From N4BB. Awesome First Hand INFO: Oh My Goodness, I can't wait for this thing. The A10 is looking better and better.
    I Used the BlackBerry A10 Today – My First Impressions
    By Max Salman on July 23, 2013

The BlackBerry A10 is making headlines lately as photos and videos emerge of the next flagship BlackBerry smartphone. I was fortunate enough to be at a local grocery store in Waterloo, when I caught the person in front of me of the checkout line using the A10. I took a double-take, but knew for certain it was was mystical 5-inch BlackBerry.

The A10 looked like a Z10 in shape, but the back plate was of course the glass weave. I immediately asked the guy once he finished his call if the phone was indeed the “rumoured” A10. He laughed and said yes. Much to my surprise, still in the checkout line, he offered to let me try out the device and get a feel for it.

The A10 was exactly like in the photos we have seen surface lately. He was unable to give me specs on the phone itself, but I got fairly good feel of the phone.

My first impressions of the A10 are positive in all areas. The body of the phone is robust, and has a sturdy weight that makes you feel like you are holding a gold brick. The A10 certainly looked professional, sleek, sharp, and felt like it was wearing a classy suit. Deep black with a fine layer of silver aluminum around the bottom and sides.

The bezel of the A10 was not intrusive at all. The larger display created the illusion that the bezel was even thinner than it was in reality. The glass of the display covered the entire remainder of the front of the phone, curving at the edges slightly. The A10′s 5-inch AMOLED display rendered BlackBerry 10 very much like the Q10 (i.e. PenTile).

The back of the phone was a single piece of glass weave material, it felt similar to the Q10′s back, just obviously larger. However, the battery is not removable. Overall, the A10 felt very nice, not plasticky, and definitely not made of cheap materials.

Unfortunately, I did not have enough time to explore the full range of features of the OS loaded on the A10. Nor was I allowed to take any quick snapshots of the device. However it worked seamlessly, and to full capacity taking full advantage of the increased screen real estate.

I was certainly impressed by BlackBerry’s first-ever “phablet” and those starring at the phone with me in the checkout line seemed equally intrigued.
    BlackBerry 'Z00' A10 Hands-on First Impressions
    laketrout73, SDTRMG and Otech#CB like this.
    07-24-13 05:32 PM
    Thats awesome. Was it really smooth and did it have any lag?
    07-24-13 05:41 PM
    I've never been a fan of Phablets, but there's just something about a BlackBerry that always gets me, I don't get it, I really want this A10! Goodbye S3, won't miss ya!!
    Last edited by NaijaBerry; 07-24-13 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Just because......
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    07-24-13 05:54 PM
    I've never been a fan of Phablets, but there's just something about a BlackBerry that always gets me, I don't get it, I really want this A10! Goodbye S3, won't miss ya!!
    Smart choice sir....+10000

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    SoloShaBerry likes this.
    07-24-13 06:28 PM
    Thats awesome. Was it really smooth and did it have any lag?
    Yes Smooth as silk and no lag.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    07-24-13 06:35 PM
    oh man i am getting the A10 for sure.

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-24-13 06:36 PM
    I'm really interested in the A10 but I'm in love with my Z10! Somebody please help! To the op, are you more or less likely to buy the A10 after getting a hands on?

Posted from my incredible Z10
    07-24-13 07:48 PM
    I love the Z10 but I feel the siren song of this new beauty!!
    Come to me baby!
    07-24-13 08:19 PM
    How many rows of icons were there? 4 or 5?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:20 PM
    Can wait, I will probably buy like buy it (3x ), but what's the deal with the non removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:21 PM
    You should've left the S3 for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:31 PM
    I've had a Z10 for since early February and have never changed the battery. I used to think a user replaceable battery was critical but with a battery bundle, I just don't need to change the battery.
    07-24-13 08:38 PM
    I'm really interested in the A10 but I'm in love with my Z10! Somebody please help! To the op, are you more or less likely to buy the A10 after getting a hands on?

Posted from my incredible Z10
    The op was just reposting an article from n4bb I believe. I don't think he/she had an actual hands-on.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:41 PM
    5" is not a Phablet, generally speaking.
    Last edited by Moonbase0ne; 07-24-13 at 08:58 PM.
    JasW likes this.
    07-24-13 08:44 PM
    How many rows of icons were there? 4 or 5?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:52 PM
    The op was just reposting an article from n4bb I believe. I don't think he/she had an actual hands-on.

Posted via CB10
    Finally, reading comprehension. I was expecting the next question to be "how much did it cost and what carrier are you with?"

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 09:14 PM
    My trusty Z10 will be put on the shelf the day T-Mobile gets the A10.

Posted one-handed via BlackBerry Z10
    07-24-13 10:05 PM
    You should've left the S3 for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I'm rocking a Q10 left the Z for the Q, couldn't do without some touchy feely! The S3 is my secondary phone, to fill the screen real estate gap, mostly used for fun stuff, the Q's all work!
    07-24-13 10:11 PM
    So what's a phablet then? If 7" are considered as tablets, 4.2" as phones.....so what sizes are phabs? I agree with him that 5" are phabs and Samsung did a good job with the S4....its size is very decent and hardly can anyone tell it's bugger than the S3(well, by just 0.2")....i wish berry would make theirs look equally good. that would seem a perfect size for me...my prob with it right now is the 8.0mp cam and the non removable battery. I also expect to see the I blasters and the likes to make it on par with the S4 and HTC one. Well, these are rumours for now, it might have loads of those features too. We'll just wait and see. But please berry, improve the goddamn battery and make it removable.....and if i may ask the op.....where was this seen? do they display rumoured phones? Yeah, we all know it's coming but do they actually do this?
    Last edited by soapydarren; 07-26-13 at 04:55 AM.
    07-26-13 04:03 AM
    Why are people calling this a phablet? The S4 has a 5 inch screen. Is that considered a phablet? Maybe last year is might have been but tech has since moved on. Is the phablet label given because of the overall size of the phone? is it bigger all around than an s4, whilst having the same size screen?

Its not a phablet. Its just a big phone with a 5 inch screen.
    07-26-13 05:49 AM
    It's not a phablet - I thought that was note II sized or over?

Anyway - I really hope this device is priced right! Like the Moto X - 250 / $299 region. Anything else than mid range pricing and it's really going to hurt.

If it is priced right - this is shaping up to be a quality release...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-26-13 06:29 AM
    Enough with the ever-lovin' "phablet" talk. If you've ever seen the Note 2 in comparison to the S4, you'd know that 5" screens can't be considered tablet-like in anyway. Five inches has basically become a standard size. Anything 1/2" or over that (like the Note 2) could probably be called a "phablet," but it's an idiotic term.

In any event . . .

The back of the phone was a single piece of glass weave material, it felt similar to the Q10′s back, just obviously larger. However, the battery is not removable.
    NO SALE!
    07-26-13 06:31 AM
    Moved to A10 discussion
    07-26-13 06:36 AM
    A phablet is defined by how embarrassing you look when you have it up to your face. The Galaxy Note looks really stupid when you see a small woman talking on it. That is clearly a phablet. As we've yet to see the A10 in the in the hands of the young, we can't decide if it meets that definition.
    Bor Navas and GooberNS like this.
    07-26-13 06:46 AM
    That's not true. Look up the definition of phablet.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    StutterStep likes this.
    07-26-13 06:54 AM
41 12