My z10 is always 40-50% brightness so if the z30 is at full 100% and it looks like z10 70% than its enogh for me

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:02 AM
    The screen quality is the same as the samsung S3 and never see complaints or discussion about pixels from this phone.

But if it is a BlackBerry then it seems important. Just work with it and after a day you don't check yout pixels under your microscope

Posted via CB10
    huckleberry_Jer likes this.
    11-17-13 01:06 AM
    I kinda agree with the OP, I got my z30 yesterday and compared to the z10 the screen isn't as bright as the z10. But it's not a deal breaker for me as this phone buries the z10 in the nicest possible way.

Hopefully later OS builds will have an option to adjust the brightness a little bit more higher.

Posted via CB10
    DenimAndLeather likes this.
    11-17-13 03:25 AM
    I have just bought a Z30 a couple of days ago and I will admit it isn't as bright as the Z10, I have also just installed the new 10.2.1.1055 and there is a new setting called white balance which helps improve things a bit.
    The Z30 comes with the black theme and it does look so much cooler than the white one in my opinion so most of the times you will only see white backgrounds on websites and so on.
    After using it for a few days I wouldn't go back even though the brightness isn't as good as the Z10, I have watched movies on my Z30 and they look amazing still, plus the sound quality is impressive.
    It's also faster and smoother in every way compared to the Z10.
    Once again I do agree with you when it comes to the brightness and the whites but I was also lucky enough to get it here in the UK sim free for �420 when most Samsung S4 or the new IPhone 5S are in the region of �520 and �549 respectively and the IPhone is simply way too small, after using it a few times, the Z30 keyboard alone is absolutely amazing.
    This new 10.2.1.xxxx is really impressive and of course it should have been like this from day one and not having to wait for months again but at least they're finally going in the right direction with all these changes and the experience is way better now, just have to wait for the final build of course but even this beta is so good that I doubt I'll go back to 10.2.0.xxxx
    Anyway this is my experience if that helps anyone or at all.
    alan510 likes this.
    11-17-13 03:32 AM
    I had the brightness all the way and it was so dim!
    Was ready to get it but now after seeing it, my Z10 is so much brighter and the whites look so white..
    What gives guys, is it a different screen?
    Share your opinions please
    Thank you.
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Bl...-Review_id3452

Scroll down to the bottom and look at the graph.
    The maximum brightness is worse than the one from the Galaxy S4 and when we compare the Z30 with the Z10 then the Z10 completely destroys it in regards to brightness.

So your observation is definitely correct and everyone saying "My Z30 is plenty bright!!!" may feel that way, but doesn't have science on his/her side.

To your last question: The Z10 uses an IPS LCD and the Z30 a Pentile Matrix AMOLED display.
    The Z10 also has a better PPI.

Z10 meh

I had it and gladly traded up to z30

The z30 is an awesome device. Those who are obsessed with pixel count should shake their heads.

It's a handheld ladies and gentlemen. The resolution is more than plenty.

For those on the fence, try it for yourself and keep an open mind.

Posted via CB10
    I am/was on the fence, and compared the Z30 for about 1 hour with a LG G2 and for about 2 hours with a Samsung Galaxy S4.
    For me, the difference in pixels count is something I notice instantly.

No, for the money the Z30 costs, the pixel count is not plenty.
    And yes, be open minded when you test the Z30, without any BlackBerry and CB bias.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-17-13 at 06:02 AM.
    11-17-13 05:52 AM
    The screen quality is the same as the samsung S3 and never see complaints or discussion about pixels from this phone.

But if it is a BlackBerry then it seems important. Just work with it and after a day you don't check yout pixels under your microscope

Posted via CB10
    What the hell are you even talking about?
    The S3 is 2 years old right now, and when it launched, it was one of the best phones and displays you could get, when not buying an iPhone.
    Today we have moved on from mediocre 720p displays to excellent 1080p ones.

Look at that comparison with an Galaxy S4, a S3 and an iPhone while educating yourself:
    http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S4_ShootOut_1.htm

The Galaxy S3 is completely subpar by today's standards, which is logical, because technology advances forward, not backwards.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:02 AM
    Yet again the ******* in here are arguing about brightness etc. Yes the z30 isn't as bright as the z10 but if it's that much if an issue then don't get it....simple.

As far as I know the new 10.2.1 leaked os's have a white balance feature. I haven't loaded one up yet but for me the z30 screen is more than good enough.

Enough of the damn arguing...honestly some of u don't have anything better to do

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:40 AM
    I hear ya Spawn...mines set at half and it's great for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:55 AM
    We went to our local VZW store yesterday to do a close up on the Z30, and the only disappointment was that the VZW store sales staff had no idea they even had the new Z30 already in the store! Thus, they didn't know about any of its capabilities or anything! So, Kevin or somebody needs to pass on to Mr. Chen that he needs to put the US VZW Z30 in store training sessions into HIGH gear!! It's that time of year, people are in shopping mode and the VZW store sales teams are not even up to speed yet!

Other than that, even my wife was very impressed with the device, its natural sound, screen, etc. Sure, a device can always be 'brighter', but it's on battery, and one of the main complaints with these mobile devices is battery consumption. My Z10 is kept on half brightness and looks great, works for me anyway. The one Z30 we looked at in the store, screen looks very good, in our opinion. We thought they've done a great job with the Z30: 2880 battery, super amoled screen, natural sound, USB OTG, Paratek radio, etc, that we ordered one, and now, the wife thinks she wants one too ;-).
    11-17-13 08:28 AM
    Honestly, the screen is noticeably inferior. I'm actually bothered by the white balancing issue more than be brightness--which I turn down anyway. Hopefully the leaked OS addresses this issue. The resolution I'm sure is something your eyes begrudgingly get used to in exchange for a bigger visible area.

I will buy this device, once it goes down in price. I paid 1st day outright prices for the Z10, the marginal benefit of the Z10 vs my torch justified every penny... at this point, given the screen compromises they are asking us to make, I just can't do that again for the Z30.

(marginal benefit over the10.2 Z10) - (screen performance compromise) != $549

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:43 AM
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Bl...-Review_id3452

Scroll down to the bottom and look at the graph.
    The maximum brightness is worse than the one from the Galaxy S4 and when we compare the Z30 with the Z10 then the Z10 completely destroys it in regards to brightness.

So your observation is definitely correct and everyone saying "My Z30 is plenty bright!!!" may feel that way, but doesn't have science on his/her side.

To your last question: The Z10 uses an IPS LCD and the Z30 a Pentile Matrix AMOLED display.
    The Z10 also has a better PPI.

I am/was on the fence, and compared the Z30 for about 1 hour with a LG G2 and for about 2 hours with a Samsung Galaxy S4.
    For me, the difference in pixels count is something I notice instantly.

No, for the money the Z30 costs, the pixel count is not plenty.
    And yes, be open minded when you test the Z30, without any BlackBerry and CB bias.

Posted via CB10
    Marsupilami strikes again! Lol

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-17-13 08:51 AM
    Marsupilami strikes again! Lol

The thread just popped out of nowhere and the premise seemed to be to my liking!
    And then the usual post came, saying that you can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p anyway.
    Or that the screen is bright enough.

This was my invitation to correct this misinformation.
    It's like misinformation is calling my name and dragging me into threads like this one.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:59 AM
    I have compared the Z30 to every Z10 in my office and the brightness is as good if not better, but it depends on the setting of each device, the environment you are in etc.
    11-17-13 09:07 AM
    The thread just popped out of nowhere and the premise seemed to be to my liking!
    And then the usual post came, saying that you can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p anyway.

It's like misinformation is calling my name and dragging me into threads like this one.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there should be any question as to the Z30s screen underperformance at this point... whether you can live with it in exchange for the bigger viewable area, fair performance improvements, and longer-lasting battery (a big +),.. that's up to each prospective buyer based on their needs and the price.

If someone offered it to me for $249, I wouldn't even think twice... lol

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:12 AM
    I don't think there should be any question as to the Z30s screen underperformance at this point... whether you can live with it in exchange for the bigger viewable area, fair performance improvements, and longer-lasting battery (a big +),.. that's up to each prospective buyer based on their needs and the price.

If someone offered it to me for $249, I wouldn't even think twice... lol

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree!
    I'd even buy one for 349$ just for fun, without ever needing it, because this is the price I am still willing to pay for hardware innards from last year.

The phone is a really good midrange product, but all these people saying that specs don't matter, that you can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p, that the Z30's screen is as bright and awesome as the one from the Galaxy S4, that we need tools and not toys, really have to face reality.
    So much denial can't be healthy...

But it's exactly like you say, if you are willing to forego the better performing hardware from the competition for whatever BlackBerry has to offer, this is a personal choice.
    Just stop with this ridiculous non-sense of denying the existence of said differences.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    11-17-13 09:24 AM
    I totally agree!
    I'd even buy one for 349$ just for fun, without ever needing it, because this is the price I am still willing to pay for hardware innards from last year.

The phone is a really good midrange product, but all these people saying that specs don't matter, that you can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p, that the Z30's screen is as bright and awesome as the one from the Galaxy S4, that we need tools and not toys, really have to face reality.
    So much denial can't be healthy...

But it's exactly like you say, if you are willing to forego the better performing hardware from the competition for whatever BlackBerry has to offer, this is a personal choice.
    Just stop with this ridiculous non-sense of denying the existence of said differences.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more. That's all I will say.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lmao, alright alright alright.....
    I'm positive the screen isn't bright enough, although that's subjective. I have yet to try a z30, I'll try to hit up a Verizon store soon to test it out. When I do test it out, I'm gonna start a thread stating "I can't tell the difference between 720p on the z30 and 1080p on the s4" muahahaha, then you swoop down from the heavens and give me a carefully articulated explanation as to why I'm wrong lolol
    Honestly though I don't think the 720p would bother me all that much as long as it looks decent, but the brightness might make me twitch just a little bit.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-17-13 10:32 AM
    Not true my Z30 is as bright as my Z10. Maybe you looked at a bad unit.

We just did a comparison here and the z30 screen is plenty bright

Posted via CB10
    do you have a leaked 10.2.1 OS if so there is a setting that you can make the whites warmer or cooler. i'm sure tweeks have been made to increase bightness
    11-17-13 06:06 PM
    do you have a leaked 10.2.1 OS if so there is a setting that you can make the whites warmer or cooler. i'm sure tweeks have been made to increase bightness
    The Z10 is 15-20% brighter then the Z30 and the color of the Z10 are also better than the Z30 but software can chance a lot.
    11-18-13 05:56 AM
44 12