I have done the hard reset so many times but yet same thing
    I don't know why system is consuming my data like crazy-img_20150413_225613.png

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 04:58 PM
    you do realize that your system is using less memory than Twitter, right?
    Only way to fix it is to reload your OS.
    04-13-15 05:04 PM
    you do realize that your system is using less memory than Twitter, right?
    Only way to fix it is to reload your OS.
    Yeah I know I have signed out my twitter long time ago and now is the system. how am I gonna reload the OS? Any help on that.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 05:10 PM
    I had a similar issue with system and it took a while to sort out. Using the file manager app I moved a folder from my device memory to my laptop, the folder had about 4gb of movies in it, my laptop battery died during the move and so the files just got stuck trying to sync with my laptop. I tried to manually sync the folders again and there was no luck. The files were no longer on device memory, and using the file manager app I could see them on my laptop, but on my laptop I only had an empty folder.

To solve I copied the files using file manager app from my laptop and then pasted to a different folder on my laptop, then I deleted the first folder through file manager and everything got cleared up!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 05:27 PM
    You can fix your OS by downloading the latest auto loader from the BB10 sub forum on this site for you device. 99% probability it will clear it up.

As far as using less than Twitter, it's using less data than Twitter but not by much. The amount of "memory" it is using is irrelevant.

If I helped you out today or if you liked seeing an exchange of assistance with a member in this thread, please don't hesitate to Like or Thank me!
    Feel free to contact me by BBM at 334C649B

BlackBerry Warranty Support: 1-866-957-0761
    BlackBerry Online Support: Link

Pearl 8130 > Curve 8350i > Storm 9500 > Storm 9550* > Tour 9630 > Torch 9800 > Torch 9810 > iPhone/Android Experimentation Period* > Z10* > Z30* > Classic* > Z30* > Bold 9930 > Z30* > iPhone 5S 32GB
    * Denotes devices I still physically possess!
    04-13-15 05:40 PM
    I had a similar issue with system and it took a while to sort out. Using the file manager app I moved a folder from my device memory to my laptop, the folder had about 4gb of movies in it, my laptop battery died during the move and so the files just got stuck trying to sync with my laptop. I tried to manually sync the folders again and there was no luck. The files were no longer on device memory, and using the file manager app I could see them on my laptop, but on my laptop I only had an empty folder.

To solve I copied the files using file manager app from my laptop and then pasted to a different folder on my laptop, then I deleted the first folder through file manager and everything got cleared up!

Posted via CB10
    So you mean I should clear all the files in my device memory to my laptop and the system will stop consuming my data?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 07:26 PM
    You can fix your OS by downloading the latest auto loader from the BB10 sub forum on this site for you device. 99% probability it will clear it up.

As far as using less than Twitter, it's using less data than Twitter but not by much. The amount of "memory" it is using is irrelevant.

If I helped you out today or if you liked seeing an exchange of assistance with a member in this thread, please don't hesitate to Like or Thank me!
    Feel free to contact me by BBM at 334C649B

BlackBerry Warranty Support: 1-866-957-0761
    BlackBerry Online Support: Link

Pearl 8130 > Curve 8350i > Storm 9500 > Storm 9550* > Tour 9630 > Torch 9800 > Torch 9810 > iPhone/Android Experimentation Period* > Z10* > Z30* > Classic* > Z30* > Bold 9930 > Z30* > iPhone 5S 32GB
    * Denotes devices I still physically possess!
    In the first place I don't know that system can be consuming data. Smh

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 07:27 PM
    I have done the hard reset so many times but yet same thing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150413_225613.png 
Views:	670 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	347299

Posted via CB10
    Are you using any android apps to stream.. I have noticed that System files some android stuff in it to so it's kind of in accurate.

An example, I like to listen to spotify on my way home from work, but it shows spotify uses less then 1% Battery and like nothing for data, that obviously is wrong, but I do notice a spike in System.

So I wouldn't worry that it's the phone itself using all that data, it could just as well be android apps (even tho there is an android player category now I still find the numbers go to the system setting more)

*Z30 STA100-5 10.3.1.2558*
    04-13-15 09:34 PM
    Are you using any android apps to stream.. I have noticed that System files some android stuff in it to so it's kind of in accurate.

An example, I like to listen to spotify on my way home from work, but it shows spotify uses less then 1% Battery and like nothing for data, that obviously is wrong, but I do notice a spike in System.

So I wouldn't worry that it's the phone itself using all that data, it could just as well be android apps (even tho there is an android player category now I still find the numbers go to the system setting more)

I watch instagram videos tho

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:45 PM
    I watch instagram videos tho

Posted via CB10
    So I decided to try tonight, I took some screen shots of my data usage and battery usage, and then set up spotify. My phone was at 64% and then I drove for about half hour to get home, then my battery was 60%.

Before I left data was for this month

System 82.5mb
    Android media apps 4.1mb
    Android player 39.6kb

Battery levels were

System 8.7%
    Android player 1.5%
    Android media apps (forgot to snapshot)

Now when I got home it went to

Data
    System 114.2mb
    Android media apps 4.1mb
    Android player 41.3kb
    Spotify (not listed in the log)

Battery
    System 11%
    Android player 1.8%
    Android media apps 0.21%
    Spotify 0.01%

So as you can see, with 30 minutes of streaming on my car seat, I just left it the whole time but yet spotify shows 0.01%, that's obviously wrong, which leads me to believe it all gets logged in system for some android stuff

tkulthenoble likes this.
    04-13-15 10:59 PM
    So I decided to try tonight, I took some screen shots of my data usage and battery usage, and then set up spotify. My phone was at 64% and then I drove for about half hour to get home, then my battery was 60%.

Before I left data was for this month

System 82.5mb
    Android media apps 4.1mb
    Android player 39.6kb

Battery levels were

System 8.7%
    Android player 1.5%
    Android media apps (forgot to snapshot)

Now when I got home it went to

Data
    System 114.2mb
    Android media apps 4.1mb
    Android player 41.3kb
    Spotify (not listed in the log)

Battery
    System 11%
    Android player 1.8%
    Android media apps 0.21%
    Spotify 0.01%

So as you can see, with 30 minutes of streaming on my car seat, I just left it the whole time but yet spotify shows 0.01%, that's obviously wrong, which leads me to believe it all gets logged in system for some android stuff

What exactly do you want me to do now?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:02 PM
    That I don't know. I have just been ignoring it myself as I have not seen any solution yet. It's probably just the way the android runtime is set up and I'm just hoping with future updates it will be logged more accurately with android apps.. but maybe somebody on here that's more framiliar with leaks can confirm if it happens on all OS versions or not..

Maybe just pay attention to it before you launch certain apps like I have with spotify to narrow down which ones are deceiving you into thinking it's System eating your data

04-13-15 11:06 PM
    Videos do take up a lot of data, so if your watching a lot of videos on instagram it would explain why your data usage is so high.. what does your instagram app say for data usage

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-13-15 11:11 PM
    Videos do take up a lot of data, so if your watching a lot of videos on instagram it would explain why your data usage is so high.. what does your instagram app say for data usage

Most funniest part is not even showing instagram data usage, instagram not even on the list

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:14 PM
    Most funniest part is not even showing instagram data usage, instagram not even on the list

Posted via CB10
    Yah that was the same for me with spotify, didn't show under data but it showed under battery usage. I'm going to bet that's what it is though. It kind of Sucks cause we don't really know how to break it down how much data is going where.. but android runtime has come a far way since they started doing it.. maybe next few updates hopefully fix this.

04-13-15 11:19 PM
    Yah that was the same for me with spotify, didn't show under data but it showed under battery usage. I'm going to bet that's what it is though. It kind of Sucks cause we don't really know how to break it down how much data is going where.. but android runtime has come a far way since they started doing it.. maybe next few updates hopefully fix this.

Oh ok. Thanks so much for the help

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:11 AM
    Reload the OS is always the first but still an idiotic advice, friends. Reload the OS! And then once more! Better is better.

Did anyone realize that Twitter (I mean the stock Twitter app and many other clients) poll Twitter timeline(s) on an on? At least once an hour. You can't stop this as long as the Twitter app is open, the Twitter app has just no option for this (on OS7 you still could configure this). Furthermore the stock Twitter app does an idiotic request of the timeline(s) after each post you do. This causes a network traffic of several hundred kB each time you post a message of a few characters. You can measure this easily.

There are two hints to give:
    a) close the Twitter app completely when you don't need it
    b) use another Twitter app which causes less traffic

When you at the moment just want to do a single post and you don't want to search for a new app then it's indeed a big advantage to use the Hub or the Assistent to post to Twitter. Doing so the same stock Twitter app is used, of course, but the consecutive request of the timeline after posting will not take place and you avoid really a lot of traffic. A post using the Assistent costs about 7kB which is still a lot in relation to the size of the text.

If you want to use another app I suggest Blaq now. Blaq allows to configure manual updates of the timeline instead of automatic polling.
    04-14-15 12:36 AM
    Reload the OS is always the first but still an idiotic advice, friends. Reload the OS! And then once more! Better is better.

Did anyone realize that Twitter (I mean the stock Twitter app and many other clients) poll Twitter timeline(s) on an on? At least once an hour. You can't stop this as long as the Twitter app is open, the Twitter app has just no option for this (on OS7 you still could configure this). Furthermore the stock Twitter app does an idiotic request of the timeline(s) after each post you do. This causes a network traffic of several hundred kB each time you post a message of a few characters. You can measure this easily.

There are two hints to give:
    a) close the Twitter app completely when you don't need it
    b) use another Twitter app which causes less traffic

When you at the moment just want to do a single post and you don't want to search for a new app then it's indeed a big advantage to use the Hub or the Assistent to post to Twitter. Doing so the same stock Twitter app is used, of course, but the consecutive request of the timeline after posting will not take place and you avoid really a lot of traffic. A post using the Assistent costs about 7kB which is still a lot in relation to the size of the text.

If you want to use another app I suggest Blaq now. Blaq allows to configure manual updates of the timeline instead of automatic polling.
    Thanks so much for your concern and I have signed out the twitter app for a while now since I noticed that but now I notice system is doing the same which I can't figure out how to stop that.
    I don't know why system is consuming my data like crazy-img_20150414_073129.png

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 02:47 AM
    I don't know why system is consuming my data like crazy-img_20150414_084926.png

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 02:50 AM
    Strange that Spotify doesn't show, because it shows for me.
    I don't know why system is consuming my data like crazy-img_20150414_085809.png

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2243
    04-14-15 02:58 AM
    What OS are you using?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:09 AM
    System? Have you automatic software updates on? And diagnostic messages? - Standby is funny, 142MB for what???
    04-14-15 03:53 AM
    System? Have you automatic software updates on? And diagnostic messages? - Standby is funny, 142MB for what???
    Yeah system you can see it. Yeah the software update is on I just turned that off now

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:00 AM
    And what's diagnostic messages? Cuz system is really consuming my data

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:02 AM
    And what's diagnostic messages? Cuz system is really consuming my data
    I guess it was automatic updates. This option is not good, especially if it turns on by himself (it did on my device after the last update). Downloading updates is something that hardly depends on the users data volume and location and should NEVER just run by default behind his back. This could suck a GB over night and you have no clue what's going on. This is something for Apple users ... Furthermore updates are rather something to be controlled by the user, he decides to do it or not, especially if he can get serious problems later. The settings app should indeed show a warning message before switching this ON.

Diagnostic Messages is an option deep in the settings. With this you turn on sending messages about the status of your device from time to time to RIM. I never used that because of security and privacy reasons. I don't know how much this is.
    04-14-15 05:23 AM
39 12