I love Toronto. One of the most amazing cities on earth. Everyone needs to spend some time in Toronto

Posted via CB10
    Beautiful place yes but winters are too cold for me hahahaha. Love the summers and the life on the lakes though

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:37 PM
    Beautiful place yes but winters are too cold for me hahahaha. Love the summers and the life on the lakes though

Posted via CB10
    I live near Brantford Ontario. I must admit I love winter

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:56 PM
    Outselling Motorola, windows phones, HTC and Nokia phones. Sales are higher than expected here in northern ontario.

Posted via crackberry app with my Blackberry Z30 running 10.2.1.1055
    And this is supported by what evidence?

I think Kijiji is more popular for phones in this area and since release prices are holding steady and many individuals or small outlets were sold out pretty fast too. This trend is very much unlike the Z10. Initially when I was trying to get one from Rogers and encountered all the red tape it was fairly difficult to even get one.

Posted via CB10
    This is an apples and oranges comparison. Z30 is a limited availability device, small quantities to align with the expected small sales. It can create a perception that the device is doing well and will keep the price higher because of extremely limited availability.

Many major carriers are not and have no plans to even offer the device for sale. Even Rogers has sidelined it to online sales only and isn't promoting it.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    11-18-13 01:07 PM

This is an apples and oranges comparison. Z30 is a limited availability device, small quantities to align with the expected small sales. It creates a perception of "doing well"

Posted via CB10
    As long as it profits the company it is a succes

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:09 PM
    As long as it profits the company it is a succes

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I'm just cautioning against saying that the sales are doing well. Part of the problem with the Z10 devices was that they manufactured devices not based on sell-through projections but based on the channel demand, which was way off from the actual sell through numbers.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:15 PM
    I agree. I'm just cautioning against saying that the sales are doing well. Part of the problem with the Z10 devices was that they manufactured devices not based on sell-through projections but based on the channel demand, which was way off from the actual sell through numbers.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Z10 should have been priced at 500 across the globe at launch. Would have helped tremendously

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:22 PM
    I'm curious to see the adoption. Umber come quarterly earnings

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:49 PM
    Most likely we will never know.... BlackBerry hasn't broken out BBOS vs BB10 sales, much less specific devices.

But the simple fact that almost no one even knows it exists, that BlackBerry isn't doing any advertising that I have seen here in the US. And that out of the carriers that have it, very few stores are stocking it. Don't think it will break any positive sales records.

The real question is with the launch of the Z30, the release of 10.2 and the beginning of the Christmas season and the end of the Back-to-School season, and the discounted Z10's.... Will they break 3.7 million overall devices?
    11-18-13 02:59 PM

This is an apples and oranges comparison. Z30 is a limited availability device, small quantities to align with the expected small sales. It can create a perception that the device is doing well and will keep the price higher because of extremely limited availability.

Many major carriers are not and have no plans to even offer the device for sale. Even Rogers has sidelined it to online sales only and isn't promoting it.

Posted via CB10
    Telus is certainly taking the lead here and they are one of the big three in Canada. Just walk into any Telus store and you will see Z30 front and center

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    London area here, I'm not so much a winter fan. Hate driving to work on the highway in that crap, but last few years we only got like 2 months of snow lol

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:04 PM
    I work at a corporate Verizon store and to my knowledge we have not sold any...but the BB rep came in to see us the day it was released!
    11-18-13 06:31 PM
    I work at a corporate Verizon store and to my knowledge we have not sold any...but the BB rep came in to see us the day it was released!
    You haven't sold any because you haven't made any effort to sell it.....

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and Loc22 like this.
    11-18-13 06:39 PM
    You haven't sold any because you haven't made any effort to sell it.....

Posted via CB10
    I've been off since Friday and it launched Thursday. I have a Q10 myself, so why would I not sell it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    11-18-13 06:43 PM
    I've been off since Friday and it launched Thursday. I have a Q10 myself, so why would I not sell it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Not talking about you specifically. Talking about Verizon as a whole. We always hear stories of sales reps telling people not to be BlackBerrys

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:47 PM
    Not talking about you specifically. Talking about Verizon as a whole. We always hear stories of sales reps telling people not to be BlackBerrys

Posted via CB10
    That is the reps problem. I'm a manager so I don't sell anything anyways but when I was a rep I sold the customer the phone that fit them the best. Maybe I am the only one who would do that and not shove some product they don't want down their throat.....I don't doubt your statement because I know it's happened.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    11-18-13 06:50 PM
    The Z30 is selling decently in India but nothing like the Z10 sold. The Z10 flew off the shelves in February/March. The Z30 isn't available as widely as the Z10 was. Overall it's receiving good reviews. The biggest problem is probably all the negative news about BB in the media and the fact that BB hasn't done any marketing of the Z30 or of any product in a long time. Most people probably don't even know that a new BB has launched in India.
    11-18-13 09:07 PM
    No one even knows this phone was released, practically speaking. There's been pretty much zero marketing.

What do you expect the numbers to be really

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:21 PM
    Yea, no one knows about this fantastic phone, which is a pity

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:35 PM
    Outstanding sales from the sounds of what is available. Sold out in Toronto everywhere I look. Many downtown business users are flocking to it.
    11-18-13 09:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    LoL it's not that cold in Brantford compared to places like Collingwood ;p

I live in Toronto and none of my friends or colleagues knew about the Z30 when I asked them... one coworker told me that "Isn't BlackBerry out of business already? I heard it all over the news". What a clueless lady and I just wanted to b-slap her right there lol

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:39 PM
    LoL it's not that cold in Brantford compared to places like Collingwood ;p

I live in Toronto and none of my friends or colleagues knew about the Z30 when I asked them... one coworker told me that "Isn't BlackBerry out of business already? I heard it all over the news". What a clueless lady and I just wanted to b-slap her right there lol

Posted via CB10
    Lot's starting to know about it....users should be more vocal.
    11-18-13 09:51 PM
    lol i cant wait to see how bad the next quarter's financial results are going to be...gonna be horrendous
    11-18-13 10:09 PM
    Lot's starting to know about it....users should be more vocal.
    It's true but you've gotta have to blame BlackBerry for poor marketing. Unlike us, the average Joe doesn't know how good BB10 is.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:11 PM
    Is it really that bad in other countries? During launched day the first 200 who bought the Z30 will get a z10 for free and the promo ended within 2 hours. 200 Z30 in 2 hours not bad at all I think. I bought mine the second day it was launched in Malaysia and there were other two people getting the Z30 as well. I really thought it was selling better than the Z10

Posted via CB10
    So far, any comments on your Z30?
    The battery life when on 3G/4G?

Posted via CB10
    I bought mine in Singapore and live in Thailand.

I'm running the latest 10.2.1.1055 leak and I'm getting more than 24 hours on a charge and I use my phone a lot.

Today after 27 hours I was at 29%.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    James Blight likes this.
    11-18-13 10:15 PM
    No one here in Spain knows about the Z30, zero marketing.. it's not even avaliable sim free, only on contract with Yoigo, it sucks as I want it unlocked...

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    xxh likes this.
    11-19-13 06:41 AM
182 12345 ...