04-06-14 12:39 PM
111 ... 2345
tools
    They'll be lucky to get 250k activated in the 1st qtr of going on sale. Shipments will of course be high but that's not a relevant number. If they get any higher, i'll be massively surprised.

With 25 hours of battery life, i think they've got a "huge" differentiator. Cant get my head around why they wouldn't want to go all out aggressively marketing it. Battery life is the biggest gripe for all touch phones, and this one seems to stand out (on the face of t). BB management seems to have lost the mojo to fight incrementally.

Just go with a high visibility marketing campaign, and sell mostly online. Make it a point to highlight that it's available online, and maybe some local retailers depending on countries they decide to walk that path. It's no rocket science!
    10-06-13 03:10 AM
    It won't sell until people start hearing about BlackBerry in a positive context. Someone not into phones won't think twice about BlackBerry just because of all the crap they were hearing.

I jumped ship from Android and am loving my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 03:15 AM
    none, zero in Turkey.
    10-06-13 06:34 AM
    I am a developer and I got app purchase from z30 already. The first purchase is from Russia! It looks like z30 is exceeding expectation.
    10-06-13 06:46 AM
    A lot

Posted via Harry
    10-06-13 08:11 AM
    Depends...

Post via CB Z10
    10-06-13 08:15 AM
    Not even a million

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 08:18 AM
    They'll be lucky to get 250k activated in the 1st qtr of going on sale. Shipments will of course be high but that's not a relevant number. If they get any higher, i'll be massively surprised.

With 25 hours of battery life, i think they've got a "huge" differentiator. Cant get my head around why they wouldn't want to go all out aggressively marketing it. Battery life is the biggest gripe for all touch phones, and this one seems to stand out (on the face of t). BB management seems to have lost the mojo to fight incrementally.

Just go with a high visibility marketing campaign, and sell mostly online. Make it a point to highlight that it's available online, and maybe some local retailers depending on countries they decide to walk that path. It's no rocket science!
    Marketing costs money, something bbry isn't willing to, or in a position to spend.
    10-06-13 08:23 AM
    A million per quarter.
    10-06-13 10:51 AM
    Probably several hundred in the UK.

Nobody has any.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-06-13 01:42 PM
    Probably several hundred in the UK.

Nobody has any.

A UK Z10 Owner
    What he said
    10-06-13 03:29 PM
    250,000 or less

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 04:03 PM
    I think a lot. My Z10 has mostly replaced my PlayBook and IPad. The extra screen real estate would make it much easier to carry only one device. Fits easily into a suit pocket. So all one needs for business is the Z30 and a laptop.

Posted via CB10
    mas_quemex and Hup55 like this.
    10-06-13 04:41 PM
    10-27-13 12:39 AM
    I think this could be one of those sleeper hits by word of mouth.

Zero advertising I admit on the consumer side, but on the business side (which I would imagine is their prosumer thing) we wouldn't get to see.

I digress, I think it may be a sleeper hit (steady decent sales) as I am finding a lot of people that are definitely not BlackBerry fan boys taking to me about the new amazing BlackBerry phone out there and how cool it is. Which was the motivation for me to check one out.

Likewise I also think the z30 wil be pushed heavily to corporate buyers and there will be interest there.

Maybe the lack of consumer focus might just make BlackBerry cool to get again.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:41 AM
    All my business contacts agree. It's too big.
    10-27-13 06:47 AM
    I care not how many Z30s are sold. I just want on in unicorn white.
    10-27-13 06:49 AM
    500,000 unit until December 2013

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-27-13 07:44 AM
    35k-50k (sold here in the U.S). You can get the moto x for next to nothing, the iPhone 5s (especially the gold) will probably be the must have device for the next couple of months, not to mention the note III. The z30 will flop hard (not because it's a bad device), due to the level of competition. A lot of young adults will be getting smartphones for the first time this year, and a lot of them will choose Apple, Samsung, and Motorola. Bbm4all is the icing on the cake, unless you prefer a device with an inferior ecosystem.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-27-13 08:01 AM
    I know I still want one but I know I'll be holding back if it is overpriced (and wait to get one for cheaper). That isn't something BB can afford right now. Take a page from Nokia if they have to and sell them cheap or at a loss even and make the revenue back in other ways.
    Can not agree with you more. If it is over priced I will be waiting. Blackberry does not have the Star Power that it used too with the masses and eager people going out to buy their new device. They need to sell them at very attractive prices, get the devices out there and get early adopters to showoff the device.

I will be waiting too if the prices is out of this world. Roger's, lets go and get some pricing out! LOL
    10-27-13 08:25 AM
    Have you tried one in a store? I thought so too but it actually is a great size. Feels much better in the hand then the Z10. Why, I have no idea. I am also in a suit everyday and I usually keep my phone in my pocket or my suit jacket. I asked the store if I could try it out and it is not bulky whatsoever. I think this is one, if not the best phone Blackberry has built. My girlfriend however found it very big. She is very small and even the z10 was big for her. So she is sticking with the iPhone.
    10-27-13 08:30 AM
    It really is a shame BlackBerry is not really advertising this device for those whom say it's too big it's not that much bigger than the Z10. I own both,i'm not a big guy my hands are not that big though it fits comfy for me. I myself hope they sell a lot,but we all know without advertising it's going to be a hard sell.

From my amazing Z10
    10-27-13 08:38 AM
    Add one more to the count. I picked one up today.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:30 PM
    Z30 sales will be less than the Z10 sales.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-27-13 07:06 PM
    I kinda have to wonder myself on this. Let's not forget that Thorsten himself talked briefly about the Z30 shortly after the Z10 launched, possibly causing many to take a wait-and-see approach. Some saw the Z30 coming and chose either another platform or to pick up a Z10. Others saw the leaks and, like yours truly, said "yeah, this is the phone for me."

Personally, I would love to see this phone be a major hit, but at this point it is going to have to spread by word of mouth like some have said here. It really is a great phone! But even the launch / announcement was so quiet that unless you were watching for it, you didn't hear about it much if at all. The carriers themselves may or may not push these devices much, though the recent price drop of both the Z-series phones on Telus would tell me that at least they may want to get these phones moving and into the market some.

If I had to put an actual guess down, I would guesstimate around 500k to 1M but we will see. I'm not a betting man or a psychic so don't hold me to those numbers. :P

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    10-28-13 08:08 AM
111 ... 2345