11-18-13 05:56 AM
44 12
tools
    I had the brightness all the way and it was so dim!
    Was ready to get it but now after seeing it, my Z10 is so much brighter and the whites look so white..
    What gives guys, is it a different screen?
    Share your opinions please
    Thank you.
    11-16-13 02:26 PM
    Yes! What gives this is the second time this was posted.
    11-16-13 02:30 PM
    I got the Z30 yesterday. Coming from a Galaxy Note 2. Compared the brightness. Note 2 has far more brightness. If you read some reviews you will see these sorts of comments. I'll be honest, it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The Z30 screen isn't low, it just doesn't get super bright.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:31 PM
    Not true my Z30 is as bright as my Z10. Maybe you looked at a bad unit.

We just did a comparison here and the z30 screen is plenty bright

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:32 PM
    Got my z30 yesterday from VZW. Love everything about it. I have a z10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-16-13 02:40 PM
    I was using a Z30 in A VZW store last evening and found the display plenty bright for me. I wonder if it's the adaptive screen. When my phone or PB is on auto there are times when it's dimmer than I prefer so I disable it. Possible that's what's here?
    11-16-13 02:58 PM
    Everyone do a search on here too. In one of the latest software builds, if not the latest, there is a white balance adjustment for warmer and cooler whites. This does immensely help the overall sharpness of the screen, and does make a difference. This is a software related issue. I am sure in time the brightness may be played with a little too without compromising too much of the battery consumption
    11-16-13 03:05 PM
    I looked at the settings but couldn't find any. the sales person was there and was no help at all. I put my Z10 next to it with the same website and the Z10 was unbelievably bright and I don't even use it at full...
    I was using a Z30 in A VZW store last evening and found the display plenty bright for me. I wonder if it's the adaptive screen. When my phone or PB is on auto there are times when it's dimmer than I prefer so I disable it. Possible that's what's here?
    11-16-13 03:09 PM
    Depending on the O/S that was loaded at time of purchase, and I am not sure how current Verizon is on their software, which may in turn explain why you did not find the white balance slider. It is only in the most current build of software.

Also, yes it is a different screen from the Z10. Screen on the Z30 makes it possible to use the phone longer in between charge times
    11-16-13 03:22 PM
    If they add the white balance slider I'm in See my eye sight is bad with my stigmatism and I need things to be bright
    Depending on the O/S that was loaded at time of purchase, and I am not sure how current Verizon is on their software, which may in turn explain why you did not find the white balance slider. It is only in the most current build of software.

Also, yes it is a different screen from the Z10. Screen on the Z30 makes it possible to use the phone longer in between charge times
    11-16-13 03:31 PM
    Went to Verizon today...handled the new Z30 to see it myself. Bright enough, light enough, probably bigger than I need (footprint), but not bad. Was easy to use and relatively intuitive.

Would have liked to handle it without the clumsy security bracket but they would not take it off. Only demo in the store. STA100-3, so I'm assuming wireless charging capable - anyone know for sure? SA knew as much as the rocks in the parking lot.

Hit the browser and launched my company site, image intensive, all good - seemed to go pretty fast and was not in wireless. One thing weird on screen was the black warning bar 2/3 down about active apps are to the left - annoying and hope there's an easy way to rid the screen of that junk. I'm sure there is, as after a few minutes of toying with the unit I got the bar to vanish.

Overall very impressed. But in all honesty, I'm coming from a 5yr old BB, so nearly everything is a huge move forward.

Anyway, will await word on inventory and likely make the move shortly.

Wonder if the price drop will happen as it did with the Z10....and this thing ends up at $100 - $150 (on plan) in a month.
    11-16-13 03:33 PM
    I turn the brightness down all the way. Perfect.

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    11-16-13 03:34 PM
    Just saw it, loved it

8330--8530--9670--palm pre--palm pixi--HTC evo shift--9850--9930--iphone 4--iphone 5--Z10--HTC One--Galaxy s3--Galaxy s4--Q10
    11-16-13 03:42 PM
    Android and iPhone users want to brag about how bright their screens are, but four hours later they are looking for a battery charge. BlackBerry engineers for efficiency.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-16-13 04:12 PM
    One thing weird on screen was the black warning bar 2/3 down about active apps are to the left - annoying and hope there's an easy way to rid the screen of that junk. I'm sure there is, as after a few minutes of toying with the unit I got the bar to vanish.
    That's just the tutorial for folks who aren't used to the swiping gestures. Runs every time you install an OS. Once you complete it it'll disappear never to be seen again.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-16-13 04:14 PM
    Just came back from Verizon and spent 30 minutes with the Z30 and was totally impressed. None of the sales associates tried to talk me out of it and in fact were impressed that I knew my way around it with no issues. As for brightness? It was set to half way and that was more then enough for my eyes. I cranked it up to the max, and it was equally as good.

The version of the software it was running did not include the white balance adjustment from what I saw, but this was plenty good for me. I can only imagine what it would be like when this feature comes in the next software update. This thing was fast, fluid and the screen actually was one of the best looking screens out of anything in the store, so it is all subjective. The Z30 was sitting right next to the Z10 and the 10 looked washed out and overly bright to me. The Z30 was definitely richer in color and I also did not have any issues with reading text on it.

Final words here? I am SOLD! Will definitely be getting one
    11-16-13 04:46 PM
    I use my Z30 at half the brightness (50%) good enough for me to read outdoors in a sunny day even with my astigmatism
    11-16-13 05:55 PM
    The Z30 is definitely not as bright as the Z10... but you really only notice it when you place them side by side (I have both). I got my Z30 2 weeks ago. You get used to the dimness after awhile. I'm sure it's set low via software to conserve battery. This means that if enough people complain about it an update will make it brighter... so not really a big issue.

Posted via CB10... Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-16-13 05:56 PM
    I just went to VZW to check out the new Z30, but I was dissapointed with the screen-img_00003577.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:14 PM
    Android and iPhone users want to brag about how bright their screens are, but four hours later they are looking for a battery charge. BlackBerry engineers for efficiency.
    Erm, what does the screen hardware have to do with the OS???

If you would at least take the time to read through the thread before trolling and complaining you might notice that the comparison was against a Z10, which, as far as I remember, is made by BlackBerry...

Posted from my Z10/10.2.1.1055.
    11-16-13 09:43 PM
    I went to check out the Zed 30 today. I'm very impressed by the build quality, I just don't know that I want a phone that big. I'm using the Zed 10 now...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:15 PM
    Dim.... you are kidding right? I went to the store and the screen brightness is perfect. What a beautiful well built device.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:13 PM
    Z10 meh

I had it and gladly traded up to z30

The z30 is an awesome device. Those who are obsessed with pixel count should shake their heads.

It's a handheld ladies and gentlemen. The resolution is more than plenty.

For those on the fence, try it for yourself and keep an open mind.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:24 AM
    Went to Verizon today...handled the new Z30 to see it myself. Bright enough, light enough, probably bigger than I need (footprint), but not bad. Was easy to use and relatively intuitive.

Would have liked to handle it without the clumsy security bracket but they would not take it off. Only demo in the store. STA100-3, so I'm assuming wireless charging capable - anyone know for sure? SA knew as much as the rocks in the parking lot.

Hit the browser and launched my company site, image intensive, all good - seemed to go pretty fast and was not in wireless. One thing weird on screen was the black warning bar 2/3 down about active apps are to the left - annoying and hope there's an easy way to rid the screen of that junk. I'm sure there is, as after a few minutes of toying with the unit I got the bar to vanish.

Overall very impressed. But in all honesty, I'm coming from a 5yr old BB, so nearly everything is a huge move forward.

Anyway, will await word on inventory and likely make the move shortly.

Wonder if the price drop will happen as it did with the Z10....and this thing ends up at $100 - $150 (on plan) in a month.
    The black warning goes away once u do what it says. So if it says to swipe left SWIPE! Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:26 AM
    I went into settings to check for myself. My brightness is halfway up and it's perfect. I turned it up and it was too bright for my preference. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like someone is exaggerating

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:27 AM
44 12