The most hilarious part of this is the Z30 a 1080 or 720 device is that those who have seen/used the device can't even visually tell what resolution it happens to be.

I mean spec wars aside, that fact in and of itself should tell you how important it really is to have a 1080p screen.
    axllebeer and ibpluto like this.
    08-25-13 11:23 PM
    The most hilarious part of this is the Z30 a 1080 or 720 device is that those who have seen/used the device can't even visually tell what resolution it happens to be.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by szlevi; 08-26-13 at 12:00 PM.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    08-25-13 11:44 PM

I mean spec wars aside, that fact in and of itself should tell you how important it really is to have a 1080p screen.
    in some way it is important to have this, the Android vendors have made the smartphone market a numbers race, so on a consumer level higher numbers matter weather you can tell the difference or not, especially when BlackBerry has been criticized for not evolving and using outdated hardware. they do need to prove that they can compete on a hardware level even though most of us fans already know they can keep up on a perfomance level. currently there is a trend starting about Apple and the iPhone starting to fall behind, my cousin just bought an SGS4 and researched all the phones, all looking at hardware where he says that Apple is falling behind. so like i said the Android vendors have turned the smartphone market into a spec war so it IS important to push out specs that can compete, even if they are dated chips, its still important to keep up a high number front, so even if they use the chipset from a nexus 4 and clock it at 1.7GHz they can save some face sayign its a 1.7GHz quadcore showing the same numbers as the HTC One even though the HTC one uses a snapdragon 600 and still poses as a superior CPU. perception is key and bigger numbers are an illusion of performance

i do like the Z30 but if it is still a dual core on release i'm going to stick with my Z10, i'm happy with it so for the extra bit of power and screen size i'm just not going to bother upgrading unless it has a quadcore or the specs are alot better then what the Z10 has.
    08-26-13 12:12 AM
    please test if the cam can focus faster and take precised pictres.
    The current cam takes too long to find focus
    Bor Navas likes this.
    08-26-13 12:31 AM
    "Jeez, not this..."

Yeah, I'm tired of these posts trying to suggest BlackBerry won't tell people that their device is 1080p. I mean, whoopy doopy doo, they need every hype they can get and yet they don't tell anyone? Like, maybe game developers? You know, there's this rumor that you can input PIN backwards to call the cops and the banks never told you!

Oh wait, that was bull****, so are your claims.

Unlike you, who SPECULATE that Z30 MAYBE has a 1080, others can tell it's 720 because BlackBerry explicitly tell developers they'll have 720p for the time being, Z10 being the exception at 768.

Claiming that Z30 MAY have a 1080 is like claiming that tomorrow, Obama MAY finally reveal he's an alien from Andromeda all along. It MAY happen and nobody can tell, stranger sh!+s have happened such as Hitler ruining a perfectly good mustache style, but everyone can see the idiocy in that theory.

You'll have a better chance convincing Russians that America didn't land on the moon, and the Russians really believe America did land on the moon.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    blackmoe and Thunderbuck like this.
    08-26-13 11:02 AM
    Yeah, I'm tired of these posts trying to suggest BlackBerry won't tell people that their device is 1080p. I mean, whoopy doopy doo, they need every hype they can get and yet they don't tell anyone? Like, maybe game developers? You know, there's this rumor that you can input PIN backwards to call the cops and the banks never told you!

Oh wait, that was bull****, so are your claims.

Unlike you, who SPECULATE that Z30 MAYBE has a 1080, others can tell it's 720 because BlackBerry explicitly tell developers they'll have 720p for the time being, Z10 being the exception at 768.

Claiming that Z30 MAY have a 1080 is like claiming that tomorrow, Obama MAY finally reveal he's an alien from Andromeda all along. It MAY happen and nobody can tell, stranger sh!+s have happened such as Hitler ruining a perfectly good mustache style, but everyone can see the idiocy in that theory.

You'll have a better chance convincing Russians that America didn't land on the moon, and the Russians really believe America did land on the moon.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    SN ratio is getting very high, clowns are running wild... it's Monday, perhaps?
    08-26-13 12:01 PM
    Run the 0.91 benchmark, Z10 does fine on that. I get about 1300-1400 on 10.2 for the Z10. I would love to see the Z30 around the 900 mark. Lower scores are better on that one.
    Z30's getting getting around 1030-1060
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    08-26-13 12:38 PM
    SN ratio is getting very high, clowns are running wild... it's Monday, perhaps?
    It is, and it's still looking to remain 720p

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:54 PM
    I love the notion that because it can't be proven RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND that the Z30 will be 1080p, that it absolutely MUST mean it will definitely be 720p. That's not how debates and logical arguments work.

I've seen a lot of speculation on both sides, so I'm not going to jump on one train or the other at this point. I'm going to do what every reasonable person should do and WAIT for an official statement from BlackBerry on it. This kind of crazy speculation and arguing definitely contributes to something failing before it even has the chance to succeed.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    szlevi likes this.
    08-26-13 03:41 PM
    Try it out in direct sunlight. I want to know if the touchscreen works as it should and not like the 99xx. Missing touches in sunlight and such.
    08-27-13 01:18 AM
    I love the notion that because it can't be proven RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND that the Z30 will be 1080p, that it absolutely MUST mean it will definitely be 720p. That's not how debates and logical arguments work.

I've seen a lot of speculation on both sides, so I'm not going to jump on one train or the other at this point. I'm going to do what every reasonable person should do and WAIT for an official statement from BlackBerry on it. This kind of crazy speculation and arguing definitely contributes to something failing before it even has the chance to succeed.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    This is not debating the CPU, this is debating the screen resolution. Unlike the CPU, which BlackBerry have never told anything to anyone about, BlackBerry has explicitly stated their stance in screen resolution: "720p until we tell you otherwise".

Because if they indeed plan on going 1080p, they will most certainly tell developers right when they released the 10.2 SDK Gold, the same way they tell devs about Q10's 720x720 resolution while the only BlackBerry 10 device around was Z10 at 1280x768.

And yes, that's not how debates work. In debates, you present facts to back up your claims. Ironically, the ones dissing the 720p claimants have never presented any

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Bla1ze, blackmoe and scrapmetal58 like this.
    08-27-13 02:14 AM
    Z30's getting getting around 1030-1060
    That is a significant improvement over the Z10 which is excellent. Thank you

As for resolution, it would be WAY too late for BlackBerry to change their mind now. I think we will see 720p based on all available evidence. Disappointing, but a virtual certainty since the SDK went gold with no mention of 1080p, there have been no announcements recently, and all other devices are 720 wide (sans Z10) with only the height changing.

That being said let us end this silly debate and get back on topic. Too many people degrading their discussion into petty insults.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and revtech like this.
    08-27-13 04:59 AM
    Really? That's about what HTC One gets, and that phone is six months old. iPhone5 is almost a year old and scores in the 910's.

The screen isn't going to be the biggest problem in selling the Z30, the CPU is also a little behind the curve. Oh well, we'll know for sure when we get closer to release. And what they'll want to charge for it...
    08-27-13 05:37 AM
    Really? That's about what HTC One gets, and that phone is six months old. iPhone5 is almost a year old and scores in the 910's.

The screen isn't going to be the biggest problem in selling the Z30, the CPU is also a little behind the curve. Oh well, we'll know for sure when we get closer to release. And what they'll want to charge for it...
    While I agree with you (thus my comment about the 900 mark) reducing the time to process from 1300 to 1000 on non released software (and an early build at that) is very good progress and now puts it in the realm of the iPhone. Prior there was a significant and noticeable difference between the two. We may very well see it fall further with future builds of the OS.

Overall the device is much faster than the Z or Q devices, and hopefully it continues to improve.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:53 AM
    reducing the time to process from 1300 to 1000 on non released software (and an early build at that) is very good progress and now puts it in the realm of the iPhone. Prior there was a significant and noticeable difference between the two. We may very well see it fall further with future builds of the OS.

Overall the device is much faster than the Z or Q devices, and hopefully it continues to improve.
    +1
    Pre-release hardware for the Z30 came out much earlier than I recall for any previous devices (with a very early OS build).

That said, no question we'll see updates to the OS (leaks have already by way higher) and perhaps minor hardware tweaks (really hope they do something about the removable back cover which doesn't sit flush on the side that covers the sim/sd slots), but I wouldn't hold my breath for any major updates (such as screen resolution). I've never come across large modifications from certification pre-release hardware to final production builds.
    08-27-13 09:02 AM
    This is not debating the CPU, this is debating the screen resolution. Unlike the CPU, which BlackBerry have never told anything to anyone about, BlackBerry has explicitly stated their stance in screen resolution: "720p until we tell you otherwise".

Because if they indeed plan on going 1080p, they will most certainly tell developers right when they released the 10.2 SDK Gold, the same way they tell devs about Q10's 720x720 resolution while the only BlackBerry 10 device around was Z10 at 1280x768.

And yes, that's not how debates work. In debates, you present facts to back up your claims. Ironically, the ones dissing the 720p claimants have never presented any

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Neither did you and your clueless bullies. I have explained the logic behind the upgrade, you guys are simply unable to follow it, apparently.

08-27-13 10:12 AM
    Neither did you and your clueless bullies. I have explained the logic behind the upgrade, you guys are simply unable to follow it, apparently.

If you must know, I feed on troll's success. The more they think they have successfully trolled their victim, the better I feel, because I know I'm the one winning the mindf**k

There is no logic. Only facts. Cold, hard facts.

http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...ces/index.html

Straight from the proverbial fruit's mouth:
    Note that the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, the first all-touch device that runs BlackBerry 10, uses a resolution of 768 x 1280, which is slightly different than the resolution that future all-touch devices will use (720 x 1280). Keep this in mind as you initially develop your apps, but for your future development, design your apps with the 720 x 720 and 720 x 1280 resolutions in mind.

See the bolded part? The one that reads "future all-touch devices"? Gee, I wonder if Z30 is all-touch? And if it's here yet? Oh wait...

The most mind-blowing part (for you 1080p ev-human-ists) is the fact that it uses plural in referring to "all-touch devices", which means there will be at least 2 all-touch devices that sport 720p, maybe Z20, or maybe Z5, or Z40, I dunno.

I'll go on topic this time: OP, can you try to operate the device with one hand only? Typing, browsing, stuff like that? I wanna know how it feels, because they said Z10's dimensions were already the largest they can go for comfortable one-hand operation

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Dave Bourque and blackmoe like this.
    08-27-13 12:33 PM
    OK, so it's Tuesday now...

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    08-27-13 02:24 PM
    Hi Everyone, I will not get a chance to use the Z30 today but I am hoping to check it out Thursday evening. Things came up on my end that I will not be present where the Z30 was going to be tonight.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 03:24 PM
    Would you please see if there are any changes on music app?
    08-27-13 04:11 PM
    What a tease !
    08-27-13 04:16 PM
    Would you please see if there are any changes on music app?
    What changes are you looking to find out?

I can address anyone's questions.
    08-27-13 04:32 PM
    What changes are you looking to find out?

I can address anyone's questions.
    Well I would love to know if there are intelligent song lists, like used to be on OS7 .. I can imagine this come with OS updates, but no harm to ask

Thanks
    08-27-13 04:43 PM
    If you must know, I feed on troll's success. The more they think they have successfully trolled their victim, the better I feel, because I know I'm the one winning the mindf**k

There is no logic. Only facts. Cold, hard facts.
    As I said there are no solid facts when it comes to BlackBerry and yet-to-be-released/future/unannounced things, any sane person have learned it years ago.

Device characteristics - BlackBerry Native

Straight from the proverbial fruit's mouth:
    Note that the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, the first all-touch device that runs BlackBerry 10, uses a resolution of 768 x 1280, which is slightly different than the resolution that future all-touch devices will use (720 x 1280). Keep this in mind as you initially develop your apps, but for your future development, design your apps with the 720 x 720 and 720 x 1280 resolutions in mind.

See the bolded part? The one that reads "future all-touch devices"? Gee, I wonder if Z30 is all-touch? And if it's here yet? Oh wait...
    You mean it's the same like this?

"We've said publicly a number of times that our first BB10 handset will be available towards the end of 2012, and that's still firmly the case," Rob Orr, RIM's VP of product management told us.

Or like that one?

"At some point after the launch we'll bring BB10 to our PlayBooks, yes."

RIM confirms BB10 is coming to BlackBerry Playbook | News | TechRadar

Then later on: BlackBerry PlayBook will definitely be upgraded to BB10 | News | TechRadar

And I can keep going on and on and on...BB is notorious for broken promises - and, for a change, this would be actually A POSITIVE ONE, yes, really, most people, unlike you, would LOVE a higher resolution screen.

The most mind-blowing part (for you 1080p ev-human-ists) is the fact that it uses plural in referring to "all-touch devices", which means there will be at least 2 all-touch devices that sport 720p, maybe Z20, or maybe Z5, or Z40, I dunno.
    Or he's simply referring to anything that does not have a keyboard in general, without any concrete meaning behind using plural...? That's a shocking idea for you, huh, Einstein?

BTW have you seen this post from Kris?
    Last edited by szlevi; 08-27-13 at 06:10 PM.
    08-27-13 05:14 PM
    Hi Everyone, I will not get a chance to use the Z30 today but I am hoping to check it out Thursday evening. Things came up on my end that I will not be present where the Z30 was going to be tonight.
    Open browser and click/type it: What is my screen resolution
    08-27-13 05:17 PM
170 ... 23456 ...