Ok guys, I just got my Z30 on edge plan, do you remember last week when I went there and they said I have to give them back my Z10? I did not want to do that, so the rep said if I had an old phone he could take that one.

I remembered I had a BB Pearl somewhere in my office, so I found it and went back today and he activated that old Pearl and gave me my Z30!!! I am so excited I kept my Z10.

Now the issue I have which I hope you guys can help.
    I tried to restore my Z30 from my Z10 backup and I get this window...
    I did it!!! I got my Z30 a few minutes ago :)-z30-restore.jpg

What can you suggest to do, thanks guys, and I LOVE my Z30!!!!!!
    02-24-14 02:40 PM
    congrats enjoy your phone...im in a dilema because i lost 2 z10s in the past and now after some communicaitons detox i was in, i want to get a new phone but ive been trying to find a stl1003 in my country and its almost imposible to find one so ive been thinking about the z30 but i love the z10 size and formula so i dont know what to do, and i dont want to end up with a stl1001 with no 4g lte again...but in topic enjoy it, and about your problem, if you were running a leak that might be the problem maybe
    Ziro1 likes this.
    02-24-14 02:48 PM
    My Z10 which I updated from Verizon is 10.2.1.537, and Z30 is 10.2.0.1233 is this the issue?
    Could I downgrade Z10 and then try it?
    02-24-14 02:52 PM
    You need to put the newer OS on the Z30. If you downgrade the Z10, you will not be able to restore the backup to the Z10 either. I don't think there is a way to downgrade an OS without loosing your data on the phone.

There is another solution, but it is a bit more complex and may not still be available. In the Leaked OS forum there was a set of tools that would allow you to edit the backup file from the Z10 so that it showed an OS version compatible with the older Z30 OS.

Since the Z30 is new, just download the autoloader for the latest OS and once it is loaded, restore your Z10 backup to it.

You may also be able to use link to do a device switch, but I am not sure if the OS version will cause the same problem. The first time you plug the Z30 into Link, it will ask you if you want to do a device switch. You could try that, but once again, loading the newer OS on to the Z30 would be quicker. The one caveat being you need a PC to do the OS load, not a Mac.

The latest OS is in the first link of the first post in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...phones-905407/
    02-24-14 03:19 PM
    Congratulations on your new phone. I would try a security wipe and restore then. Make sure the 30 is running the same or later os

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    Ziro1 likes this.
    02-24-14 03:19 PM
    I would also suggest that before you do anything with a leak or anything, backup the phone from the box you opened.
    That way, if you so decide/need to for troubleshooting reasons, you can go back to the original OS as released from vendor.'
    just a little "under the vest" insurance.

c
    Ziro1 likes this.
    02-24-14 03:33 PM
    Now you will love your BlackBerry even more with z30. As for the backup, you need to upgrade the os on your z30 to at least the same as z10. It's impossible to restore your data from more recent os to the older one. Enjoy your Zed

Posted via CB10
    Ziro1 likes this.
    02-24-14 03:45 PM
    Thanks, but I have no clue what I'm doing, I tried the link and all it does is downloads and then nothing, what am I supposed to do
    You need to put the newer OS on the Z30. If you downgrade the Z10, you will not be able to restore the backup to the Z10 either. I don't think there is a way to downgrade an OS without loosing your data on the phone.

There is another solution, but it is a bit more complex and may not still be available. In the Leaked OS forum there was a set of tools that would allow you to edit the backup file from the Z10 so that it showed an OS version compatible with the older Z30 OS.

Since the Z30 is new, just download the autoloader for the latest OS and once it is loaded, restore your Z10 backup to it.

You may also be able to use link to do a device switch, but I am not sure if the OS version will cause the same problem. The first time you plug the Z30 into Link, it will ask you if you want to do a device switch. You could try that, but once again, loading the newer OS on to the Z30 would be quicker. The one caveat being you need a PC to do the OS load, not a Mac.

The latest OS is in the first link of the first post in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...phones-905407/
    02-24-14 04:16 PM
    On Sunday last I had to wipe my Z30 and load everything fresh. I would advise you to take same route and wait for official OS update for the Z30. Your emails and bbm contacts will sync over plus your apps are all tied to your BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 04:30 PM
    Thank you so much, I will try this as soon as I cook dinner Much appreciated
    First and foremost, these loader files only run under Windows. If you have a Mac, you need some way to run a Windows program.
    1. Start by downloading this file: Z30 Full Autoloader. I have problems doing MEGA downloads with Chrome. For me Internet Explorer works fine. Even though it claims it won't work, I just close the warning box and it does work
    2. The OS loaders is a 7Z (7 zip) compressed file. Windows does not know how to unzip it so you will need a 7zip utility. Download and install it if you don't already have one
    3. Since you talked about using Link, I assume you are doing this work on a computer with Link installed. If not, install Link
    4. I hope you have the loader downloaded and unzipped and you know where it is on your Windows computer
    5. The loader program file should be called something like this: STA100-X.10.2.1.2141x2142.exe
    6. Close Link if it is open
    7. Turn off the Z30 by holding the top button down until the phone shuts off
    8. Run the loader like you would run any Windows app. It should say Connecting to Bootrom
    9. Plug the Z30 into the USB wire
    10. Turn on the Z30 and in about 20 seconds the loader will start updating the phone
    11. When it finishes, the update is done
    12. Setup the Z30 with Wi-Fi and BBID
    13. Run Link and restore the Z10 backup
    14. Enjoy
    02-24-14 04:59 PM
    Just want to say Congrats!!!!!!
    Ziro1 likes this.
    02-24-14 05:01 PM
    Welcome to the Z30. You will love it.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    Ziro1 likes this.
    02-24-14 05:07 PM
    As Jrohland mentioned in his guide, you need to install the leak of equal or higher OS than the Z10 to successfully transfer your stuff over to the Z30. I just want to say congrats! You are a busy bee with work, cooking and doodling BB10 devices! If Mr. Chen gives you a call, you can hire me to be your chef!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 05:14 PM
    First and foremost, these loader files only run under Windows. If you have a Mac, you need some way to run a Windows program.
    Why would you direct him to use an autoloader first?

Ziro1, before you try this, open Settings, then click Software Updates, and Check for Updates on your Z30.
    02-24-14 05:14 PM
    Just update the z30 to the same OS as the z10, or a newer OS than the z10

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 05:19 PM
    I think that you are using a slightly older revision of the OS on your new phone than your Z10 had. Make sure your new phone has a revision the same or higher than your backup and it should work.
    02-24-14 05:41 PM
    Go back and read post #3 and I assume you will understand.
    Unfortunately, I don't - he only states that his Z30 is on 10.2.0 and his Z10 is on 10.2.1 - doesn't say he actually tried to update his Z30 anywhere that I can see.

I think we should be encouraging user's to attempt to upgrade through proper channels before we introduce them to the world of leaks and side loads - especially admittedly non-technical users.
    02-24-14 06:16 PM
    His carrier in the US hasn't released the update OS for Z30 so that's why he's stuck with an old OS. Most of his stuff is on the Z10, so installing the leak OS on the Z30 is his only option if he wants to transfer everything from the Z10 to his new phone - Z30 ASAP. Unless you want Ziro to sit and wait until maybe next year for the US carriers to roll out the update for the Z30?

Unfortunately, I don't - he only states that his Z30 is on 10.2.0 and his Z10 is on 10.2.1 - doesn't say he actually tried to update his Z30 anywhere that I can see.

I think we should be encouraging user's to attempt to upgrade through proper channels before we introduce them to the world of leaks and side loads - especially admittedly non-technical users.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nhanken; 02-24-14 at 06:37 PM.
    PygmySurfer likes this.
    02-24-14 06:27 PM
    You got it
    As Jrohland mentioned in his guide, you need to install the leak of equal or higher OS than the Z10 to successfully transfer your stuff over to the Z30. I just want to say congrats! You are a busy bee with work, cooking and doodling BB10 devices! If Mr. Chen gives you a call, you can hire me to be your chef!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:08 PM
    That was the first thing I did, there is no update, and just a few weeks ago Verizon released the update for the Z10, I wish I didn't had updated it
    Why would you direct him to use an autoloader first?

Ziro1, before you try this, open Settings, then click Software Updates, and Check for Updates on your Z30.
    02-24-14 07:12 PM

This may be obvious to some of us that have had the PlayBook and OS10 phones for a while. When you setup a new phone it automatically downloads the latest updates as part of the setup process. In other words, the OS on his phone was the latest update available from his carrier.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:39 PM
    First, congratulations!! Second, taking another tack on this idea, what exactly do you need/want to restore from Z10 to Z30? Many of the items can be transferred with a little trouble, without the need to downgrade one or upgrade the other. Be more specific, and we can help you find a way. You don't have to directly transfer /restore from one to the other. Myself, I'm all into starting from scratch with settings and app downloads, as long as I can save certain media, contacts, sms, etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:51 PM
    Thank you, I'm loving the phone. To be honest with you, all I want is my contacts, I hate to redo each one again on the Z30. I only have a few apps which I can check on Blackberry World to see if they are compatible.
    First, congratulations!! Second, taking another tack on this idea, what exactly do you need/want to restore from Z10 to Z30? Many of the items can be transferred with a little trouble, without the need to downgrade one or upgrade the other. Be more specific, and we can help you find a way. You don't have to directly transfer /restore from one to the other. Myself, I'm all into starting from scratch with settings and app downloads, as long as I can save certain media, contacts, sms, etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:32 PM
    Yes, there are many apps that can backup your contacts to the cloud, and restore. I use InTouchApp. Install on Z10, backup. Install on Z30, restore. Easy peasy

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:47 PM
    When I got my Z30 I immediately installed the 10.1.2 latest leak. From there I used BlackBerry Link to just switch devices via that option. All my Z10 Apps and data transferred perfectly. Jim

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:47 PM
32 12