I don't care for the phone whatsoever. The large screen doesn't impress me. The extra 200mhz don't matter. The quad core gpu isn't worth it to me. I think it looks like Samsung and BlackBerry teamed up to make a gs4 with a z10 bottom.

I like the amoled screen and the extra battery capacity. The "natural sound" intrigues me.

For me, the cons and irrelevances outweigh the pros by a mile.

... but I might buy one anyway.

Now, I'm not rich, but I do pretty good. I can see myself throwing 700 down on this, not to get the phone, but for moral support.

BlackBerry has boned us, but I like the product. The only way to keep them making products is to get the products they're making. Prem Watsa probably has no issue liquidating BlackBerry, but wants to see if he can make it a sustainable cash source.

Are any other z10 users thinking like this?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:39 PM
    I am not a huge fan of the look but I would have to play around with one before i can pass to much judgement about it
    09-24-13 01:46 PM
    I think it looks better than the z10. I like the thinner bezels, the back is also nicer.

Posted via CB10
    GTiLeo and eldricho like this.
    09-24-13 02:16 PM
    I prefer the top of the Z30 over the body-colored strip at the top of the Z10. The bezels are also thinner on the Z30, giving a much bigger screen with only a modestly-upsized cabinet overall.

And you might not be a gamer or a media consumer, but that quad-core Adreno 320 will make the overall system run smoother.
    09-24-13 02:20 PM
    I have to say that I don't care for the look of the Z30 at all. Maybe it's just how it photographs, but that silver trim at the bottom (and wraps the sides and top) just looks cheap to me.

At least it looks like silver painted trim. I may see it differently in person.

The Z10 top and bottom trim originally looked like a gunmetal paint finish. It turned out to be a fine textured black plastic. A bit soft too, because it dents rather easily.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:22 PM
    I also think that in order for them to continue to make phones, we have to buy phones. I'm not rich either, but I'm interested in this phone, and I might buy it full price if reviews are nice, and once I played with it in store. I have big hands and a big screen is a plus, though I'm afraid the Z30 won't be as easy to use with one hand as the Z10.

Obviously I'm just a drop in the ocean, but if it's their last phone, at least I'll have it because I like their products.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:30 PM
    I also think that in order for them to continue to make phones, we have to buy phones. I'm not rich either, but I'm interested in this phone, and I might buy it full price if reviews are nice, and once I played with it in store. I have big hands and a big screen is a plus, though I'm afraid the Z30 won't be as easy to use with one hand as the Z10.

Obviously I'm just a drop in the ocean, but if it's their last phone, at least I'll have it because I like their products.

Posted via CB10
    I was concerned about the size of the screen too for two reasons: 1) Reaching across the screen to tap icons, and; 2) Typing.

I managed to play with one for just a couple of minutes 3 days ago and I must say it's not as uncomfortable to use as I thought it would be. Hitting the icons on the top row was a bit of a stretch one handed but was something I'd be able to get used to, but typing in portrait mode is significantly easier! I find the portrait KB on the Z10 to be too cramped for my chubby thumb but on the Z30 it's ideal.

I still haven't decided whether I'd get one yet, I love my Z10 but there's not enough "story" with the Z30 for me to jump on one.

Yet.
    BadGoliath42 likes this.
    09-24-13 02:37 PM
    Bad, I'm 6'3" and my hands are proportionate to my body. I had issues with the gs4, but the iPhone 5 and z10 fit nicely in my hand. I don't know if it was because I had the z10 first or whatever, but the width doesn't do it for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:40 PM
    I prefer the 'framed' look of the Z10, but when Christmas comes around and everyone is opening their new toys... It's going to be hard to not just go pick one up for myself.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-24-13 02:53 PM
    I will wait to pass judgement, but from the pics of the z30, I really do not like the silver chin, almost looks like a design afterthought?
    09-24-13 02:55 PM
    I prefer the look of the Z10. In fact i LOVE the look of the Z10. But i prefer the screen size of the Z30 as well as the back. As much as i love my Z10, the Z30 is a much better device and probably should have been the first Blackberry 10 device. I'm not sure i can afford to buy one for another year though.
    09-24-13 03:00 PM
    Well, my Z10 recently took a dunk in the sink so I'm back to the 9900 and missing BB10 badly. Looking at the Z30 for a replacement, but I fear I won't be able to use it one-handed because I could barely could with the Z10. I must admit that I'm not a fan of the silver bezel. I would have preferred if it were black or white to match the screen.
    09-24-13 03:33 PM
    Is it just painted silver or is it metal?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Machined metal like the bottons on the Z10 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    was the 9900 painted or was it metal? BB10 devices are solid built and i don't see BB painting the trimp like they did prior to the 9900
    09-24-13 04:56 PM
    I will take whatever they give us! It can be sky blue pink for all I care. I've never been particular over a phones looks. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but some people nit pick over every little thing. Be satisfied at this stage of the game that we are going to even be getting one. You don't like the color of the bezel? Throw a case cover on it, and be done with it.
    09-24-13 06:21 PM
    I prefer the blacked out look of the Z10, but the Z30 looks good too.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    09-24-13 06:30 PM
    Machined metal like the bottons on the Z10 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    Good, I like that.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:39 PM
    I have one and trust me, it feels like God just ripped off his dominant hand, and gave it to you to play with.

Amazing quality, looks good in person and feels great. Easily the best BlackBerry device, or even any other device

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    09-24-13 09:41 PM
    The Z30 is simply a thing of beauty. Love it love it!! And honestly can't wait to lay my hands on it.. The Z30 is classy yet professional looking. The "Natural sound" feature is something I can't wait to hear.

I'm definitely stepping up from from Z10 to Z30
    09-24-13 10:09 PM
    I don't care for the phone whatsoever. The large screen doesn't impress me. The extra 200mhz don't matter. The quad core gpu isn't worth it to me. I think it looks like Samsung and BlackBerry teamed up to make a gs4 with a z10 bottom.

I like the amoled screen and the extra battery capacity. The "natural sound" intrigues me.

For me, the cons and irrelevances outweigh the pros by a mile.

... but I might buy one anyway.

Now, I'm not rich, but I do pretty good. I can see myself throwing 700 down on this, not to get the phone, but for moral support.

BlackBerry has boned us, but I like the product. The only way to keep them making products is to get the products they're making. Prem Watsa probably has no issue liquidating BlackBerry, but wants to see if he can make it a sustainable cash source.

Are any other z10 users thinking like this?

Posted via CB10
    I thought the Z30 looked like the Samsung Galaxy S4. I still think it's a sexy device. Very appealing in my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:28 PM
    The Z30 is the new Z10 for me. Originally, I was gonna only get the Q10, because I thought it would be coming "soon after the Z10." That's when I realized what "soon" means to BlackBerry, and I just couldn't wait anymore, I had to have the Z10 when it launched even though I had never had a touch screen device (then I got the Q10 when it came out).

When images of the Z30 appeared, and it turned out that the specs weren't "stellar," I was kind of indifferent about it, especially because of the phablet size. Then, like the Z10, I keep seeing more high resolution pictures, and hearing good things about the battery and premium feel, and now, the Z30 has really grown on me.

I'm not a sucker, and if I thought it wasn't the best, I wouldn't buy it. I've never bought low end BlackBerrys (at the time I bought them, the 8320 and 8900 were just a different kind of high end). The BlackBerry news has given me a mild level of anxiety lately, and all I want is for the company to prosper and continue to make devices available to us somehow.

I've always been a supporter of BlackBerry, and in this time where we are not 100% sure that there will ever be new BlackBerry phones (so sad to even type that), I just feel like getting a Z30 is what I gotta do.
    09-24-13 11:31 PM
    If Z30 is the last BlackBerry phone then I'll be sporting it like a DeLorean in 2020.

-aBBuser
    09-25-13 12:00 AM
    I'll pick one up if it is indeed the last BlackBerry device...
    09-25-13 12:10 AM
    Another stupid thread title to come up when people wanting a z30 Google it.
    And straight from cb no less.

Anyway I have a z10 and will definitely buy a z30 and give my z10 to my gf.

Also Fairfax bought trademe.co.nz for about 680mill nzd and they have done well with it, I have complete faith BlackBerry will rise
    09-25-13 12:16 AM
30 12