I know if I toggle the volume keys it will remove my phone from silent and I can use the volume buttons to set and adjust my notification sound level.

But, how do I put it back to silent just as quick without the need to use the drop down menu or adjust the notification level using the volume keys to zero and then subsequently silent?

Thanks

Now on Z30
    11-16-13 02:43 PM
    From a home screen swipe down from the top and you will see Notifications, tap the bell icon and it will turn to vibrate only from normal.
    howards likes this.
    11-16-13 02:54 PM
    I agree swipe down and once you have the mode you want set it will alternate by hitting the icon without going into the menu. You just have to setup each one as what you want, but easier than using the volume keys.
    11-16-13 03:00 PM
    Indeed it is much easier than using the volume keys.

I've been doing it that way.

The issue I have is the volume keys on the z30 is so darn sensitive compared to my z10 and I keep inadvertently taking the phone out of silent to normal and to switch it back, need to do additional swipes.

Wished I can toggle the other way back to silent with the volume keys.

Hint hint BlackBerry

Now on Z30
    11-16-13 03:27 PM
    From a home screen swipe down from the top and you will see Notifications, tap the bell icon and it will turn to vibrate only from normal.
    I didn't know that. Great tip!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 04:42 PM
    Indeed it is much easier than using the volume keys.

I've been doing it that way.

The issue I have is the volume keys on the z30 is so darn sensitive compared to my z10 and I keep inadvertently taking the phone out of silent to normal and to switch it back, need to do additional swipes.

Wished I can toggle the other way back to silent with the volume keys.

Hint hint BlackBerry

Now on Z30
    In the Main Volume settings, toggle the volume keys to always adjust media volume. That should keep it from inadvertently changing your notifications settings.
    11-16-13 05:19 PM
    Tx!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:16 PM
    Upon the first time pressing the Bell on Notifications, I get to choose between Vibrate Only or Silent. I picked Vibrate Only. After that, pressing the Bell toggles between Vibrate Only and Normal. How do I switch to Silent as the other toggle selection instead of Vibrate Only?
    11-17-13 07:27 AM
    Upon the first time pressing the Bell on Notifications, I get to choose between Vibrate Only or Silent. I picked Vibrate Only. After that, pressing the Bell toggles between Vibrate Only and Normal. How do I switch to Silent as the other toggle selection instead of Vibrate Only?
    The bell icon toggles between the last "do not disturb" setting and the normal setting. So if you want the DND setting to be Vibrate Only, set it to that in the settings panel. Then when you click the bell, it will toggle to Normal. Further clicking the bell will toggle between Normal and Vibrate Only, until you choose a different DND profile via the settings screen.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    ricocan and cbvinh like this.
    11-17-13 07:43 AM
    The bell icon toggles between the last "do not disturb" setting and the normal setting. So if you want the DND setting to be Vibrate Only, set it to that in the settings panel. Then when you click the bell, it will toggle to Normal. Further clicking the bell will toggle between Normal and Vibrate Only, until you choose a different DND profile via the settings screen.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    I just figured it out and came back to say nevermind... Thanks for the quick response!
    11-17-13 07:59 AM