Hi,i just had this crazy thought even though it's a stupid one and am not going to do it.!
    Can we install android Os on bbz30? Or any BlackBerry device with another os like android or anything.? Has anyone tried it..
    I am going to go into hiding now.!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 12:39 PM
    04-20-16 12:41 PM
    Oh..! So BlackBerry Os is embedded with hardware.!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 12:44 PM
    I have it working on my BlackBerry Priv right now!!

From my Tower of Power Q5
    bajaa likes this.
    04-20-16 02:53 PM
    Oh..! So BlackBerry Os is embedded with hardware.!
    The issue is that you can't install any operating system build on a BlackBerry that wasn't cryptographically signed by BlackBerry. That's a key security feature of BB phones.

BB could theoretically make an Android build for Z30. No technical reason they couldn't, but it's unlikely they would want to spend the money. They would prefer you buy one of the upcoming Android phones they hope to be selling. Or the Priv.
    04-20-16 03:11 PM
    pah android!!!!!!! stick with BB
    thedose likes this.
    04-20-16 03:16 PM
    The issue is that you can't install any operating system build on a BlackBerry that wasn't cryptographically signed by BlackBerry. That's a key security feature of BB phones.

BB could theoretically make an Android build for Z30. No technical reason they couldn't, but it's unlikely they would want to spend the money. They would prefer you buy one of the upcoming Android phones they hope to be selling. Or the Priv.
    Unless of course you were made to pay a one-time charge to migrate you existing BlackBerry 10 phone to Android. Wouldn't that be interesting?!

However, I'm not sure how smooth the experience would be on the Z30's hardware. I bet some folks would greatly regret the decision.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    bajaa likes this.
    04-21-16 03:50 PM
    You can. But a physical keyboard grows out of it, and the names turns into Priv. And $700 is sucked out of your wallet. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 03:26 PM
    Unless of course you were made to pay a one-time charge to migrate you existing BlackBerry 10 phone to Android. Wouldn't that be interesting?!

However, I'm not sure how smooth the experience would be on the Z30's hardware. I bet some folks would greatly regret the decision.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Ya.! I guess you are right..
    Althoughi am not going to do it..just wondered whether it was possible.! Or any phones to have any Os just like Pc's , u format them then install that's it..! Wouldn't that be simple.!
    Well am going to stick to my z30 anyways.!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 03:26 PM
    Next post like this I'm shooting my phone with my AR
    bajaa likes this.
    04-23-16 12:16 PM