Says.who? A guy like you on a forum, with no clue except recycled rumors on blogs, all stemming from single forum posts?
    Pleahhse.

It's almost confirmed that BB is floating at least 2-3 different designs among testers - it's rather logical too.
    Also Kris even posted some spec sheet excerpts showing 1080 screens... I take him just as "authentic" as any.l of your beloved "data" (sic!) - they are both nothing more than unconfirmed, unsubstantiated rumors and speculations.

But it's just you, really. There's no "data" except some stuff you can found in some leaked dev bersion of 10.2, which tells you nothing (you really think they.wouldn't compile individual versions for that handful of 1080 devices if they wanted to hold them back from public eyes?) - it's time to stop dreaming and face reality: you don't know jack either, you are not "in the know", still anything can happen.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    OK, let's slow down here. First of all, nothing I said was from "recycled rumours on blogs". It was all from OS digging that I did myself (and which many other people have done as well). Now, you are fully correct that BlackBerry could decide to include (or not include) anything on these 10.2 leaks to suit their interests. So yes, they could hide some great device from us, absolutely. With that being said, what is the likelihood of that? All indications right now are that they do not use "separate" versions of the OS for different devices, which is why all the device info for the upcoming series is on the same OS. Could BB be putting that info there on purpose, knowing it will leak (or leaking it themselves) in order to create hype, as a marketing tactic, etc? Sure. But more likely than that, those are actually the devices in development. None of them are 1080p. I refer you to this thread for the full details from the data: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-names-828586/

Business plans change all the time. But devices aren't developed out of thin air, and displays do not get switched on an already-developed device 1-2 months before launch. So you'll need to live with the fact that the Z30 is 720p, and for the foreseeable future, that is how all BB10 devices will be.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    08-24-13 01:13 PM
    Check if they keep the limit of apps in one folder, hopefully this limit is gone.
    The reason there's a limit is more of a UI consideration than anything technical. If you have more icons in a folder than will fit on one screen, how do you handle the overflow? Yes, it can be scrollable, but then a folder will behave differently than the main screen, which would be inconsistent.

I think my own hope long-term is that they find a satisfactory way to manage user-definable groups/pages. We'll see how that plays out...
    08-24-13 01:26 PM
    Backing is like Q10. Screen looks nicer IMHO. Aesthetically higher end looking overall
    Thank you. I'm really thinking about getting one. I love the look of it, and already love my Z10 and Q10.. the Z30 looks like the King. I especially like that the back looks and as you said, feels like the back of the Q10.

You're lucky you got to see one so early, while the rest of us have to wait, and those of us in the U.S. probably have to wait even longer.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:29 PM
    Yeah, just like BB10 will be out in 2011 or that PB will be upgraded to BB10...

...please, stop with the clueless debate already.

Until BB says otherwise than we have to take what they say as fact, even if you don't feel like believing it.
    08-24-13 02:31 PM
    Agreed, no big deal

Posted from my amazing Z10
    08-24-13 02:33 PM
    Says.who? A guy like you on a forum, with no clue except recycled rumors on blogs, all stemming from single forum posts?
    Pleahhse.

It's almost confirmed that BB is floating at least 2-3 different designs among testers - it's rather logical too.
    Also Kris even posted some spec sheet excerpts showing 1080 screens... I take him just as "authentic" as any.l of your beloved "data" (sic!) - they are both nothing more than unconfirmed, unsubstantiated rumors and speculations.

But it's just you, really. There's no "data" except some stuff you can found in some leaked dev bersion of 10.2, which tells you nothing (you really think they.wouldn't compile individual versions for that handful of 1080 devices if they wanted to hold them back from public eyes?) - it's time to stop dreaming and face reality: you don't know jack either, you are not "in the know", still anything can happen.

dude!!! you are telling dave he's clueless but you are obviously the most clueless among us... just relax and dont get your hopes too high about that 1080 p screen because MOST LIKELY, it wont happen.
    08-24-13 04:47 PM
    I "may" get to play around with a A series / Z30 on Tuesday. Any requests? Anything I should look for?

Posted via CB10
    Well, that was pretty nonchalant... I'll ask the obvious, can you take a picture?
    08-24-13 05:21 PM
    Who really cares about bench-marking? It doesn't mean anything REAL WORLD. Even in the Android space bench-marking means nothing for the actual capabilities of the phone. The Moto X is proving that.

What value does a 1080p screen really bring to the BB experience? What it does do is eat more battery for 1% of people who watch MKV files on their phone. Again, even in the Android world most apps are not 1080p optimized, and in daily usage most prefer 720p.

For me what is important:
    - a quality device with ALL DAY (read 24 REAL hours) medium usage.
    - Jelly Bean Kernel capable, and running those apps fluidly.
    - Upgrading the BB App Store to show ports better (yes, I'm aware of the BB icon / made for BB) but they are to hard to find.
    - Continuous upgrades to the OS. Quarterly patches to fix small issues and add more value. BB has gone the route of Windows Phone by telling the developers that the phones will all have the same specs - this should allow for quality upgrades.

Seems pretty simple to me.. I'm sure I'm missing some important things, but those are some of my hopes.
    08-24-13 05:53 PM
    How do you? Has BlackBerry officially disclosed the spec or anything about the purported phone? Just curious...

It really won't be much different than the Z10 just bigger and running an updated OS code. Spec wise pretty much the same.
    08-24-13 09:42 PM
    Lol!! Since you are absolutely sure that "Z30 is 720p", would you bet your house on it?

OK, let's slow down here. First of all, nothing I said was from "recycled rumours on blogs". It was all from OS digging that I did myself (and which many other people have done as well). Now, you are fully correct that BlackBerry could decide to include (or not include) anything on these 10.2 leaks to suit their interests. So yes, they could hide some great device from us, absolutely. With that being said, what is the likelihood of that? All indications right now are that they do not use "separate" versions of the OS for different devices, which is why all the device info for the upcoming series is on the same OS. Could BB be putting that info there on purpose, knowing it will leak (or leaking it themselves) in order to create hype, as a marketing tactic, etc? Sure. But more likely than that, those are actually the devices in development. None of them are 1080p. I refer you to this thread for the full details from the data: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-names-828586/

Business plans change all the time. But devices aren't developed out of thin air, and displays do not get switched on an already-developed device 1-2 months before launch. So you'll need to live with the fact that the Z30 is 720p, and for the foreseeable future, that is how all BB10 devices will be.
    08-24-13 10:13 PM
    Lol!! Since you are absolutely sure that "Z30 is 720p", would you bet your house on it?
    Let me bookmark your post and we can come back to it in about 3 weeks.
    08-24-13 11:33 PM
    I "may" get to play around with a A series / Z30 on Tuesday. Any requests? Anything I should look for? Posted via CB10
    DO the back gesture that was used for androids tell me what it brings up.If it does what Im predicting thats a huge paradigm shift.
    08-25-13 08:31 AM

dude!!! you are telling dave he's clueless but you are obviously the most clueless among us... just relax and dont get your hopes too high about that 1080 p screen because MOST LIKELY, it wont happen.
    Who really cares about bench-marking? It doesn't mean anything REAL WORLD. Even in the Android space bench-marking means nothing for the actual capabilities of the phone. The Moto X is proving that.

What value does a 1080p screen really bring to the BB experience? What it does do is eat more battery for 1% of people who watch MKV files on their phone. Again, even in the Android world most apps are not 1080p optimized, and in daily usage most prefer 720p.

For me what is important:
    - a quality device with ALL DAY (read 24 REAL hours) medium usage.
    - Jelly Bean Kernel capable, and running those apps fluidly.
    - Upgrading the BB App Store to show ports better (yes, I'm aware of the BB icon / made for BB) but they are to hard to find.
    - Continuous upgrades to the OS. Quarterly patches to fix small issues and add more value. BB has gone the route of Windows Phone by telling the developers that the phones will all have the same specs - this should allow for quality upgrades.

Seems pretty simple to me.. I'm sure I'm missing some important things, but those are some of my hopes.
    This is the kind of inane crap that makes a turnaround almost impossible for BB: its fans are more clueless than its incompetent mgmt and loud enough to make them think their almost 2-y old platform is good enough for the market - we've seen the results (and this is the crap also that makes me to stop coming here, the level of ignorance about even basic things eg 720 vs 1080 on 5" screen etc.)

With fans like you BB is doomed, obviously. Too bad...

...Xperia Z Ultra, here I come.

08-25-13 09:25 AM
    @szlevi hmm.. lol I would welcome a 1080p BlackBerry phone. But all indications say it's not coming this year. Why is it so difficult for you to understand...

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-25-13 10:25 AM
    There's no point discussing this with you. Since you don't have a single clue about how things work in software development.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, we only build fairly complex mobile and desktop applications at work for iOS and Android as well as Windows eg surgical simulator etc - compared to that your "proven knowledge" of the subject is clearly... what's the word I'm looking for... 'entertaining'?
    08-25-13 11:15 AM
    @szlevi hmm.. lol I would welcome a 1080p BlackBerry phone. But all indications say it's not coming this year. Why is it so difficult for you to understand...

Posted via CB10
    WHy is it difficult to understand that it is you who keep spreading your assumptions as facts?

Stop spreading your nonsense, that's all I'm saying for days now.
    08-25-13 11:17 AM
    WHy is it difficult to understand that it is you who keep spreading your assumptions as facts?

Well educated assumptions backed up with facts. You haven't provided anything that says otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 11:22 AM
    That's awesome. Hmmm, I guess if you can just do a "feel" comparison between the Q10 and the Z30. More specifically, because of the size difference, if one feels more natural in the hand than the other. I'm 99% set on the Q10 but I'd like to know how the Z30 feels. Thanks a lot.
    I use a DevQ, and I got to use a Z30 a few weeks ago actually, they feel very different, but both a very comfortable. It is heavier, feels more robust, and looks dressed up!
    08-25-13 12:09 PM
    Well educated assumptions backed up with facts. You haven't provided anything that says otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    That's the point, pal: THERE ARE NONE.

I openly claim so while you and your similarly clueless buddies keep posting your BS claims as backed by "data" which is clearly nonsense.
    08-25-13 12:09 PM
    Iphone don't use even 720p and nobody complains about that?

Nothing wrong with 720p

BlackBerry World - Photorate
    Can we get an icon for "Oh NOES, ANOTHER post with some worthless comparison to the iPhone"...?

Something like this:

I may get to play with the Z30 Tuesday-n36407504_31735415_1766.jpg
    jose_trevizo likes this.
    08-25-13 12:12 PM
    I already played with one two weeks ago. Nothing special. Bigger. And with a touch of SGS 3/4 design.
    Really? I did not feel any resemblance at all between the Z30 and the Galaxy S 3/4 when I used it a few weeks ago.
    08-25-13 12:12 PM

Do you have any facts that indicate it will be a 1080 device?
    08-25-13 12:41 PM
    Do you have any facts that indicate it will be a 1080 device?
    probably not but that is not what this user was saying and peopel jumped down his throat. he was tryign to say BBRY could have changed the specs for the device and still not built in the coding for 1080p into the leaked versions of the OS and the SDKs yet. the Z30 is still in testing while BB10.2 is gold and near ready to be pushed out for the Z10 and Q series.

hes saying peopel are makign assumptions that based on claims a year ago that BBRY is only using 720p, which from a business standpoint is pretty stupid as their competition is now pushing 1080p as a new standard, so it makes no sense for them not even to consider a change so they can regain some market share in the consumer end.

i get what the user is saying and i hope BBRY reconsiders, based on what leaked images we've seen of the hub and 5 row icons i'm thinking 1080p as it is alot easier to scale up the app loader for apps then it is to have every developer resize their icons for each different device on the BB10 portfolio
    szlevi likes this.
    08-25-13 04:41 PM
    What about a drop test? Find out if it's durable enough to use without a case.
    If you are going to do a drop test, may as well perform a hammer test. Yes with a hammer.

Post via CB Z10
    08-25-13 05:20 PM
    Can you find out if it's waterproof? Leave it in water for 5 minutes and then try making a phone call or watch a vid or something
    Try to put it in a plastic bag before you leave it in the water...oh I don't know just a suggestion...

Post via CB Z10
    08-25-13 05:25 PM
170 12345 ...