I have been having some issues with the blackberry id for several weeks. I as a result decided to wipe the phone and now to my surprise i can't set up the phone. I get an error message saying that the anti-theft feature is on so i must sign in using the id used to set up device. I am quite certain that am using the correct email address.. Please assist me in having this issue resolved speedily.
    09-30-15 07:10 PM
    This is the whole point of anti-theft.

You must remember the BlackBerry ID that was active prior to wiping your device. There is no way around it, and no other way to recover it.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 07:14 PM
    Just use your BlackBerry ID
    09-30-15 07:15 PM
    i have used the same ID as used to set up the device when i bought it. and its still not letting me on.. if i contact RIM, will they be able to address the issue from their end?
    09-30-15 07:22 PM
    i have used the same ID as used to set up the device when i bought it. and its still not letting me on.. if i contact RIM, will they be able to address the issue from their end?
    It's possible.

You will have to provide proof of purchase.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 07:35 PM
    yea, thanks a million. Its hard to just condemn a fairly good phone just because... I have the necessary info as it relates to proof of purchase an so on.. you have been of great help. one last question, is there anyway i can contact RIM to speak to an agent regarding me getting my phone restored?
    09-30-15 07:56 PM
    yea, thanks a million. Its hard to just condemn a fairly good phone just because... I have the necessary info as it relates to proof of purchase an so on.. you have been of great help. one last question, is there anyway i can contact RIM to speak to an agent regarding me getting my phone restored?
    Possible. If you bought from a carrier they would have to escalate to BBerry support. I've done it once on T-Mo USA.
    09-30-15 09:45 PM
    I also experienced what happened to you. I forgot to turn off Blackberry Protect before wiping my device. That's why I can't set up my device with a different ID. So I have to use my previous ID. And also, if you think you're entering the correct email add you previously used with that device and you still can't sign in, it' might be your password that's giving you a problem. You may have changed it prior to wiping your device. You have to apply it also with your ID when you sign in with your BB device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-15 10:08 PM