....this is hands down the best phone I have ever owned. (So far..)

Here is my story;

I started my smartphone usage with the Tour 9630 back in 2009, I liked the phone but just couldn't handle the freezing issues and the trackball wasn't great either so I switched to the iPhone 4 as soon as it got released the following year. Then the iPhone 4s. Then the iPhone 5. I really liked all of the iOS devices and never gave Blackberry another thought.

But then I saw the Bold 9930. I was in my Verizon store working on an iPhone repair when the Blackberry caught my eye. After navigating that amazing phone and typing on that awesome keyboard I knew I could never go back to loving the iPhones the same. After going back and forth in my mind over the next few weeks and literally reading every comparison and review online about these phones I finally jumped ship and switched back to Blackberry. And boy was I happy. I absolutely LOVED the Bold 9930! It was the perfect phone for me and the typing experience was just amazing after coming from an iPhone.

After using it for about a year and following all the BB10 news and rumors I knew that the Q10 would be my next phone. I had an upgrade on my line become available the same week Verizon released the Q10 so I ordered it (with overnight shipping ). I had to get used to the new BB10 OS but it didn't take long before all the gestures started becoming second nature to me and everything just felt right. The phone was working amazing (with all the leaks - especially the latest 10.2.1.1055 build), but there was one thing that just didn't compare to my old Bold besides for the trackpad. I just felt that the BB10 experience on the Q10 was not optimized perfectly for the screen size. Text was sometimes too big and therefore limited the amount of information I can see on the screen at once. Emails did not load correctly and involved too much scrolling from side to side. Don't get me wrong, I loved the phone but these few things annoyed me. I just thought that the old Bold handled these particular things better. Also, I wasn't loving the screen ratio of 1:1 for viewing pictures.

Then I saw the Z30 and figured I should give it a shot. I skipped the Z10 because I needed better battery life and I just liked the overall look of the Z30 more. I didn't think I would ever want to go back to a touchscreen phone but I kept on reading amazing things about the BB virtual keyboard that I decided to test it out. I bid for it on eBay and lucked out with a great deal. I received it three days ago.

As soon as I turned it on and started using it I knew that this is it. Yes - I need to get used to touchscreen typing again and yes - I need to get used to such a large device but overall it is the smoothest phone I have ever used. The typing is so much better and accurate than my old iPhone! All of you know all the amazing things about the Z30 so I won't bore you with the details, I just wanted to share my experiences.

This is my first post on this forum, I have been a lurker here for years (since before my Tour 9630 days) and I decided the Z30 deserves my first effort at a review. I have learned tons in the past from these forums and cannot thank the wonderful Crackberry community enough for all the effort everyone has put in to helping us Blackberry users.

Thanks for reading (sorry if it was a bit long)!

A very happy Blackberry user
    Last edited by phantomtech; 12-19-13 at 09:32 PM.
    12-18-13 12:26 PM
    Welcome to the forums and im glad you love your new z30. It is also my favorite BlackBerry yet.

Sent from my Z30
    JSin7 and daveshiz like this.
    12-18-13 12:32 PM
    Welcome to the relatively small but happy group of Z30 owners!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    howards and ikalinin like this.
    12-18-13 12:35 PM
    Welcome to the relatively small but happy group of Z30 owners!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    We are more active than the q5 forum and we might actually pass the q10 forum if the rate of posting keeps up

Sent from my Z30
    12-18-13 12:36 PM
    I definitely agree with everything you wrote. I am a very very happy Z30 user as well, and I honestly believe this is the best device on the market without question.

Enjoy your Z30!
    howards likes this.
    12-18-13 12:40 PM
    Z30, Best BlackBerry yet!

You'll have to pry mine from my cold dead fingers.
    howards likes this.
    12-18-13 12:41 PM
    Welcome and a good choice. I have used so many devices over the years and nothing compares to the Z30. Love this phone.
    Actually I just came from a Bell store looking for a case. No luck. But I did convince a lady who was buying another cell phone to try it out. I told her my experience so far. After I seen her walk by in the mall and I could clearly see through the carry bag the Z30 box. One by one we move forward

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:49 PM
    LOVE MY Z30!!! Welcome!
    12-18-13 12:51 PM
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! I am glad there are others who have also seen the light
    12-18-13 01:14 PM
    This post contains the same sentiment as others who have taken the plunge and tried the Z30. What it highlights to me is that BB is doing a poor job of getting to it's own already committed audience. I know many, many folks who are on old BB's and have been told that Blackberry is dead/dying/or sick. Based on that they won't move up to the newer devices, or think that the device can't compete with the other devices in the market.

For the last week I have been rocking a Moto X, 2 weeks ago I had the iPhone 5s for 5 days. The Z30 is a very, very good device compared to these two phones, on paper the Z30 looks Meh! In practical use ( mostly business) it's nicely ahead. I think it loses when compared to fun, entertainment uses, but not by a much and probably based on personal preferences.

It's a shame the brand image and perception is in the ditch, BUT, I am quite pleased that I snagged this premium, long lasting, LOUD device.

FYI: IMO the Moto X is a nice clean, low cost, yet well done device. great device for a teenager who likes Google services.
    Last edited by BBSpring; 12-18-13 at 02:01 PM. Reason: error
    12-18-13 01:34 PM
    niiiiceeee!
    12-18-13 01:35 PM
    Very Nice Post,, I also agree, I was a die hard keyboard users with my old BB , but the z30 is truly the best phone for my business and personal use. I have not been excited with a phone ever, this is the 1st one for me that I am passionate about. I did like my z10,, but just didn't have the overall finish as the z30.. The battery was also such an important part of this phone. I no longer carry a charger with me.
    12-18-13 06:49 PM
    Glad to hear your enjoying it, I also have a 30 and I think the same ever since I got it, it has to be one of the best phones ever that I have used. And trust me as I'm a phone nerd.

Posted on my Z30
    12-18-13 06:52 PM
    Well said man!

Blackberry's app support is growing in size but much more so in quality . It's not as much as Android or Iphail, but whatever, I got **** to get done. I'm productive.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:36 PM
    Cool read. Thanks for making my wait till Christmas morning that much more excruciating! ;-)

Well, there better be a Z30 in that stocking! Oh ya, Welcome to Crackberry!

BB
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    12-18-13 08:14 PM
    Should have mine in a few days really does look nice it's a communication tool at its best.
    12-19-13 10:22 AM
    Picked up mine yesterday and this device is damn fine.

within minutes of picking it up, my Z10 fell into the background..the Z10 is a very good device but the Z30 is where its at

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by walcolm; 12-20-13 at 04:14 AM. Reason: more info
    12-19-13 01:25 PM
    Welcome! I have a Z10 with upgrade due in January, and I was on the fence about the Z30, but after this and a few others today think I might give it a try. thanks
    12-19-13 01:37 PM
    Glad you like it. Mines too awesome
    12-19-13 01:48 PM
    If i wasn't rocking my Z10 i would love to have a Z30.
    12-19-13 01:53 PM
    To the OP, welcome to the CrackBerry forums and more specificially, congratulations on a very good first post Now I am really having Z30 envy! Enjoy your phone and looking forward to more of your contributions.
    12-19-13 02:09 PM
    I started with the Z10, but once I got my hands on a Z30 I just had to have it. I've had mine since Telus released it and absolutely love this phone. But the real surprise was my wife. She is a diehard keyboard person, so she got the Q10 and loves it. She then started using my Z30 to play games at first and then used it while we traveled. Well, she announced last night that she too now wants a Z30 :-) This phone is that amazing.
    12-19-13 02:11 PM
    I agree with everything you said. Welcome to the Z30 family. Hands down...the best BlackBerry ever! In one month it's already the greatest phone I've ever owned!
    12-19-13 02:16 PM
    If i wasn't rocking my Z10 i would love to have a Z30.
    If I wasn't rocking my Z30 I would throw rocks at an iPhone and get a Z10.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 02:28 PM
    Thanks again everyone for the kind welcome! I will definitely enjoy this phone, I can't put it down.

This morning I received the Otterbox Commuter case that I ordered from Amazon, it is a really good case with great protection but it does take away from the sleek look of the Z30. I am really torn whether to keep it or not. Besides the added weight, it also makes the phone much thicker and a bit wider so now it is pretty difficult to navigate with one hand. I will have to use it for a few days to see if I can get used to it.

Is there any other options out there for the Z30 to protect it without adding this much bulk? I couldn't find much choices for this phone on Amazon and the Otterbox cases are generally nice.

For now it's staying on but I will have to see if the bulk is something I can get used to. It really is a shame to hide this phones beauty. Have I mentioned I love the back cover weave?

Anyway, I hope we all continue to enjoy our phones!
    12-19-13 03:25 PM
38 12