@HotFix - Agreed >> "That statement makes no sense. A battery pull is the ultimate form of a reset as it disrupts the power flow to the hardware."

I, too, wish the battery was removable. While the engineering performed by BB suggests this is not needed as you can "mimic" this action, but that is all it does is "mimic" as it reboots as designed upon completion of the process. Under normal usage scenarios that is fine, but some of us completely abuse our devices through leaks, hybrids etc.... I have had my phone in a state where it wouldn't reset under and any circumstance, would loop as Thunderbuck among other things. In these rare cases the only solution for be has been to remove the battery and reboot or remove the battery and then connect to pc and reload the OS of my choice.
    Extreme situations for sure, but it happens
    HotFix likes this.
    12-23-13 08:44 AM
    You would have to let the power drain and have it power down from lack of charge

Kah
    That would take forever with the z30
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-23-13 08:57 AM
    What an incredibly rude response... clearly I didn't feel I had an answer because I tried the volume key trick on my Z10 and it didn't work.

That statement makes no sense. A battery pull is the ultimate form of a reset as it disrupts the power flow to the hardware.

I did read it on the forums but again I tried it on my Z10 and it didn't work which is why I asked.

I have no idea why you mentioned the iPhone or other phones. I did not imply lack of removable batteries made this impossible, just that I don't know how to do it on the Z30 since the tricks people mentioned weren't working on my Z10.

Also I have no idea why you think the Z30 "just doesn't freeze up much" since it is essentially the same hardware as the Z10 with the same OS. I think my freeze issue was an OS issue and therefore would have affected either platform.

All in all your response was pretty poor and arrogant, but thanks for playing.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't mean to be rude. I apologize for that. Perhaps I should have chose my words differently and for that I'm sorry. Ultimately, I answered your question and hope you feel confident with getting a Z30 cause you'll love it.

I could go on about new things you brought up but it would be wasted breath. As you can see by the forum, those with freezes had leaks. Those without didn't and the Z30 come with 10.2 so no real reason to install a leak.

All you did was argue each point I made, all I did was repeat what others already said in a more direct manner.

Good luck with your Z30 if you get it, I'm sure we'll see you on here complaining about about it freezing and not being able to pull the battery.

And if you search my posts I'm not one to ever be rude, but sometimes you gotta be a little firm when a question has been responded to multiple times.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Last edited by CrackedRosco; 12-23-13 at 09:19 AM.
    12-23-13 09:05 AM
    I remember when I initially loaded 1259, my top power button wouldn't even turn the screen off, and the volume buttons wouldn't do anything. I had to plug it into a computer and run something with cfp.exe to send a reboot signal.

However, after that initial boot, it reboots fine.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg and HotFix like this.
    12-23-13 09:35 AM
    Didn't mean to be rude. I apologize for that. Perhaps I should have chose my words differently and for that I'm sorry. Ultimately, I answered your question and hope you feel confident with getting a Z30 cause you'll love it.

I could go on about new things you brought up but it would be wasted breath. As you can see by the forum, those with freezes had leaks. Those without didn't and the Z30 come with 10.2 so no real reason to install a leak.

All you did was argue each point I made, all I did was repeat what others already said in a more direct manner.

Good luck with your Z30 if you get it, I'm sure we'll see you on here complaining about about it freezing and not being able to pull the battery.

And if you search my posts I'm not one to ever be rude, but sometimes you gotta be a little firm when a question has been responded to multiple times.

It's hard to accept an apology for someone being rude where that person continues to be rude to you. RE: "I'm sure we'll see you on here complaining...".

It probably would had been helpful if you had bothered read where I said I tried the things you claimed are the answers, and I indicated they didn't work when I tried them so I was looking for alternate suggestions. Judging by the helpful responses I got, its possible I didn't wait long enough but conversely others reported instances when the process didn't work for them either and now I have their tricks to try if I run into the issue (such as using a computer to send a reboot signal).

So again... thanks for playing.

To the rest of you who provided alternate things to try when the press and hold doesn't work, thank you!
    howards likes this.
    12-23-13 10:42 AM
    It's hard to accept an apology for someone being rude where that person continues to be rude to you. RE: "I'm sure we'll see you on here complaining...".

It probably would had been helpful if you had bothered read where I said I tried the things you claimed are the answers, and I indicated they didn't work when I tried them so I was looking for alternate suggestions. Judging by the helpful responses I got, its possible I didn't wait long enough but conversely others reported instances when the process didn't work for them either and now I have their tricks to try if I run into the issue (such as using a computer to send a reboot signal).

To the rest of you who provided alternate things to try when the press and hold doesn't work, thank you!
    Whatever man, bottomline is the volume rockers is/are the answer. Yes, connecting to the computer or letting the battery drain may work, but if you use the volume rockers CORRECTLY you can skip plugging in to the computer, etc. You must use the volume keys correctly to make the volume keys work and there does appear to be a sensitivity issue across phones. Anyone who says the volume keys are not working either have faulty volume keys or its user error. That's my only point.

12-23-13 11:46 AM
    I have a Z30, and don't really recall having any major issues. But its funny, sometimes holding the volume rockers works, other times just holding the power button works.
    HotFix and Elite1 like this.
    12-23-13 01:56 PM
    Thank you for a helpful response!!! I will try to be more patient next time and wait 1/2 a minute versus 10 seconds before giving up.

Posted via CB10
    Which Z10 do you have?
    STL100-1 won't reboot with the volume rockers, only by holding the power button.
    Z30 reboots with either volume rockers or power button, but shouldn't be an issue

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Nharzhool likes this.
    12-23-13 03:30 PM
    Which Z10 do you have?
    STL100-1 won't reboot with the volume rockers, only by holding the power button.
    Z30 reboots with either volume rockers or power button, but shouldn't be an issue

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055 AT&T variant.

I am not running a "leak", rather it's a OTA release by BlackBerry since I participate in their BES BETA program and they pushed the OS update to me through my PIN.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-23-13 04:08 PM
    I believe if you hold the power button down on the Z10 for a longer period of time it will take you to the loading screen.

The Z30 hold the volume buttons for about 30 seconds until you see the blue loading screen.

Hold them down past the blackberry logo.

Posted for my Z30 on CB10
    12-23-13 04:27 PM
    What happens when the battery goes bad for one reason or another?
    12-23-13 04:34 PM
    What happens when the battery goes bad for one reason or another?
    Same as what happens to an iPhone or Samsung?

12-23-13 05:29 PM
    Same as what happens to an iPhone or Samsung?

If you can't pull the battery out, how do you replace it? Obviously I am missing something here.
    12-23-13 06:28 PM
    If you can't pull the battery out, how do you replace it? Obviously I am missing something here.
    They want you to send it in.

Posted via my sexay Z30 from the most awesome BB10 app CB10!!!
    12-23-13 06:46 PM

Unfortunately this site is full of stupid people who believe we spend hours reading every single post/comment they made, just like isheeps some guys here seem to not have a life outside their phones/crackberry.

I've been thinking about changing my phone for a z30, it's so beautiful but I'm scared it might freeze a lot (just like my old z10)!
    HotFix likes this.
    12-23-13 06:48 PM
    They want you to send it in.

Posted via my sexay Z30 from the most awesome BB10 app CB10!!!
    So you give it back to the carrier? Can they do that at the store or do they send it to BBRY. Makes no sense. OP says you can take the battery out with the Z10 but not the z30? What is the reasoning behind that when you can on all previous models (I believe) and most other devices including laptops and the like. I guess the z30 battery will never lose it's charge and be flawless. I stand corrected.
    12-24-13 10:55 AM
    I'm pretty sure the OPs question was answered, maybe a mod can close this thread before it gets out if hand........

12-24-13 01:08 PM
    What on god's green earth are you talking about? This response does not add to the thread in any way/shape/form...

Posted via CB10
    Jajaja too funny men

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 01:11 PM
    Missy,
    I agree that a mod should answer this. Z30 has not been out that long so users have not enough time yet to find out. Just seems a bit strange that option has been removed (not literally of course).
    12-24-13 02:02 PM
    Missy,
    I agree that a mod should answer this. Z30 has not been out that long so users have not enough time yet to find out. Just seems a bit strange that option has been removed (not literally of course).
    Same as Q5 and PlayBook and many other phones out there.. talk to your carrier if under contract-warranty or deal with it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-24-13 02:39 PM
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055 AT&T variant.

I am not running a "leak", rather it's a OTA release by BlackBerry since I participate in their BES BETA program and they pushed the OS update to me through my PIN.

Posted via CB10
    this will probably come across wrong, but if your so intent on being certain with this question, and you are in a BES BETA program with a device whitelisted by BlackBerry (a rare circumstance indeed), then :

1: why base your decisions on a beta (look, its the same as what leaked, leak/beta, its all the same) on a different device as your arguement to why not to take others advice
    2: why not just ask BlackBerry directly? theyve whitelisted your device so your obviously well connected in that sense.

Bottom line, dont base your Z10 experience as how it will be on a Z30, and dont ask forum members (who actually have a Z30 to answer with) then disregard their answers. im sure all those who have replied in this thread have done so from personal circumstance, so to disregard their own personal experiences is probably not the politest thing tbh.
    12-24-13 02:46 PM
    So you give it back to the carrier? Can they do that at the store or do they send it to BBRY. Makes no sense. OP says you can take the battery out with the Z10 but not the z30? What is the reasoning behind that when you can on all previous models (I believe) and most other devices including laptops and the like. I guess the z30 battery will never lose it's charge and be flawless. I stand corrected.
    you send it back under warranty for a fix/replacement. kinda how its been for other devices for a long long time now. also hows its been for PlayBook owners for almost 2 years.

as for the reasoning behind having a fixed as oposed to a removeable battery? no moving parts and soldered connections generally mean less space is taken up, therefore space can be used in other ways, as an example boosting from a Z10 1800mah battery to a Z30 2880mah.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-24-13 03:01 PM
    this will probably come across wrong, but if your so intent on being certain with this question, and you are in a BES BETA program with a device whitelisted by BlackBerry (a rare circumstance indeed), then :

1: why base your decisions on a beta (look, its the same as what leaked, leak/beta, its all the same) on a different device as your arguement to why not to take others advice
    2: why not just ask BlackBerry directly? theyve whitelisted your device so your obviously well connected in that sense.

Bottom line, dont base your Z10 experience as how it will be on a Z30, and dont ask forum members (who actually have a Z30 to answer with) then disregard their answers. im sure all those who have replied in this thread have done so from personal circumstance, so to disregard their own personal experiences is probably not the politest thing tbh.
    Don't base my Z10 experience on how it will be on a Z30? Agreed... That's why I came here to ask how I would do what I did with my Z10 on a Z30... I cited my experience with my Z10 as my only frame of reference, and I was pretty sure that was a valid frame of reference because the reboot button sequences are supposed to work exactly the same from what I have read regardless of what OS version you are on.

Why ask here and not BB support? I came here for real life experiences and subsequent responses, not some BB DART technician reading the response out of some internal knowledgebase of how things "should" work. I was under the impression that's what BB fan community forums were for.

If you go back and read my posts you will see that I didn't disregard the posts of people who actually offered helpful non-rude responses. Just because I rebuffed one rude person doesn't mean I "disregarded" the answers of everyone... Quite the contrary if you read on you will see others have seen what I have seen with inconsisntency of the reboot button sequences and posted suggestions (wait longer, use a PC pogram, etc...) which I thanked them for.

Thanks for playing.
    12-24-13 03:09 PM
    Missy,
    The question has already been answered, so my comment was more to stop threads running indefinitely and going completely off topic which they inevitably seem to these days

12-24-13 03:11 PM
    I have had a Z10 since February, until getting the Z30 in November. Wife still has a Z10 plus one more at my company in addition to my old Z10 which will re-enter the pool.

I will echo what others said:
    1. Z30 is much smoother experience than Z10, especially on the 10.2.1 beta's, imo. That 10-15% larger processor plus better gpu seems to get it over some virtual hump.
    2. The non-removable battery allows for a larger battery to be built-in, which is a good thing.
    3. Bigger battery every day for me outweighs risk that one day battery might fail on me. (Backups are your friend... and insurance policy.)
    4. Battery dying would mean submitting device for warranty repair.
    5. If an established reset method (top key or Volume keys) isn't working, wait a while then try it for longer, much longer. One doesn't work, then try the other.
    6. As someone else stated, to be safe I always hold down my reset key(s) of choice until I see the blue startup icon with the progress bar border.
    7. The button resets seem to work better on alleviating issues for longer than a physical battery pull. Might be my imagination and hardly empirical, but that's my impression.

One new observation to add:
    On Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1259 and 1055 before it, the top key reset seems to be broken for me. If I keep holding it, it goes into a loop of red LED and white BB logo splashscreen until I release. Can't get to blue logo without releasing.

Conversely, Volume Up & Down method seems much faster on 10.2.1 than it was previously, and much, much faster than top key method ever was.
    HotFix and keepthetorch like this.
    12-24-13 03:20 PM
67 123