Golly gee me too, I would have liked to get the z30 instead of the z10 - so now I'm gonna do it instead of analyzing the past ten months of product rollout. What a concept! Live in the present and live in the future.

No use crying over spilt milk. What happened is over. Don't tell us you don't have money. These devices are low cost compared to what they perform. Spend less on cars.
    Golly gee...good for you!

Good for you that you can afford to buy a Z30, then you are lucky. I cannot. As a customer I just expressed the fact that I wish I had had the choice a few months ago when I bought the Z10, to have had the Z30 as an option also...

No wonder BlackBerry can't keep its customers..golly gee...brainfart...golly gee...

Cartman says: Screw you guys, I'm going home!
    Sportscallion likes this.
    11-22-13 01:59 PM
    My local Verizon store just notched another Z30 sale. I was just there and played with the Q10 and Z10 on display. I asked if they had a Z30 I could look at. The guy said they had a display model that they hadn't put out yet and went and got it for me. As soon as I saw it I was like "wow". I played with it for 30 seconds and was hooked, so I ordered one.

My wife gets my iPhone 5, and I get the glorious Z30.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    Doolittle2 likes this.
    11-22-13 02:07 PM
    I bought mine 2 days ago on Telstra (Melbourne), and there were just 4 units left. Here sales are going pretty well!
    11-22-13 06:07 PM
    none of the minimum wagers at The Source in Canada knew what I was talking about when I called around last month to ask about the release date.
    This month they told me it was no good and I should just get the new Nexus.
    Doesn't matter anyway because I'm on Virgin Mobile and they don't offer the Z30.
    So pissed off.
    Was really hoping to get one but I'm a student and can't afford to purchase it cash.
    11-22-13 10:44 PM
    same for me
    11-22-13 10:46 PM
    Is it really that bad in other countries? During launched day the first 200 who bought the Z30 will get a z10 for free and the promo ended within 2 hours. 200 Z30 in 2 hours not bad at all I think. I bought mine the second day it was launched in Malaysia and there were other two people getting the Z30 as well. I really thought it was selling better than the Z10

Posted via CB10
    That's an awesome promotion. I wish I could be one of those people! Getting a free Z10!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:46 PM
    Kind of ridiculous in the United States. Z30 is Verizon exclusive, but stores only have demo unit. It's only being offered direct to fulfillment through online, phone, or in store orders. BlackBerry loyalists will order and wait. But there are some people who shop with the intention of leaving with a phone and are easily flipped to a different device.

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-22-13 11:08 PM
    Kind of ridiculous in the United States. Z30 is Verizon exclusive, but stores only have demo unit. It's only being offered direct to fulfillment through online, phone, or in store orders. BlackBerry loyalists will order and wait. But there are some people who shop with the intention of leaving with a phone and are easily flipped to a different device.

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    Very true, it is a shame that big dog wanted to play like that. Could've stocked a few here and there, and at the end of the day if they need them at a store nearby you can recommend that option. Also if they don't care, then they can buy it online. It's all good though, it will come sooner or later to T-Mobile & AT&T. Though, it is getting a little late, it still isn't nearly outdated yet. Especially with the big updates still to come.
    11-22-13 11:18 PM
    We haven't sold any at all, even though I've been showing them to customers. I'm surprised, actually, since we sold a lot of Z10 at the start....

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk
    11-22-13 11:50 PM
    At expansys is cheaper. At Sefridges was 500 Pounds. These at fnac Portugal, expansys and Sefridges are unlocked so can be used everywhere.

Proud user of Z30 and Q10
    11-23-13 08:00 AM
    When will the Z30 be available in Spain?

Posted via CB Q10
    In fact , is available in exclusive with yoigo. I hope , Vodafone and Orange sell the phone for christmas because I really want one.

Now I have Iphone 4S because my lumia was stolen from me last month. I like iOS but Windows phone has a long way to go.
    akabbani likes this.
    11-23-13 09:34 AM
    I live near Brantford Ontario. I must admit I love winter

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully not too close to Brantford lol, I just moved out of there after 10 years to Paris

Posted by my awesome Z10 running 10.2
    11-23-13 09:38 AM
    Toronto area but two friends in the States now have Z30 and one more on T-Mobile wants one, but waiting on what I don't know lol. She was going to have me ship one from here but still not sure.

Posted via CB10
    She's probably waiting on TMO to support wi-fi calling on 10.2+.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:08 PM
    FYI. You can get a Z30 for $99 with Verizon with a 2 year contract on Amazon. Also if you call Verizon customer service I believe you can still get individual plan: 2gb data and unlimited talk and text for $68/month including tax. That's my plan now.

Z30 STA100-3 v 10.2.1.1055
    11-23-13 12:16 PM
    Might not be selling so well but you can bet they won't have 1 billion $ worth of Z30s sitting unsold....

Posted via CB10
    Because after seeing by how damn much they overestimated the demand for the Z10, they surely did limit the supply by a far margin, compared to their other phone.

I mean seriously, BlackBerry didn't even launch the Z30 correctly and if I would have to say anything about their advertisement strategy, it won't be friendly.
    Heck, these donks at BlackBerry even decided that they can launch the Z30 for higher prices than what the whole competition demands for smartphones with more or less 5 inches, even though the hardware clearly is inferior.
    If I include the ecosystem and app catalogue, it just gets even more embarrassing...

The whole strategical approach towards this phone, has yet again been abysmal...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:24 PM
    Heck, these donks at BlackBerry even decided that they can launch the Z30 for higher prices than what the whole competition demands for smartphones with more or less 5 inches, even though the hardware clearly is inferior.
    If I include the ecosystem and app catalogue, it just gets even more embarrassing...
    I'm not disagreeing with the overall sentiment of your post. The non-existent marketing of the Z30 is indeed embarrassing.

But hardware and apps are just 2 aspects of the entire experience for any smartphone. To suggest that the Z30 is not worth the price is a purely subjective statement. It was worth it to me.
    howards likes this.
    11-23-13 12:41 PM
    Outselling Motorola, windows phones, HTC and Nokia phones. Sales are higher than expected here in northern ontario.
    Did you just make this up?

I haven't seen one ad for the Z30. Not one print ad, TV ad or online ad. No radio advertising. Nothing. And I live an hour away from BBRY headquarters.

I'm honestly sorry to say this, but BBRY fans should get ready for a sickening shock when Z30 sales numbers come through.
    11-23-13 12:59 PM
    I'm not disagreeing with the overall sentiment of your post. The non-existent marketing of the Z30 is indeed embarrassing.

But hardware and apps are just 2 aspects of the entire experience for any smartphone. To suggest that the Z30 is not worth the price is a purely subjective statement. It was worth it to me.
    I made the exact same argument 9 months ago when the Z10 launched.
    That we can't say if the phone is worth its price, because it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

This was in february though, and thanks to the time span in between, we now know with the help of aggregated market data, that a vast majority of consumers aren't willing to pay the price BlackBerry demands for its phones.
    This is not subjective anymore, when BlackBerry has a marketshare of 1.5% with BB10 phones only being a part of these 1.5%

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 01:09 PM
    Did you just make this up?

I haven't seen one ad for the Z30. Not one print ad, TV ad or online ad. No radio advertising. Nothing. And I live an hour away from BBRY headquarters.

I'm honestly sorry to say this, but BBRY fans should get ready for a sickening shock when Z30 sales numbers come through.
    There was a show sponsored by Blackberry on CBC and they showed the Z30, Z10 and Q10. I forget what it was but it was last night or the night before. I'm in Ontario, Canada.
    11-23-13 01:35 PM
    There was a show sponsored by Blackberry on CBC and they showed the Z30, Z10 and Q10. I forget what it was but it was last night or the night before. I'm in Ontario, Canada.
    Exactly. If the advertising we need to cite is 'a show sponsored by Blackberry on CBC', it shows you where the advertising effort is at.

No print ads, no billboard ads, no online ads, no street level ads. I'm not even saying they don't exist. But the fact that I'm looking for them and can't see any shows you how many exist.

Sorry, no matter how you spin it, there's no advertising for this phone. And I will double down on the prediction that Z30 sales numbers won't disappoint, they will shock.
    11-23-13 01:46 PM
    A product can be sold. I think advertisement is important but not essential in this case.

Perhaps if BlackBerry can run a competition for all the sales person in all the telco's or phone vendors out there. Eg. Pay say $10 for every BlackBerry phone sold directly to the sales person. All they have to do is to go onto Blackberry's website & register the sale. Then this will increase with every say 10 units sold by that sales person.

Then offer a special prize for the top sales person on a monthly basis.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 02:16 PM
    There's more to it than only the Amount of marketing... it has also a lot to do with the Quality of the marketing... look at apple, they don't make a lot of advertising, but the advertising they do is clever and everybody understands...

Apple understands the Consumer way better than any other company, and that's why apple consumers buy apple... for example:
    While a lot of manufacturers talk about their screens, with X size by Y size, and have XXX PPI of resolution, and they are AMOLED, or SUPERLED or all that geeky stuff.... Apple all sums it up with the workd "RETINA" because everybody can associate the word retina... So Apple sells their Hi-res screes with "retina" wich is much easier to understand for example to my mom.... All apple products are easy to understand, so everybody, even non-geeks, understand that they are buying good stuff
    11-23-13 02:28 PM
    So true although Microsoft has been trying to do just that for years but their naming always seems somewhat corny. Apple seems to hit it on the nail almost every time.

Although if blackberry is going to target business customers instead, there may be not much of a need to spend marketing time naming or consumer advertising.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 04:41 PM
    That is the reps problem. I'm a manager so I don't sell anything anyways but when I was a rep I sold the customer the phone that fit them the best. Maybe I am the only one who would do that and not shove some product they don't want down their throat.....I don't doubt your statement because I know it's happened.
    I wish more store reps do that because many reps push people away from BlackBerry with the statement "They are going out of business" When a press release states that then they have the right to say that. I know personally I had to trade to 3 AT&T stores to buy my Z10 on the day it was released with the other 2 stores saying they didn't get the shipment. That inexcusable on the day a device is released. That would never happen with a iPhone release.

Posted Via CB10 From My AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    11-23-13 05:06 PM
    BlackBerry is doing a worse job advertising the Z30 then with the Z10 and Q10. I at least seen a few commercials for those. I haven't seen one for the Z30. Has anyone seen a single commercial for the Z30? If one even exists...
    I hope Mr. Chen wakes up or fires the marketing team as they have been sleeping for too long

Posted Via CB10 From My AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    11-23-13 05:10 PM
182 ... 34567 ...