I don't get it from defenders of this practice. Even if I'm the first customer on the planet that requested a BlackBerry device, just get me the damn phone and hook me up with a plan. Who the hell cares if they hardly or never sold before.
    Carriers are there to sell services, not phones based on their personal preferences. Smh

Posted via CB10
    not being sure of what the actual numbers are here but to play a little numbers game let's say that a give store has the physical room and budget to stock 400 phones.

historically they sell (or a customer wants to buy), let's say, 300 galaxy phones, 300 iPhones, 30 windows phones and have yet to ever sell a blackberry, a "cat" armored phone, or any others.

the profit on each phone is $50 (counting sale of services and profit on the device). given that, at what levels to you stock each phone?
    04-06-14 12:37 PM
    I was lucky to buy the last of the two remaining new Z30s from a Chicagoland Verizon retail store last week. If you find yourself at a Verizon corporate store and if the Z30 is not in stock, ask the rep to have one sent in from another local corporate store, or direct from Verizon online for in-store pickup.

Posted via CB10 from my VZW Z30
    04-06-14 12:40 PM
    not being sure of what the actual numbers are here but to play a little numbers game let's say that a give store has the physical room and budget to stock 400 phones.

historically they sell (or a customer wants to buy), let's say, 300 galaxy phones, 300 iPhones, 30 windows phones and have yet to ever sell a blackberry, a "cat" armored phone, or any others.

the profit on each phone is $50 (counting sale of services and profit on the device). given that, at what levels to you stock each phone?
    Stocking is another topic.. I'm just saying they should accommodate and do whatever they can to provide you with the device you requested. Assist with an online order even.

Posted via CB10
    CygnusX-1 likes this.
    04-06-14 04:36 PM
    Stocking is another topic.. I'm just saying they should accommodate and do whatever they can to provide you with the device you requested. Assist with an online order even.

Posted via CB10
    the customer didn't really give much of a chance for that to happen. he wanted to "see" a Z30. The CSR did say that they could order one.

I did sort of experience this myself - I do know it happens, but this is the world blackberry and their loyal fans find themselves in, and "going Amiga" isn't going to help.

any business is going to do what they can to maximize profit. the people defending the stocking practice and behavior of those CSRs probably believe the business is operating that way because averaged over all customers likely to walk in the door, that is maximizing profit.

the average current blackberry user (not crackberry forum poster) probably does want to get a different kind of phone and the experience is more optimized to that average.
    Acidwire and techvisor like this.
    04-06-14 05:27 PM
    Well by the looks of the store they weren't selling much of anything. LoL
    04-06-14 05:54 PM
    Verizon entered into an agreement with BB to sell the Z30 exclusively in the US, but they don't have them in the store to sell to the walk in buyer.
    Sometimes they don't even have a display model for people to see it. My local Verizon store in Port Charlotte, Fl. has a display model - but it is hooked up to the most over sensitive anti theft device in the store.
    If you hold it, an annoying alarm goes off.
    I asked why do you have this happening as I told them about it months earlier and they never did anything with it.
    It could be hooked up anywhere else in the store so someone can hold it and explore what it does........but they don't. I said why don't you put another phone here and hook this Z30 somewhere else. Added the exclusive bit in the first sentence. I left, it's been a month and I'm pretty sure it still is in the same place. BB isn't selling many phones, but also they're getting ripped by Verizon.
    It's a corporate Verizon store.
    Last edited by heepman; 04-06-14 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Corporate VZN
    04-06-14 05:58 PM
    How can you sell them if you can't even demo them (re: non-working demo)? They're not even trying.

I used to sell cameras, and every demo we had worked, from the bottom of the barrel Vivitars to the high end Nikons

Posted via CB10
    heepman and Omnitech like this.
    04-06-14 06:00 PM
    Verizon entered into an agreement with BB to sell the Z30 exclusively in the US, but they don't have them in the store to sell to the walk in buyer.
    Sometimes they don't even have a display model for people to see it. My local Verizon store in Port Charlotte, Fl. has a display model - but it is hooked up to the most over sensitive anti theft device in the store.
    If you hold it, an annoying alarm goes off.
    I asked why do you have this happening as I told them about it months earlier and they never did anything with it.
    It could be hooked up anywhere else in the store so someone can hold it and explore what it does........but they don't. I said why don't you put another phone here and hook this Z30 somewhere else. Added the exclusive bit in the first sentence. I left, it's been a month and I'm pretty sure it still is in the same place. BB isn't selling many phones, but also they're getting ripped by Verizon.
    It's a corporate Verizon store.

I'm in Port Charlotte also and I know exactly what you are talking about. When I went there just to check the phone out it was in some type of demo mode. Couldn't do anything with it. When I went there on Saturday to upgrade the first thing out of the salesmens mouth was "why blackberry. There are no apps." They had no z30's in stock. Only had the z10.
    heepman likes this.
    04-06-14 08:24 PM
    I'm in Port Charlotte also and I know exactly what you are talking about. When I went there just to check the phone out it was in some type of demo mode. Couldn't do anything with it. When I went there on Saturday to upgrade the first thing out of the salesmens mouth was "why blackberry. There are no apps." They had no z30's in stock. Only had the z10.
    Swipe down from the top and choose OS Demo to exit the retail demo mode.

Posted via CB10
    heepman likes this.
    04-06-14 08:29 PM
    I bought my AT&T z10s at BestBuy last year, one when it came up and the other after summer, on the first one the sales guy admitted to me that Apple paid them to push their phones first and insist, for the second it was Samsung paying for the same thing, that's why we are here with reps. They have been pushing other brands for so long that don't remember BlackBerry any longer, some of them even truly believe that BlackBerry don't exist anymore. Right now, who knows who is paying for pushing their brand first. People that don't have their mind set on what to buy, which are the majority, end up buying what the reps push them to buy, (freedom of choice?) but then again.

Life is simple, we are the ones that complicate it !!! Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947/2235 on AT&T
    I work for bestbuy mobile and that consultant was feeding you Bs. That's not true at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 08:30 PM
    To the folks asking why do this, the OP is probably sitting around with a big bucket of popcorn and enjoying this thread. I guess some people just have that kind of time.
    extisis likes this.
    04-06-14 10:30 PM
    I went to Verizon yesterday to upgrade to the z30. Of course they didn't have any in stock. They tried to talk me out of it bit it didn't work. I had them order one and I will be getting it Tuesday.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    The best decision ever! I got mine Friday last week ordered it online... its a hell of a phone. its blazing fast on the Verizon 4g

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-07-14 01:24 AM
    I went to Verizon yesterday to upgrade to the z30. Of course they didn't have any in stock. They tried to talk me out of it bit it didn't work. I had them order one and I will be getting it Tuesday.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    This is what every BlackBerry customer has to do at VZW! Steel yourself to get what you want and order it.
    04-07-14 06:34 AM
    I didn't look at the video.

If this was an independent reseller, then it's their prerogative what they stock and sell.

On the other hand, in a corporate Verizon store, Verizon has a contract to sell the product and at MINIMUM they should have a model on display, or else they are likely violating their contract.
    04-07-14 11:48 AM
    I would be pissed if you secretly recorded me and posted it on the net. Not sure what you are trying to prove by doing that anyway. Check the upteen hundred other threads about people's experiences asking for a BB. It's not like this is new news....

Posted via CB10
    It is at the very least a violation of the YouTube TOS unless the OP got their permission to post their likeness, and depending on the State it could be illegal.
    How can you sell something that you don't even stock. That's what I would reply to the sales associates in a professional manner of course. A working demo would be a great plus too.

Posted via CB10
    We should all boycott carriers that do not push Blackberry!

Blackberry is the finest OS ever! I have all the apps I need. Blackberry is for the prosumers. These sales reps who are not actively selling blackberry have a secret agenda that is being funded by the US gov.
    Well that is excessive, if this was a corporate store you should bring it up with management but if it is an independent store then they have to make a profit and they have to stock items according to demand. With all that about a secret agenda are you wearing your tin hat? Plus prosumers can be using any platform fyi.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-07-14 12:22 PM
    Naiiiiice OP
    04-07-14 12:52 PM
    I need to state that that was not a corporate Verizon store. That was an indirect agent possibly cellularsales.com.

They did nothing wrong in that interaction. Stated they offer the phone and can order it but they do not stock it in their locations.

Indirect agents buy their stock from Verizon out of pocket. Why would they put risk in holding inventory they aren't selling. The economics for them is different than a corporate store.

Also I didn't see a "pained face". It looked like she was confused and then asked her manager if they have any in stock.

Posted via CB10
    i think her confusion was that she saw she was being recorded by the guy at 0.18-0.19 and it turned out he just wanted to buy a phone from her and film the exchange, to someone outside of crackberry it would be very weird to film yourself asking to buy something. i think she might have thought he was about to complain about customer service he recieved previously or complain about a return or something else.
    04-07-14 12:59 PM
    this guy wasn't actually that bad, he told you the truth unless they are suppose to have them in all stores. The girl isn't trained to sell blackberry. They didn't however say the company is going out of business which i've read from a several other people.

you should do this to multiple stores asking for the persons name :P I live in waterloo, so everyone is openly selling blackberry here but when I go to the states next I will definitely do your little video camera in the pocket trick. hahah
    04-07-14 02:01 PM
    The OP is doing a great service to the Blackberry community. He is the Ed Snowden of Blackberry! The world needs to know how US corporations are steadfast undermining Blackberry.

ED SNOWDEN of Blackberry...... Classic
    04-07-14 02:14 PM
    We should all boycott carriers that do not push Blackberry!
    How would they know we were doing it?
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-07-14 02:56 PM
    John Chen should revoke all the carrier BlackBerry licenses and make them earn it back. Sell direct, and make them earn it back!

j/k... this video is sad but could be a cell phone shop in any town... that same reaction of, just, "i don't care... blah blah sales..." terrible experience.
    04-07-14 03:48 PM
    Wow, the states is going to be a tough market to win market share.

On a brighter note, the weather there looks amazing.

Posted via CB10
    It's not hard. Just tell people what they want via advertising. People in the USA can't think for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 04:15 PM
    I said years ago....to he'll with NA markets and focus on emerging market. then Heinz came out with an over priced phone aimed at NA markets. Chen gets it.

BB Proud
    kevets likes this.
    04-07-14 04:21 PM
97 1234