Can't wait to get one and get my organization back. I also really liked timeshift. Looking into the edge early upgrade on Verizon although it seems that will stop my Craigslist trading habit

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-15-14 11:23 PM
    I came from a q10 to the z30 honestly on a whim. I saw BlackBerry had release the phone and I bought one off contract from vzw the week they started selling them (unlimited data, and the fact I'm constantly updating my phone). When I opened the box that was the first time I had ever seen a z30 in real life, and I was shocked at how big the screen looked. I thought to myself "there's no way I'm going to ever like this size phone." fast forward 10 minuets later and I was in love with the screen size, the functionality of the device, and just everything about it.

Anyways what I'm saying is now I don't think I could go back to something even as small as say an iPhone 5s on a permanent basis. The extra real estate is just awesome and honestly it fits in my pocket as well if not better than any other phone. I still use my q10 as my second work line (I own a golf instruction business) it sits in my laptop bag most days and I only pick it up if I have a call come in on it, and maybe to write an email or two if I'm multitasking and doing something else on my z30.

I guess what my point is, is to give the z30 a try it's a great device. Best phone I've ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:27 PM
    How about when carrying around in a front pocket? It seems to me that might be uncomfortable with the z30. Opinions?

Z10
    Carry my S4 in a front pocket all the time, but I don't wear tight clothing, so it isn't an issue.
    02-16-14 01:21 AM
    The size of the z30 is not for everyone. You should really try it in store and see if it's too big for your hands.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 03:40 AM
    Carry my S4 in a front pocket all the time, but I don't wear tight clothing, so it isn't an issue.
    Yea I don't wear tight clothing either. I just carry my phone in my front pants pockets because I'm afraid to sit on it if it's in a back pocket.

Z10
    02-16-14 06:14 AM
    I'm still on the fence about the size myself. I love it when I'm at home browsing, emailing, sending bbms. The screen size is amazing for that. When I'm out and about during the work week, it can get a tad annoying lugging around a phone this size in the pocket. I was used to a 4S which was nice and easy to slip in and out of the pocket.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 06:40 AM
    Hahaha....I had to laugh, OP, because I am switching back to my Z10 for a while as I type this. I love my Z30, but I'm finding a hard time finding the right sized pocket for it when I go out.

My plan is to use the Z30 during the week for work, etc... and switch to the Z10 on the weekends, when I just want the convenience of the smaller size.

Both units are great, and I keep my Z10 as a backup at all times.
    02-16-14 07:17 AM
    I can't go back to a smaller phone, it pains me each time I have to sideload something on my wife's Z10.
    I thought that the Z30 was big at the beginning but not anymore, perfect size, loving it.

Posted via CB10
    With 10.2.1 i haven't had to sideload at all.

Z30 on leaked 10.2.1.2102
    02-16-14 07:58 AM
    Not to be rude, but have you put the Z30 next to a bona-fide phablet?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:13 PM
    I agree almost identical to the s4 in terms of size

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 03:03 PM
    As a female, I have tiny hands. I stopped trying to fit smart phones in my pocket in 2008 - I was forced to start carrying bags (Tomboy tendencies out the window. Bleh).
    I adapted to the Z30 quite fast, I love its features so size is not exactly a huge factor to me anymore... and I'm not saying size does not matter.

Posted via CB10 on Z30

Haha, 5" isn't big to most women ;P
    02-16-14 03:11 PM
    You would adapt to it surprisingly quick! First thought from me was similar, but I LOVE this thing! Owned it since the first day Verizon offered it and couldn't see me going back to something smaller...
    02-16-14 07:49 PM
    . So compared to that, everything is small. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Well..except maybe the Mega

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    02-16-14 07:55 PM
    Played with a Z30 at the Telus store when it came out. Liked the feel if it even though it's a bit big for my small hands. Decided to hold off for a BB10 phablet. I know it's bigger but been admiring the Note 3 from afar. Pretty happy with my Z10, but hoping for that phablet.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:46 PM
    Well..except maybe the Mega

Holy crap, that thing is HUGE! The HTC One has a Mega version as well...almost like holding a PlayBook up to your face! lol

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:56 PM
    I've hot mine in a leather flip case and when it's closed in doesn't seem so big and then bam! There's a huge screen underneath!
    Seriously though, it fits in my front pocket in my fairly skinny jeans no problem! I also suggest the OP just take the plunge, having 2 BlackBerrys is the bees knees

Flicked on my Z30 or crushed on my Q5!
    02-16-14 11:00 PM
    That's exactly what I said when I saw the Mega. :-D

Holy crap, that thing is HUGE! The HTC One has a Mega version as well...almost like holding a PlayBook up to your face! lol

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:11 PM
    That being said, which pocket are you asking about? Front shirt, jacket, pants? As much as I love the Z30 and don't consider it too large to be practical, it would seem to me to be a little large for a front pocket carry, but some do it.
    I usually carry my phone in front shirt pocket, as it is most accessible and easy to hear the alert (and dropped many time including a bath tub whenever I bent over :-). I reached a conclusion that the "mobile" or "portable" phone, be it a dumb or smart, should ideally be a palm sized (4"-ish? well, it was not too long ago when the flagship BB was a 9700/9780 after all :-).
    I can see the rationalization of the phablet size phone, but I am now convinced that it is a compromise. People appreciate the size for larger display mostly for contents, but when I need a larger display, I tend to skip the phone and reach out for my iPad (or laptop, depending on the situation and where I happened to be). Fiddling with smartphones, be it Z10 or Z30 size, pinching and zooming, should not be the way to accomplish your purpose, except in a real pinch.
    For that reason as well, I am now carrying a 9900 mostly for a narrowed down communication purpose, and delegate the rest of the work to a tablet or laptop, even skipping my iPhone 5s that I used to carry on side.
    02-17-14 10:16 AM
    I usually carry my phone in front shirt pocket, as it is most accessible and easy to hear the alert (and dropped many time including a bath tub whenever I bent over :-). I reached a conclusion that the "mobile" or "portable" phone, be it a dumb or smart, should ideally be a palm sized (4"-ish? well, it was not too long ago when the flagship BB was a 9700/9780 after all :-).
    I can see the rationalization of the phablet size phone, but I am now convinced that it is a compromise. People appreciate the size for larger display mostly for contents, but when I need a larger display, I tend to skip the phone and reach out for my iPad (or laptop, depending on the situation and where I happened to be). Fiddling with smartphones, be it Z10 or Z30 size, pinching and zooming, should not be the way to accomplish your purpose, except in a real pinch.
    For that reason as well, I am now carrying a 9900 mostly for a narrowed down communication purpose, and delegate the rest of the work to a tablet or laptop, even skipping my iPhone 5s that I used to carry on side.
    This is exactly why I thought BlackBerry had a good idea with the PlayBook and the ability to Bridge with BlackBerry phones. Perfectly sized phones with the ability to pair up nicely with a medium sized tablet to accomplish most of the things one would need a bigger screen for, but not so big as to be a hassle to carry around. It's too bad they couldn't realize the potential, and then they just quit on the idea.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:16 PM
    Realistically, it is something one adapts to very quickly. I remember when I thought a 4.3" screen was almost too much, and now I love having a 5" screen to play on. Don't discount the 'intimidating' factor out of hand, you might be selling yourself short.
    I went from Z10 to Z30 and within a week I was adapted to the size and now can't imagine going back! Is the perfect size for a phone and pocket computer.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:25 PM
    I went from Z10 to Z30 and within a week I was adapted to the size and now can't imagine going back! Is the perfect size for a phone and pocket computer.

Posted via CB10
    I still have my z10 I gave it to my son...went to dl the leak for him the other day and the phone felt a little small now

CDM76 likes this.
    02-17-14 12:35 PM
    This is exactly why I thought BlackBerry had a good idea with the PlayBook and the ability to Bridge with BlackBerry phones. Perfectly sized phones with the ability to pair up nicely with a medium sized tablet to accomplish most of the things one would need a bigger screen for, but not so big as to be a hassle to carry around. It's too bad they couldn't realize the potential, and then they just quit on the idea.
    I totally (repeat, totally) agree. I believe the demise of the PB or the lack of "PB 2.0" was one of the strong reasons of the hampered sales of the BB10 devices, even though it can be paired with any other tablet by tethering it. But I realize that BB device could bridge the PB with no additional cost. The whole Thorsten strategies failed, LOL. I am pretty much convinced that trying to do "everything" on a small screen of smartphone, big or small, pinching & zooming, slipping & sliding, scrolling up & down, left to right, is ridiculous and a real struggle. Small should stay small (and highly functional for core usage), and large should be used as large to do what it's designed for, with no in-between compromise. Once I realized this, and use my mobile devices as such, it's been working fabulously with no inconvenience. And my iPad Mini is almost becoming a permanent fixture in my car, saving my lazy axx :-).
    02-17-14 12:38 PM
    Yep, perfect phone, perfect size..

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:40 PM
    Its only a 5inch phone. My Z10 compares to my friends 5inch phone makes my phone looks tiny. Im a bit a jealous now. Im dying to get my hands on the Z30!
    02-17-14 01:29 PM
    My wife used to make fun of me way back when the original galaxy note was released. That thing is even bigger than the current Gnote. Said I looked like an ***** with that thing. Our toddler finally broke her trusty bold 9700 and I forced her to use my note until I got her a new phone. After a week with it she wouldn't give it back.
    02-17-14 01:51 PM
51 123