At first I thought i was putting in the wrong password. I went through my 5th attempt and spelled out "blackberry". I stopped on my 8th attempt. I picked it up "wrong" and that was my 9th attempt. I am now getting the warning that on "the data on your device will be erased on the next failed attempt". I have had this Z30 for years, you can imagine the number of contacts and passwords in my keeper. Additional info: screen is cracked, but have been able to use it.
    10-11-18 01:01 PM
    Can you plug into a PC running blackBerry Link and back your data up, before you go any further? I have a feeling though, that you will need the device password in Link to initiate the backup.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-18 04:07 PM
    The PC won't recognize it at all.
    10-11-18 04:08 PM
    You don't need to spell blackberry to wipe your phone since it's a Z series, all you need is your blackberry ID password
    10-12-18 06:33 AM
    Go on the internet (away from phone) and login into blackberry .com with your ID and password. You can do that multiple times without being locked out. I did that until I found out I was actually typing the wrong password
    10-12-18 06:37 AM
    You don't need to spell blackberry to wipe your phone since it's a Z series, all you need is your blackberry ID password
    I may have mispoke earlier. I am not trying to wipe my phone, I don't want to wipe it, but I am on my last attempt. I am sure I have been using the proper password.
    10-12-18 01:25 PM
    Go on the internet (away from phone) and login into blackberry .com with your ID and password. You can do that multiple times without being locked out. I did that until I found out I was actually typing the wrong password
    I have logged into blackberry.com, with my id and password. That password is different than the password I was using for the first screen of my phone.
    10-12-18 01:27 PM
    Thank everyone that have taken the time to respond.
    10-12-18 01:28 PM