Actually very far from your place ,in India actually Z30 is not selling ,even biggest of mobile retail shops are selling 1-2 in month and that is very bad indeed.
    Blackberry is doing nothing here to up their game,mind you i am telling you about Delhi ,in other tier two cities they even dont know what Z30 is???
    11-29-13 01:50 PM
    For me, it doesn't affect it in the least. I did my research, had experience with the other 3 major platforms, and knew the Z30 was what I wanted.

I have not been disappointed. Actually, it has exceeded my expectations.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    Hope you enjoy your z30

Posted via CB10
    trbowser05 likes this.
    11-29-13 02:16 PM
    If the number is one device or five million, how does this effect your experience or opinion in BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't affect my personal preference. Larger numbers would help devs embrace the platform allowing for my experience to be that much better

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 02:19 PM
    The Z30 was probably in write off mode on launch day, no need to waste money on advertising for a DOA product and when the company was for sale. Consider the much lower number of units that would have been produced compared to the Z10, there probably isn't enough product to even support a big advertising campaign. The primary consumers who will be buying them are the already long standing diehard BB users, advertising isn't required to sell to us.
    Compare with the launches of the newest gaming consoles, PlayStation last week and Xbox this weekend, each of those will likely have sold more units over the first 3 days, than the BB will sell of Z30's ... in forever.

The new BlackBerry team is in a pretty tough spot to maintain the brand. It seems like they are going to be relying heavily on BB10 OS updates to get the existing BB10 phones seamlessly compatible with Android apps. Then hope that will lead to selling off the remaining inventory of phones, using that as a base to keep the brand alive and keep building the OS awareness and capability within the Android user ranks, before possibly launching a new BB10 phone sometime later in 2014.
    This is a good take on things. I don't really have anything else to add as I've already expressed my sentiment earlier in this thread.

Price just dropped $0 dollars at Bell Canada on the two plan !!! the phone is AWSOME !!! I've had it for a month now and can't put it down !!! Go get if your on the fence in Canda/Toronto
    Why do people post this type of stuff all the time? You're still locked into a contract for 2 years...how is that a deal? $200-$300 would be a "deal". Getting a phone for "free" and then having to shell out $2000 to the carriers over two years for a measly data plan is not a deal.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-30-13 11:32 AM
    This is a good take on things. I don't really have anything else to add as I've already expressed my sentiment earlier in this thread.

Why do people post this type of stuff all the time? You're still locked into a contract for 2 years...how is that a deal? $200-$300 would be a "deal". Getting a phone for "free" and then having to shell out $2000 to the carriers over two years for a measly data plan is not a deal.

Posted via CB10
    If you aren't going to leave your carrier does it matter?
    12-01-13 01:38 PM
    Sadly were not even getting the z30 in store. We only had the z10 for 2 months and I sold a lot of them, 40 or so if I recall counting att and verizon. Sadly I guess the company as a whole didn't do as well with them. The issue is the reps don't give the phone a chance. What really helped drive sales was the fact that my BlackBerry rep hooked me up with a z10. People buy what you have most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    rdaex likes this.
    12-01-13 05:56 PM
    A product can be sold. I think advertisement is important but not essential in this case.

Perhaps if BlackBerry can run a competition for all the sales person in all the telco's or phone vendors out there. Eg. Pay say $10 for every BlackBerry phone sold directly to the sales person. All they have to do is to go onto Blackberry's website & register the sale. Then this will increase with every say 10 units sold by that sales person.

Then offer a special prize for the top sales person on a monthly basis.

Posted via CB10
    They have done this, in fact it was 15 dollars actually.
    12-01-13 07:13 PM
    Actually very far from your place ,in India actually Z30 is not selling ,even biggest of mobile retail shops are selling 1-2 in month and that is very bad indeed.
    Blackberry is doing nothing here to up their game,mind you i am telling you about Delhi ,in other tier two cities they even dont know what Z30 is???
    Have you seen the Z30 in stock at too many retailers in Delhi? In Mumbai, most don't have stock and are not even able to order it for delivery in a day or two. I've seen that shops typically stock the 9220, 9720 & Q5 and are willing to order the Q10 for delivery the same day or the next day but for some reason claim that the Z30 or the Z10 isn't available from their supplier.
    12-02-13 05:33 AM
    I've been trying to do the same with my reps in my market. Problem is, I didn't get the job until like august and the damage had already been done.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:44 PM
    Your verizon store can order it. It's not online only. Explain to them that you would like to buy it from them, and if not, you'll be glad to order it from a indirect dealer nearby. Good luck man, it really is an excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:49 PM
    Kind of ridiculous in the United States. Z30 is Verizon exclusive, but stores only have demo unit. It's only being offered direct to fulfillment through online, phone, or in store orders. BlackBerry loyalists will order and wait. But there are some people who shop with the intention of leaving with a phone and are easily flipped to a different device.

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    Yeah its not doing very good In the states. I went into a verizon store last week and the associate didn't even know what the Z30 was? I was pretty shocked.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:55 PM
    It's probably selling as well as a turtle can run fast.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:22 PM
    I have yet to touch a functional Z30 yet. I have been to the Telus Store in Parkland Mall in Red Deer AB severial times. The first time I was told their shipment had not come in. The second time the sales rep said he did not reconment BB and I said I didn't ask you that, do you have one? yes but it's not charged come back another time. The Third visit the demo phone was gone??? and I could only see one in a box BUT could not power it up. My next BB WILL NOT be coming from that store.
    12-02-13 07:47 PM
    Its too bad too, the phone is good. I really enjoy using it... if only the company hadnt screwed the pooch
    12-03-13 07:13 PM
    My VZW rep told me the z30 was selling online only and not in-store based on the z10 not moving as many units as they projected. I paid for mine Saturday and was so happy to see the FedEx guy yesterday lol. This phone is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:26 AM
    They don't know what they missing . Battery and call quality is pretty awesome .
    12-04-13 08:40 AM
    If you aren't going to leave your carrier does it matter?
    Because at the end of the day you are still locked into a contract. If something goes wrong, you cannot leave. If you device breaks, you cannot get a replacement unless you go out and buy your own. There are lots of reasons why even when you aren't wanting to leave your carrier buying on contract is a bad idea. Being locked into a service term is rarely a good idea. Z30 is already behind the curve technology-wise. In two years it will be so far behind it won't be funny. Why get tied into a contract for such a device?
    12-04-13 01:10 PM
    Because at the end of the day you are still locked into a contract. If something goes wrong, you cannot leave. If you device breaks, you cannot get a replacement unless you go out and buy your own. There are lots of reasons why even when you aren't wanting to leave your carrier buying on contract is a bad idea. Being locked into a service term is rarely a good idea. Z30 is already behind the curve technology-wise. In two years it will be so far behind it won't be funny. Why get tied into a contract for such a device?
    No, the Z30 really isn't behind the curve technology-wise. Unless you're a spec sheet junkie and consider all phones that don't have octo-core CPUs and 4 GB of RAM to be behind the curve.

For me, it's not about the specs, it's about the overall experience. Performance-wise, the Z30 can hold its own against the competition. I consider my Z30 to be an upgrade from my iPhone 5 in nearly every way.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    Doolittle2 likes this.
    12-04-13 01:40 PM
    This report from BGR doesn't sound good, but it sounds like its talking about the US mostly, can't expect much else from tech blogs these days.

"BlackBerry’s high-profile Z10 and Q10 launches were not received particularly well by consumers or enterprise users. According to a recent report, BlackBerry’s U.S. market share plummeted to just 1.1% despite its Z10 and Q10 launches.Compounding matters, sources speaking with BGR have suggested that the company’s latest smartphone, the BlackBerry Z30, is not helping the situation at all.

“It’s the slowest BlackBerry launch ever,” a well-placed source who asked not to be identified told BGR. “Actually, it’s probably the slowest launch of any smartphone I can remember, period.”

BlackBerry’s Z30 debuted last month at Verizon Wireless for $199.99 on contract, which is a very fair price for a handset that falls into the phablet category. Key specs include a 5-inch Super AMOLED display, a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, microSDXC support, an 8-megapixel camera and the new BlackBerry 10.2 operating system. But despite the phone’s decent specs, Verizon subscribers seem unwilling to invest in a BlackBerry handset while the company’s future remains uncertain."

BlackBerry Strategy: BlackBerry’s fate rests in Chen’s hands | BGR
    12-04-13 02:14 PM
    They hardly have any unit of z30 in indonesia . Was 2nd bb user in the world or maybe first ..

The prices of bb hardware crashed and vendor refuse to stock them or promote them in fear of price drop. Many had turned to galaxy !!!! No promotion at all for z30. I passed by bb booth couple weeks back and still no z 30 . They more interest with cheap android called oppo . Or lg . There is some Internet forum selling z 30 at 600 usd or so

The worst for bb had yet to come ..

Focus on a qwerty flagship and good android implementation might just save them , too early to tell how good the runtime will work .. Many of my friends is totally upset that z10 became junk now in prices . All complain battery don't last half a day ! Stupid implementation yadda yadda . So I doubt anyone have faith to own another bb
    12-05-13 08:43 AM
    They hardly have any unit of z30 in indonesia . Was 2nd bb user in the world or maybe first ..

The prices of bb hardware crashed and vendor refuse to stock them or promote them in fear of price drop. Many had turned to galaxy !!!! No promotion at all for z30. I passed by bb booth couple weeks back and still no z 30 . They more interest with cheap android called oppo . Or lg . There is some Internet forum selling z 30 at 600 usd or so

The worst for bb had yet to come ..

Focus on a qwerty flagship and good android implementation might just save them , too early to tell how good the runtime will work .. Many of my friends is totally upset that z10 became junk now in prices . All complain battery don't last half a day ! Stupid implementation yadda yadda . So I doubt anyone have faith to own another bb
    Same here in Holland - No operator sells the Z30. I thinking it's exclusive as one just start selling it.
    12-05-13 08:52 AM

Qwerty is dead. There is no point to sacrifice the footprint now that they have developed such a good onscreen kb and ultra intuitive ui. All they need to do to save themselves is get people to play with a z30.

I had faith and I was right. I am in love with the z30 even more than when I first got the 9900. The dev backing has also improved substantially.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:42 AM
    Qwerty is bb strength and they have their own market segments by themselves , i think sizable market . Especially older people LolZ

While the z have to compete with the rest of the spec world . I'm not saying not to produce z but to focus more on q for now
    12-05-13 11:02 AM
    Qwerty is dead. There is no point to sacrifice the footprint now that they have developed such a good onscreen kb and ultra intuitive ui. All they need to do to save themselves is get people to play with a z30.

I had faith and I was right. I am in love with the z30 even more than when I first got the 9900. The dev backing has also improved substantially.

Is not dead... if it was dead, there wouldn't be so many users still rocking OS7... I would say that it's out of fashion
    12-05-13 06:50 PM
    Is not dead... if it was dead, there wouldn't be so many users still rocking OS7... I would say that it's out of fashion
    I meant dead as in moving forward in development. Or dead like the spacebar on my 9900 that enters periods every third word to the point where I aounded like captain kirk.

12-05-13 09:22 PM
182 ... 5678