Hi guys,
    We all know that Z30 has been released in UK where is one of the largest market of BBRY for few days. Up to now, it is distributed only by Carphone warehouse. But when I came to their stores, there was no poster or demo devices showed. And in CW website, althought you can find details about that phone and its tariff but it is not a significant ads at homepage, users have to make some manipulations ib order to access that information.
    I'm extremely concerned that this advertising campaign is not strong enough to attract new customers from other platforms. I hope they (BBRY) have some provision plans, otherwise it will be very difficult to get a positive result.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:23 AM
    I'm not surprised. BlackBerry is changing the way they do things. They are selling to people who already know they want the latest blackberry without seeing a poster or a commercial. I assume in the future we will be able to buy all their phones unlocked off their website.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:42 AM
    Here in the UK we "have" the Z30, but you would not know that fact.

Its needs to be on posters all over the main stations and town centres.

Its really good and it deserves to be posted up there for all potential customers to see.
    10-04-13 07:45 AM
    It's probably for the best as Frank was wasting BB's money on useless advertising. Unless they're going to have a proper ad campaign and hire an expert in the field, they're better off not spending.
    10-04-13 07:46 AM
    I say they are better off putting the product advertising right in front of the customers, simply and professionally. There is no case for saving money if it means people only hear about your product from your critics and competitors.
    10-04-13 07:56 AM
    Its probably something to do with co-op advertising. This is where the retailer shares the cost of advertising with the manufacturer. In this case BlackBerry may not have anything to share ( money for the ads) , so the retailer does no advertising.
    10-04-13 07:58 AM
    Try these UK websites;

Selfridges (A store in London UK);

BLACKBERRY Blackberry Z30 smartphone | selfridges.com

BlackBerry's UK website;

http://uk.blackberry.com/smartphones...y-z30/buy.html
    10-04-13 08:01 AM
    Try these UK websites;

Selfridges (A store in London UK);

BLACKBERRY Blackberry Z30 smartphone | selfridges.com

BlackBerry's UK website;

http://uk.blackberry.com/smartphones...y-z30/buy.html
    Selfridges is not a main distributor of smartphone, people mostly buy it with contracts provided by network carriers, especially for new users. Moreover, I don't think they are still selling Z30 after exclusive time.
    May be I don't understand their commercial campaign's concept, but from the view of new users, I won't choose a devices that is not introduced clearly.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:05 AM
    It's probably for the best as Frank was wasting BB's money on useless advertising. Unless they're going to have a proper ad campaign and hire an expert in the field, they're better off not spending.
    Do you mean Frank Boulben? Is he already gone?
    10-05-13 04:35 PM
    BlackBerry is in the midst of selling itself or part of it. In the midst of change ownership uncertainty, it is the right thing to do to not spend too much on marketing and promotion expense until the new owner takes over or until the strategic evaluation settles down

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:13 PM
    Prosumer, you will need to be one. BBRY have given up on the consumer as a target, it happened long before we noticed.

Ricocan
    10-05-13 11:04 PM
    Prosumer, you will need to be one. BBRY have given up on the consumer as a target, it happened long before we noticed.

Ricocan
    What's the difference again?
    A Prosumer is a consumer.
    10-06-13 12:29 AM
    I couldn't find a Z30 in Birmingham today.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-06-13 01:44 PM
    I'm not surprised. BlackBerry is changing the way they do things. They are selling to people who already know they want the latest blackberry without seeing a poster or a commercial. I assume in the future we will be able to buy all their phones unlocked off their website.

Posted via CB10
    That is dead road strategy, surely people have to know what you offering as company. BlackBerry is still on the highway ti hell.
    Without carrier support its all over with them, not even Apple can accomplish this task without help from the big boys.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    10-06-13 07:35 PM
    There was a full-page ad on several English daily newspapers in India this weekend for Sony Xperia Z1.

Z30 deserves such marketing campaigns.
    10-06-13 11:00 PM
    In the midst of selling it's business or part of it, don't think it makes sense for BlackBerry to spend a lot on marketing. It is already burning cash. It needs to worry about its cash flow to attract buyer before it worries about marketing.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 09:03 AM
    In the midst of selling it's business or part of it, don't think it makes sense for BlackBerry to spend a lot on marketing. It is already burning cash. It needs to worry about its cash flow to attract buyer before it worries about marketing.

Posted via CB10
    In any case, the business operation is indicated by its device commerce. How can they obtain the profit in their cash flow without selling products. And how can they sell without making customers know about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 09:32 AM
    It's in the biggest store in London with 4 on pillar displays bear Topshop. How can you miss it!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:57 PM