Go to Portugal and buy one at fnac. I think that on Expedia you also buy one unlocked.

Proud user of Z30 and Q10
    11-19-13 02:36 PM
    In the Netherlands the price goes up since the last two days. The highest price was 599 euro and goes up to 679 euro.

The delivery time was first 2-4 days and now more then 7 days.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by whatsever; 11-20-13 at 01:37 AM.
    11-19-13 03:40 PM
    The store I bought mine at hadn't seen or even heard of the phone. Not many Rogers reps even know the phone exists.
    But the good news is I saw a Z10 being purchased while I was there
    I went to a Telus store and gave the staff there a demo of my z30.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30 (STA100-5 / 10.2.1.1055)
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-19-13 05:24 PM
    No one even knows this phone was released, practically speaking. There's been pretty much zero marketing.

What do you expect the numbers to be really

Posted via CB10
    I opened my browser the other day and saw a beautiful high rez image of the Z30 with a catchy phrase about productivity beside it and thought "yes, finally, an ad about this awesome device!"

Then I realized I was on blackberry.com.

11-19-13 05:27 PM
    I went to a Telus store and gave the staff there a demo of my z30.

Atta boy
    11-19-13 09:48 PM
    At the Eaton centre in Montreal, all the carriers have a store. I hit them all this evening. They all knew the z30 and they knew the various ways to get one.

I'm considering buying one from the Telus store, with a BlackBerry case (flip case that replaces the back panel of the phone). That's about $737 when local sales taxes are included. If I keep it on the Telus network for three months they promise to unlock it for $35 after three months.
    11-19-13 10:03 PM
    The z30 should have left the stores with a OS like the 10.2.1, The reviews would be so much better since most reviewers only complain about the lack of apps...
    11-19-13 10:08 PM
    It's hard to say how they are selling. The device seem to be getting very good reviews. BlackBerry was burned on the Z10 production, so this run was much smaller. BlackBerry is in regrouping mode. At T-Mobile here in Las Vegas the salesmen were all interested in seeing it and one guy wanted to upgrade from his Q10. This is easily BlackBerry's best device. I think their game plan at thus point is to make inroads into their original market, without losing too much money, and then work from there.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:12 AM
    just delete message
    Last edited by whatsever; 11-20-13 at 05:40 AM.
    11-20-13 01:39 AM
    Go to Portugal and buy one at fnac. I think that on Expedia you also buy one unlocked.

Proud user of Z30 and Q10
    ...669?. I wonder why it is so expensive compared to UK for instance. If I buy it from UK or Germany will it fully work in spain?

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    11-20-13 07:37 AM
    The z30 should have left the stores with a OS like the 10.2.1, The reviews would be so much better since most reviewers only complain about the lack of apps...
    Software is ready when it's ready.... you can't rush a OS update and cause buggy mess.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:50 AM
    Software is ready when it's ready.... you can't rush a OS update and cause buggy mess.

Posted via CB10
    Chicken and egg? Release buggy phone with older OS or release buggy phone with leaked OS? Either way, it's not good. I'm not saying the 30 is buggy but there seems to be some complaints.
    11-20-13 08:02 AM
    Chicken and egg? Release buggy phone with older OS or release buggy phone with leaked OS? Either way, it's not good. I'm not saying the 30 is buggy but there seems to be some complaints.
    There are complaints about every device on the market. You just have to choose a device that has drawbacks and quirks you are willing to live with.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-20-13 08:11 AM
    I bought one and I'm the only person who even asked at my Verizon store. With them being only on Verizon and not in the stores with little to no marketing they aren't going to sell in the US. The only people who buy them are fans of BlackBerry.
    11-20-13 09:06 AM
    If boulben doesnt lose his job after this holiday season i dont know what to say about BlackBerry claiming to still be in it. Seriously you have a new flagship phone and there is zero us presence in terms of advertising during the busiest shopping season in the WORLD...

I get it one carrier has it and thats it. Put it on yoyr website for sale then....

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    11-20-13 10:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know... of course BB would have sold it with 10.2.1 if they could, but if the OS was ready sooner, it probably had made a better impact.
    11-20-13 01:56 PM
    I know... of course BB would have sold it with 10.2.1 if they could, but if the OS was ready sooner, it probably had made a better impact.
    Actually I think it would of made little difference simply because the marketing does not highlight any existence of a android player.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:12 PM
    I'm very curious to know quarterly numbers. Hope we hit 5 million bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:44 AM
    I'll go back to what I said before. I think that BlackBerry made a mistake by releasing the Z30 last. I think they should released the Z10 and Z30 first, second the Q10 and last the Q5.

I like my Z10. It does what I need it to do as I expected to do, most of the time. Now that I have six months of usage to look back on, it is a capable phone, reasonably reliable, ever since the 10.2 OS update, it's noticeably more sluggish with a myriad of issues I did not face before. It is an allright phone, not a great one. But given I don't like much of the other available choices, especially the Apple and Android crap, BlackBerry was pretty much the only other sensible option. A Nokia Windows phone might be a more realistic one next.

So as a customer I'd like to have had the choice to get the Z30 instead of the Z10. But now there is no way I'm going to upgrade twice in a year. First I don't have the money to do so, having purchased the Z10 at full price, and the unavailability of the Z30 and the whole process one has to go through to obtain it, let alone use it is ridiculous.

The Z30 is getting slaughtered because it was released as an afterthought instead of an anchor device. Who would want to invest in a costly device from a company whose future is uncertain at best?

And as many, many, many people have said before, marketing, marketing, marketing!

Cartman says: Screw you guys, I'm going home!
    11-21-13 09:15 AM
    Who would want to invest in a costly device from a company whose future is uncertain at best?
    Me. I've used the other three platforms extensively. They are great media consumption devices, but mediocre or lousy communication devices.

BlackBerry still comes closest to my ideal, which is why I plan to own a BB10 device by the end of the month.

xhead75 and Doolittle2 like this.
    11-21-13 11:34 AM
    Me. I've used the other three platforms extensively. They are great media consumption devices, but mediocre or lousy communication devices.

BlackBerry still comes closest to my ideal, which is why I plan to own a BB10 device by the end of the month.

You won't be disappointed. The graphics are fabulous, the speed is great on apps once the OS settles down. It is not hard to load the leaked. 1055. Best phone I have ever owned. (Day 3 experience)

Z30 STA100-3 v 10.2.1.1055
    digi_ice and anon(6038817) like this.
    11-21-13 12:39 PM
    When will the Z30 be available in Spain?

Posted via CB Q10
    xxh likes this.
    11-21-13 01:44 PM
    I like my Z10. It does what I need it to do as I expected ...
    Apple and Android crap... A Nokia Windows phone might be a more...
    ... I'd like to have had the choice to get the Z30 instead of the Z10. But now there is no way I'm going to upgrade twice in a year. First I don't have the money to do so...
    The Z30 ... was released as an afterthought instead of an anchor device. Who would want to invest in a costly device ...
    Golly gee me too, I would have liked to get the z30 instead of the z10 - so now I'm gonna do it instead of analyzing the past ten months of product rollout. What a concept! Live in the present and live in the future.

No use crying over spilt milk. What happened is over. Don't tell us you don't have money. These devices are low cost compared to what they perform. Spend less on cars.
    11-21-13 11:31 PM
    I had the same concern. I took the plunge anyways (Z30 2 days ago) because I take risks sometimes when I see something I think is worth having and I'm glad I did. This thing is beautiful, fast and intuitive. Also, from 6:30am-lunch I had used like a pixel of battery life. It's 12:30am now and I still have 40% and the wi-fi has been running for 6hrs mostly watching hockey fights on youtube.

I am coming off 9900 and was worried about losing my beloved keyboard shortcuts but I find that everything just seems to fall into place with this os. Everyone I work with wants it now. Especially the iPhone guys. They loved the on screen keyboard on it. I don't think BlackBerry is going anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 11:50 PM
    Verizon released it last week and I still have failed to see one Z30 commercial. When the Z & Q 10's were released I seen maybe a handful of commercial's. I heard some Verizon stores won't even have displays out and with them being the only US carrier selling it I doubt it is selling well. I wish at least the other major carrier AT&T would sell it. I hope Chen will wake up that marketing department as they have been asleep for way too long
    11-22-13 10:07 AM
182 ... 23456 ...