail
    - 1 Yahoo
    - Corporate emails
    - BBM
    - WhatsApp
    - Real Racing game after work
    - Browsing
    - Alot of news app
    - Android and native maps navigation

Works solid with all of this, have 2-3 apps open constantly.
    How is real racing compared on Z30 compared to Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:45 AM
    I don't know, my wife has Z10. Z30 can focus better on photos (not videos) from a close range. Pics are more clear than Z10. Can't say much to technical details.
    Have you tried to clean the Z10 camera lens?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:46 AM
    If not maybe the focusing software on 10.2 is superior.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-09-13 08:46 AM
    Battery Life is Hands down better on the Z30 (2800 vs 1800)
    Reduction in pixel density is not really visible on the larger Z30 screen
    I found that with my Z10, I would turn down the brightness of the screen to save battery power (but also reduce the sharpness and quality of the display). With my Z30, i have the brightness turned up all the way and the battery easily gets me through the day with 30%+ to spare. Amoled screen is also very cool! I have the dark theme setting as well as i prefer its look.

Typing is easier (was also very easy on the Z10) on the Z30 with larger keys but i find ergonomically it fits my fingers better. screen size is definitely a plus as well. Especially with consuming media content (videos, etc...)
    Superfly_FR and phuoc like this.
    10-09-13 08:53 AM
    How much of these improvements are more 10.2. Than the hardware of the z30 phone it's self?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:56 AM
    I would like to see a browser head-to-head comparison between the Z10 and Z30, and the Z30 vs S4 and 5s. I have yet to find such comparisons on YouTube, has anyone seen/found one?
    10-09-13 09:24 AM
    I can do one between Z30 and iPhone 5 later today...

Posted via CB10 from BB Q10
    10-09-13 09:27 AM
    The Z10's screen, however, is brighter as it's LCD.
    Here's a pic both on max brightness

I want to know more about the Z30 from previous Z10 owners-img_00000117.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 09:46 AM
    the Z10 just looks white washed. The Z30 screen seems cleaner.
    10-09-13 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Probably because of the software. I'm assuming he doesn't have the latest 10.2 build on his z10.

Posted from my Z10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-09-13 11:08 AM

thats would be great, can you do a video comparison?
    10-09-13 11:14 AM

Please do. Love to see some browser tests and same app load times.

Posted from my Z10
    10-09-13 11:18 AM
    He probably meant better for viewing photos...direct benefit from having a bigger screen...

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:40 PM
    I wonder if it's also because of having the quad core graphic chip...perhaps not.
    Since both phones have the same camera, it's must be the software on BB10.2...and a bigger screen...
    thats would be great, can you do a video comparison?
    10-09-13 12:46 PM
    Only sporting my Z30 for a whole day, but here are my returns, will do a full review later.

1. Screen
    While AMOLED screen will always have this kind of "plastic" rendering compared to LCD (I prefered the Z10 screen to the Q10), its great size makes you forget about it after one hour of use. Colors, contrast and brightness make it very crispy w/o bleeding. Animations are very responsive and color match seems ok (eyes only, no technical test).

2. Sound
    Simply the best sound I've heard from a mobile device (*). Period.
    Bass are present, treble are sharp and mediums do not overtake the space. Consequent volume at max capacity, where you might ear some saturation depending of the kind of music you like. But it's far enough around 90% (with no saturation) to listen as a daily companion in my office.
    (*) I've not tried every devices, just my experience.

3. Design/quality
    Very nice quality, feel solid and the Q10-like glass back is a perfect match. Vertical bezel are thin but horizontal swipe is easy as with Z10.
    Weight must be pointed out as something that ladies could consider as a small negative point. The beast is heavy if you compare to the feather light Z10 (I feel like if it was double the weight).

4. Battery life
    I didn't have to bother after a full day of usage (Office365 [mail, calendar, contacts], Twitter, FaceBook, 15-20 calls, 10-15 SMS, some gaming [wow: Batman !], 3G+/DC, Wifi, BlueTooth ... and a LOT of settings tests. I have no real percentage to offer; it was just up and running with est. 1/3 left after 15 hours. I'll qualify my usage as "medium++" and won't be surprised I could reach 20Hrs+ without any problem.

5. Video/photo/sound recording
    Made some tests in very heavy conditions (Rock'n'Roll rehearsal with friends in a studio). No special care, left it alone on a Tshirt. Result is as good as you may pretend with this kind of mobile device. There's something different in the signal processing, some issues when recording HD video with crash cymbals that messed up the overall balance. But overall result was good with parrot.
    Video recorded in the studio in low light was perfect when played on the Z30, and still pretty impressive on my 24" desktop screen.

6. [Edited] SIGNAL reception !!!
    OMG, I forgot to tell you how this Paratek antena is magic !!!
    In my office, I had barely 1-2 bars with any phone I owned previously (or my visitors iP out of signal) and the Z30 is now proudly waggling between 3 and 4 bars out of 5. Out of the office, I discovered I was almost 80% in Dual Carrier or 3G+ modes (anecdotal 4G when in covered area). Besides the sound quality, it's a real gap if you compare to Z10.

7. Finally
    I.Love.It.
    #IchooseBlackBerry10 and this device is nothing but proving (me) I'm right !

P.S: I won't abandon my Z10 LE though; a lightweight unit for dinner in town Swapping is so easy and ... so sexy !
    (and if you ask : well, my Q10 may be the less used now).
    10-09-13 01:28 PM
    The Z10's screen, however, is brighter as it's LCD. But then, Z30's screen is AMOLED to save power. It's a comprise for longer battery life, which I'm fine with.
    Just wanted to correct this: The dim screens BlackBerry uses aren't actually dim because they are AMOLED. There are some pretty bright AMOLED displays out there on other. In terms of brightness, even deeper blacks and visibility in direct sunlight, my three year old Symbian Nokias easily outperformed my Q10, quite disappointing performance by BlackBerry. Either BlackBerry dimmed those on purpose or they really bought some crappy technology with their SuperAMOLED stuff.

Just check out the current Nokia Lumia 925 and 1020 or the new Samsung Note 3 or Galaxy S4: All use some sort of AMOLED technology and they all outperform BBs current line-up in virtually every aspect.
    10-09-13 03:07 PM
44 12