Bberry,plz. just keep pure and focus on what u r good at,such as security, stable system,excellent speaker and the unique features!

In my opinion, i never wanted and hoped the android apk can be used on my BB. i dont care the richness of apps, i do care ure pure and noble blood.

Bberry is bberry rather than android or apple. be urself plz!

how many of you have the similare thought like me ?

give me five yeah!
    11-19-13 01:02 AM
    Honestly, I like the fact that I can install apk's directly and have some android apps with my blackberry experience. That said, not all android apps work on Blackberry, and for me apps is pretty huge. Not a big fan of the fact that I have to keep updating the app manually. The apks are good in that finally I can use the starbucks app and apps like vine. I do care alot about apps, to me thats what makes owning a phone fun. Texting, Calling, Camera, well yeah everyone can do that. I think the Hub is pretty unbeatable but yeah apps are good, and finally OTA means it's even easier, but still have to manually update.
    PS: Not sure why you put this in the z30 section
    FastLane228, Mecca EL and Traugs like this.
    11-19-13 01:16 AM
    If BlackBerry kept BB10 "pure and noble", they'd already be shutting down.

I don't care how much you like it, this cross-platform capability is what's going to keep BlackBerry alive. Stop whining.
    miketko, Mel25, jpvj and 53 others like this.
    11-19-13 01:18 AM
    Honestly, I like the fact that I can install apk's directly and have some android apps with my blackberry experience. That said, not all android apps work on Blackberry, and for me apps is pretty huge. Not a big fan of the fact that I have to keep updating the app manually. The apks are good in that finally I can use the starbucks app and apps like vine. I do care alot about apps, to me thats what makes owning a phone fun. Texting, Calling, Camera, well yeah everyone can do that. I think the Hub is pretty unbeatable but yeah apps are good, and finally OTA means it's even easier, but still have to manually update.
    PS: Not sure why you put this in the z30 section
    im totally ok with you.
    i put this thread here because i only focus on z30 lol
    i will correct the next time.
    11-19-13 01:44 AM

I don't care how much you like it, this cross-platform capability is what's going to keep BlackBerry alive. Stop whining.
    maybe struggling to keep alive is the most important thing to bberry right now.
    11-19-13 01:45 AM
    Plain simple - if you don't need Android apk's then don't use them =)

Even though I don't use a lot of apps but ever since I installed the leak OS 10.2.1.1055, I've been downloading lots of Android apps to test them out. Choices are good so don't be close minded

Posted via CB10
    miketko, Mel25, Spawn12 and 7 others like this.
    11-19-13 01:50 AM
    Plain simple - if you don't need Android apk's then don't use them =)

Even though I don't use a lot of apps but ever since I installed the leak OS 10.2.1.1055, I've been downloading lots of Android apps to test them out. Choices are good so don't be close minded

Posted via CB10
    oh~~~open mind~~~~~i just..dont no
    11-19-13 01:58 AM
    I agree with Thunderbuck and nhanden. Without the huge app store, BlackBerry will burn down to the ground. And if you dont want the android apk in your phone, then dont use it. It's as simple as that.
    11-19-13 02:04 AM
    If I kept a Smartphone for 5, 8 maybe 10 years than yes it would be important to me, however I don't ....so I use a Android for Android stuff....SIMPLE soulution......IMO
    11-19-13 02:04 AM
    If I kept a Smartphone for 5, 8 maybe 10 years than yes it would be important to me, however I don't ....so I use a Android for Android stuff....SIMPLE soulution......IMO

Well wasn't Blackberry 10 supposed to get rid of the two phones? One for work and one for play, with blackberry 10, you could have both in one. I still don't think they've gotten down the play part exactly right yet.
    Last edited by macaroon9; 11-19-13 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Added the quote
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    11-19-13 02:08 AM
    Only one my bank account

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:12 AM
    since 10.2.1.1055 I have been able to leave the iPhone at home, actually haven't even recharged it since Friday because I can now use Starbucks, Canada Post and remote record apps that work as well as they do on the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:13 AM
    I'd you don't like .apk files don't load them. Easy peasy. My phone is full of them. I run a half dozen emulators as well. I don't care what the code is; if it runs well on my phone I will use it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-13 02:47 AM
    Me neither. I don't like android apps. I hate them. But when BlackBerry is taking forever and ridiculously late to introduce apps on it's own platform, people have no option other than to use them. If BlackBerry is thinking they provided a solution for a the app issue, I would say NO. They just started digging their own grave. Android apps lack integrity, performance and the rich effects when run on BB10 cos obviously they were not built for BB10 platform. So stop wasting time and start developing some good apps for the great BB10 platform we all love and support.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Q10
    11-19-13 03:02 AM
    Used a blackberry for some years, but honestly if it can install the APK files from the providers that willn't be providing the BB10 bar file to their app/service, I'm all for it sorry
    11-19-13 03:09 AM

Exactly. Unfortunately that thinking is the minority. How could anyone think that if BlackBerry keeps doing what they have been doing that they can even last

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:13 AM
    since 10.2.1.1055 I have been able to leave the iPhone at home, actually haven't even recharged it since Friday because I can now use Starbucks, Canada Post and remote record apps that work as well as they do on the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:14 AM

For what it's worth, if the future of "BB10" is dependent on android apps, I wish I picked up the S3 instead of the Z10.

I'll probably have a Nexus 5 in the next 3 weeks. If I'm going to run android apps, I may as well have an android phone.
    Shadowyugi and jh07 like this.
    11-19-13 03:31 AM
    Wth does it matter if it's an android apps? If it runs perfectly fine, then those apps are just apps and nothing else. If they're iphone's apps will you guys be jumping Into iphones? I don't see those apps as an android/iphone apps. Apps are apps. The more the merrier. It's 2 am now and I'm started to get some eye bags. Time for bed..

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    11-19-13 03:36 AM
    Wth does it matter if it's an android apps? If it runs perfectly fine, then those apps are just apps and nothing else. If they're iphone's apps will you guys be jumping Into iphones? I don't see those apps as an android/iphone apps. Apps are apps. The more the merrier. It's 2 am now and I'm started to get some eye bags. Time for bed..

Posted via CB10
    check out the pm i sent.lol
    11-19-13 03:55 AM
    I just like installing a launcher and demonstrating the power of BB10

Posted via CB10
    meltbox360 likes this.
    11-19-13 04:36 AM
    Unfortunately RIM/Blackberry missed the boat a long time ago when they had the opportunity to pay developers to build applications that were in demand. They were too cheap to help developers. In the end Blackberry has built a cludged android run-time that only partially works. It will continue to have significant faults as Android OS changes. This is just a band-aid partial solution. Unfortunately, blackberry never reached 'critical mass' in their app world eco-system and never will without a very large investment in application development which at this point just isn't going to happen. This ship has sailed or sunk.
    BigAl_BB9900 and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 04:48 AM
    Bberry,plz. just keep pure and focus on what u r good at,such as security, stable system,excellent speaker and the unique features!

In my opinion, i never wanted and hoped the android apk can be used on my BB. i dont care the richness of apps, i do care ure pure and noble blood.

give me five yeah!
    I realized the old crowd does not care about applications.
    11-19-13 05:03 AM

give me five yeah!
    They tried this in the consumer market and it bombed.

If they downsize significantly they may be able to just survive with this small niche market.

If they want another crack at the consumer market then they need to provide access to android apps.
    11-19-13 05:23 AM
    I'd agree one hundred percent except I need one app for work

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:23 AM
125 123 ...