Yup, I would go with the offer as the xlz30 will continue to receive updates that the z10 is not going to! And besides changing to phones you don't like every year is lame compared to using a phone that you like for 3 years, and besides, some technologies of the 30 are futuristic

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:46 AM
    Hey guys so i've had a black Z10 since about feb 12 of last year and I enjoy the phone and its has only gotten so much better with all the os updates. I'm currently on a rogers 1GB plan and paying the standard rate for that plan. My question to all of you that have made the switch my company is switching all works phones from rogers to bell and I can get a Z30 for 0 dollars and bell will buy out my existing contract which will be 2 years left come februray. i'm a regular member on this site so i've already done my research and I'm aware of what the Z30 brings to the Table vs the Z10. So i'm kinda of on the fence right now because I was oringinally only going to upgrade to the successor to the Z30.

What would you do..?
    I don't think so...

Posted with my BlackBerry
    01-17-14 08:06 AM
    What's the ETF?
    01-17-14 12:55 PM
    I wouldn't. The Z30 isn't exactly a high end device to start out with, and by the middle of this year it will probably be obsolete all together.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    You are simply unbelievable with all your subtle obstructionism. What exactly is a high end device to you? Care to give us some examples and elaborate? What do you know about the mobile industry? SMH.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-17-14 06:05 PM
    OP, if you can afford it, go ahead and get it. The Z30 is an excellent productivity phone. Enjoy.
    01-17-14 06:08 PM
    Hey guys so i've had a black Z10 since about feb 12 of last year and I enjoy the phone and its has only gotten so much better with all the os updates. I'm currently on a rogers 1GB plan and paying the standard rate for that plan. My question to all of you that have made the switch my company is switching all works phones from rogers to bell and I can get a Z30 for 0 dollars and bell will buy out my existing contract which will be 2 years left come februray. i'm a regular member on this site so i've already done my research and I'm aware of what the Z30 brings to the Table vs the Z10. So i'm kinda of on the fence right now because I was oringinally only going to upgrade to the successor to the Z30.

What would you do..?
    You won't get the successor for $0. I'd go for it. And since Chen is leaning "predominantly" to keyboard phones, there may not be a touchscreen for a long time (depending on where you live). My ideal? A Z30 with a bluetooth keyboard for long emails/blogs.
    01-17-14 06:11 PM
    You asked what I would do. So I'll tell ya.

I don't think I would ever go back to buying a phone on contract. I go through too many devices per year and it simply works out better for me to buy off-contract only. So no, I wouldn't do it.

If for some strange reason, I decided that I did want to get another device on contract, it wouldn't be a BlackBerry anything. Two to three years is an awful long time in the world of technology and the Z30 wasn't exactly cutting edge when it was released. Also, who knows what BlackBerry will be like a year or two from now. The whole situation seems a little risky to me.

But that is only my thoughts and what I would do, ultimately, the decision is yours and you'll need to decide for yourself.
    01-17-14 06:17 PM
    Thanks for all replies so far guys still on.the fence.

Lol what's with all the European posters complaining about the 3 years.

I don't live in Europe what you pay over there is kinda of irrelevant to me.

Unless you wanna by it and ship it to me lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:21 PM
    Three years is two long, you'll be looking for a new phone in a year and you'll be tired into a three year contract. I have been seeing z30's sell around 425.00 on Kijiji. I'd just buy it outright

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:27 PM
    But see that the thing I considered it cause it cost me nothing and bell will buy out the rest of my contract which is 2 years left with rogers.

If I have to 425 for it I might as well just stay with my z10 which I'm happy with.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:34 PM
    Well hold tight cause that's still in the courts and your three year contract with Rogers may be up in one year if they lose their battle with the CRTC about 2 year contract max being retroactive.

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=2f37-03ee
    Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:47 PM
    three years is a very long time for a phone contract - what sort of deal can you get for 12/24 months?
    01-17-14 06:58 PM
    three years is a very long time for a phone contract - what sort of deal can you get for 12/24 months?
    I have to agree. I hate a carrier having that kind of leverage on me.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:00 PM
    You are simply unbelievable with all your subtle obstructionism. What exactly is a high end device to you? Care to give us some examples and elaborate? What do you know about the mobile industry? SMH.
    I had words, but I like yours better.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, wincyUt and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-17-14 07:06 PM
    I had words, but I like yours better.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-17-14 07:09 PM
    Honestly its up to you. I have used every single BB10 device , Z10 (10.5 months), Q10 (1.5 months), Q5 (a couple hours) and Z30 (recently). The Z30 is definitely BlackBerry's best phone to date, that being said, who knows when we will see a successor to the Z30 and if you are willing to wait for that. If you want you can always get the Z30 and ask the carrier to unlock it after i believe 90 days for free and when the new successor comes out you can try to sell the z30 and get the new one for some extra on top of your sale. Personally thats what im going to do, but for the time being i love the Z30 and will stick with it until another 5" successor comes around.
    This is the best advice. Personally, I'd wait for new handset announcements.
    01-17-14 07:48 PM
    Hell yes!

www.mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735 Posted on my Z30
    01-17-14 07:57 PM
    How much is the early termination fee?

Think about it........

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:06 PM
    The ususal first thing to do: Check what monthly fee you would get from a plan that does not include any device, subtract that from what you'll be paying with this plan, and multiply by 36, to see how much those so called $0 really are. :7
    irweezyy likes this.
    01-18-14 07:40 AM
    isn't everything on a 2 year plan now?

especially in canada and the states. Pretty sure they can't sell you a 3 year contract on Bell, it's pretty much illegal for a carrier to do that now at least in canada.

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Products/BlackBerry-Z30 2 year

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Mobile-phones notice they all say 2 year.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...tt=cell+phones all 2 year plans

http://www.tphones.ca/telus-blackberry-and-smartphones/ etc
    01-18-14 09:42 AM
    I wouldn't. The Z30 isn't exactly a high end device to start out with, and by the middle of this year it will probably be obsolete all together.

look at this guy... you must be saying the same thing about 5S which has even worse specs (most of them at least) 64bit chi[p is highly debatable but in almost every computer case 32bit is much better and reliable the 64bit. But I do like that M7 chip because Im into fitness which is the only downside for BB10 for me.

if BB10 can run some apps better then an Android with the "Top Specs" it shows that it's not all about specs.. Test it out yourself using 10.2.1.1925 vs Nexus on Kitkat, other on 4.3 you'll see what i mean. Look how laggy (maybe laggy isn't the word I was looking for: how long it takes pictures to load) instagram is on a S4, HTC One, Nexus 5 then get back to me.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-18-14 10:04 AM
    BlackBerry released it with a year old chipset and a very dim 720p screen on a 5" device at a premium price. Those right there that will really jump out at the consumer. I'm a tech enthusiast but a simple man could figure out that those all don't mix. The Z30 could make a good mid tier device but it wasn't priced accordingly.

01-18-14 10:04 AM
    how long it takes pictures to load) instagram is on a S4, HTC One, Nexus 5 then get back to me.
    Maybe it just takes longer to fill in all those extra pixels

Let's take a look:

BlackBerry Z30: 295 pixels per inch
    HTC One: 468 PPI
    Nexus 5: 445 PPI
    Samsung Galaxy S4: 441PPI

Man, that is a hug difference. Maybe the so called "slower" phones would be faster at loading instagram pictures if they used a gameboy advance screen. Makes me wonder.
    01-18-14 10:24 AM
    The Z30 specs are very competitive to other platforms, you cannot compare specs between devices on a chip by chip bases or feature by feature, it's a bit more comprehensive than this, which makes it difficult to judge on specs alone, what really matters is performance, and the Z30 performs amazingly.

As far as a contract, the best advice would be go off contract, pay upfront, and save in the end.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    01-18-14 11:02 AM
    How much is the early termination fee?

Think about it........

Posted via CB10
    I asked the same thing. For a guy who is looking for suggestions you'd think he would read the replies....

Sent from my LG-D800
    01-18-14 11:06 AM
100 1234