I guess we have different definitions for what is considered trolling.

This thread was about how the OP was just fine with 720p resolution. You are the one who came here to tell them they were wrong.

Either way the point of this thread was lost long ago, so we might as well leave it there.

Feel free to report my posts if you like. K?

Posted via CB10
    You've gone from a floundering argument about pixel size and how close they are, to basically calling me a sheep, to putting a veiled personal attack in every post that you make with me quoted in it. I'm pretty sure I know what I see, and apparently I'm not the only one who is noticing it.

Like I said, the difference in clarity between a 720 and 1080p screen at 5" is not opinion. It's only opinion to you because you'd like it to be.

Yes, differences are differences. Have a great day.

The only reason why it seems these threads are being made is precisely because people have voiced discontentment with the low resolution on this screen, given the market in which this device is being launched. It's why the thread title is worded the way it is. You cannot expect to make a thread like this and then only have people who wholeheartedly agree with you post in it. That is kind ridiculous, as is the flame-baiting way you went about trying to discuss things herein.
    MarsupilamiX, Donvald and szlevi like this.
    09-19-13 11:22 AM
    Sent from an S3? I.e. a ~5in screen with 720p resolution? Gross, it must be horrible using that pixelated pos

Posted via CB10
    Quote me where I said the screen was pixelated.

Quote me where I said the screen was horrible.

You can, however, quote me where I compare it to other 2013 flagships, not a device released before any devices on the market had a 1080p screen.

I didn't expect a GS3 to have 1080p. I expected 720p. I did not expect a Flagship from BB to launch with a 720p screen in late 2013. Yes, the clarity on my screen trails the GS4, but laughably it's still slightly better than the Z30's PPI. I'd be the first one to tell you that. Good enough, yes, flagship quality in 2013? Hell no. A device worth $600? Not to me - especially when the entire package is considered.

Don't put words in my mouth.
    MarsupilamiX and Donvald like this.
    09-19-13 11:28 AM
    You've gone from a floundering argument about pixel size and how close they are, to basically calling me a sheep, to putting a veiled personal attack in every post that you make with me quoted in it. I'm pretty sure I know what I see, and apparently I'm not the only one who is noticing it.

Like I said, the difference in clarity between a 720 and 1080p screen at 5" is not opinion. It's only opinion to you because you'd like it to be.

Yes, differences are differences. Have a great day.

The only reason why it seems these threads are being made is precisely because people have voiced discontentment with the low resolution on this screen, given the market in which this device is being launched. It's why the thread title is worded the way it is. You cannot expect to make a thread like this and then only have people who wholeheartedly agree with you post in it. That is kind ridiculous, as is the flame-baiting way you went about trying to discuss things herein.
    My argument from the get go is that I don't think the average person will see this amazing difference that you see.
    This is based on my personal experience, as well as many other threads where the same issue is discussed. This is only my opinion, and I have stayed it as such.

What bothers me is that you repeatedly state your opinion as fact and consider that a good argument style.

When the phone actually comes out and people review it, if the screen is total crap start a thread and PM me and I will admit I was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:34 AM
    Quote me where I said the screen was pixelated.

Quote me where I said the screen was horrible.

You can, however, quote me where I compare it to other 2013 flagships, not a device released before any devices on the market had a 1080p screen.

I didn't expect a GS3 to have 1080p. I expected 720p. I did not expect a Flagship from BB to launch with a 720p screen in late 2013. Yes, the clarity on my screen trails the GS4, but laughably it's still slightly better than the Z30's PPI. I'd be the first one to tell you that. Good enough, yes, flagship quality in 2013? Hell no. A device worth $600? Not to me - especially when the entire package is considered.

Don't put words in my mouth.
    You fail to see the point. A 720p screen resolution looks good on a 5in device, ofcourse not as good as 1080p, but the visual difference is negligible to a large portion of the population.

Not every product has to have bleeding edge specs in every aspect. There is not one person in this forum, or dare I say, in the WORLD, who buys BlackBerry for its specs. Thats what you don't get. If we cared about it we would buy an android.

As for the price: BlackBerry is neither a giant component manufacturer like samsung nor has the scale of production like Apple, so please forgive them for not being able to price it according to your wisdom.

Get out from under your bridge and maybe you will see the light.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    09-19-13 11:47 AM

Done with you.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    09-19-13 11:49 AM
    The Z10 has no PPI issues. This thread is not about the Z10 screen. Let's not derail. I'm simply stating a fact. Perhaps you should stay up to date on these things a bit more.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    Why? I don't have time to keep up with every device that comes along.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:52 AM
    Upscaled 720p is referred to in the industry as 1080i. And for the record, all basic television stations broadcasting in HD are actually only broadcasting in 720p. So those people, including myself, with 1080p TV's are still only getting a 720p signal.

Those are just the facts.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    1080i is interlaced. Not upscaled 720 progressive.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and iN8ter like this.
    09-19-13 11:53 AM
    Where did you get all this completely wrong information, seriously?
    Amazingly, almost EVERYTHING is wrong in your post.

"almost everybody airs in 1080i60 format."
    Your words, not mine.

09-19-13 04:15 PM
    It's not about how great the screen actually is, I agree that for a mobile device such as a tablet and certainly a phone, 720p is plenty.

But the importance of the 1080p res is about creating buzz, something that BlackBerry has failed at miserably.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-19-13 04:30 PM
    You've got to take into respect the build materials as well as the components. Z30 has steel chassis and glass weave whilst the Galaxy handsets are predominantly made of plastic.

Plus I've experienced the Z30 and thought the screen looked fantastic.
    09-19-13 04:49 PM
    Your words, not mine.

And they are perfectly true, yes:

"in fact in the US, with the exception of specialty channels (like sports where, due to its nature, progressive format suits the content much better, see ESPN, FOX-channels, Disney) almost everybody airs in 1080i60 format."

Your point is...?
    09-20-13 11:49 AM
    You've got to take into respect the build materials as well as the components. Z30 has steel chassis and glass weave whilst the Galaxy handsets are predominantly made of plastic.

Plus I've experienced the Z30 and thought the screen looked fantastic.
    I'm not disagreeing with you but the HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z1 are a prime example of packing in specs into beautiful hardware with premium materials.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:12 PM
    I'm not disagreeing with you but the HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z1 are a prime example of packing in specs into beautiful hardware with premium materials.

Posted via CB10
    But they are also expensive phones. If blackberry makes an expensive phone and then sells it at an expensive price everybody complains that the price should be lower.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-21-13 10:34 AM
    But they are also expensive phones. If blackberry makes an expensive phone and then sells it at an expensive price everybody complains that the price should be lower.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    No, we complain because BB makes a nice phone with mid-tier HW aaand a great but work-in-progress OS but sells it an expensive price.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    DS1331 and Donvald like this.
    09-21-13 01:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    And how well is HTC doing these days? They're in worst shape than BlackBerry. Sony? Their mobile isn't doing too hot either. The overkill on hardware costs a lot of money.

Posted via CB10 on the lovely Q10!
    09-21-13 10:41 PM
    There is such a thing as overkill and 1080 would have been that.

Higher res means resources. So both performance and battery suffer.

720 is what is on most 7 inch tablets now so I just don't think we need anything higher.

Posted via CB10
    I'd rather improve battery performance, which is happening over time, that hold back on screen resolution.

Having a 1080p screen is not hurting Samsung, Sony, HTC, or LG. And by not staying on par with what competitors are offering, BlackBerry's "flagship" device launches in an inferior position.

In a side by side, the difference will be clear.

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:35 AM
    I wouldve liked to see 1080p...but people cant be mad when BB told people devices this year would have 720p displays. They kept their word lol
    No one is mad at BlackBerry. They'll just buy a Galaxy after they do a side by side. That is all.

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:38 AM
    Why? I don't have time to keep up with every device that comes along.

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to personally. But manufacturers do need to keep pace with the rapidly changing tech world that we live in.

Think about how rapidly the PC market advanced in the 90's & '00's. Every year, larger hard drives & faster processors were introduced. A PC manufacturer selling a machine with a 1GB hard drive and 512K of memory while others are selling machines with 2GB of memory & 1TB hard drives would go under fast. The mobile market is the same.

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:49 AM
    Specs are the only thing Andriod makers have against the others.

You mention the PC market. Might I remind you that Apple stayed in business for a while selling what was perceived as lower specs, but they offered something the Compaq and Gateway could not: a different OS.

BlackBerry has BB10, something HTC does not.

No, they can't fall way behind in specs but neither do they have to lead the way with the top specs. They need to make a quality overall product.

That is what Apple is doing and they are quite successful.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:16 PM
    And how well is HTC doing these days? They're in worst shape than BlackBerry. Sony? Their mobile isn't doing too hot either. The overkill on hardware costs a lot of money.

Posted via CB10 on the lovely Q10!
    Huh? Where did you get all this nonsense? Sony is actually in great shape, profitable and actually already overtook Blackberry in Europe.

I don't know that much about HTC but as far as I heard along with employing a lot of scumbag marketing people - not too surprisingly all those rats jumped ship in Spring, of course - they made one huge and very expensive mistake in taking up Facebook's utterly idiotic phone idea... it's a culmination of mgmt mistakes mostly.
    09-23-13 08:24 AM
    Specs are the only thing Andriod makers have against the others.

You mention the PC market. Might I remind you that Apple stayed in business for a while selling what was perceived as lower specs, but they offered something the Compaq and Gateway could not: a different OS.

BlackBerry has BB10, something HTC does not.

No, they can't fall way behind in specs but neither do they have to lead the way with the top specs. They need to make a quality overall product.
    This is exactly the kind of utterly clueless, idiotic crap that drove BB to the ground.

That is what Apple is doing and they are quite successful.

Posted via CB10
    I for one am glad for the 720p screen-picard_facepalm_bright.jpg
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-23-13 08:27 AM
96 ... 234