I had an issue today on my Z10 where it completely froze up. Press and holding the top button and separately the up and bottom volume buttons did not fix the phone. Eventually I gave up and popped the battery which fixed it.

This got me thinking as I am considering an upgrade to the Z30. How does one exactly pop the battery on a phone where the battery isn't removable?

Posted via CB10
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    12-22-13 06:31 PM
    You dont

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    BB_makes_it_happen likes this.
    12-22-13 06:33 PM
    You dont

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    OK, so then what do you do when your phone is locked up and the pressing and holding the buttons trick doesn't work?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 06:43 PM
    Pressing the volume buttons for a while will always reset your z30. Always

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    saint613, jrohland, Elite1 and 1 others like this.
    12-22-13 06:48 PM
    I ran into that once. I tried the three finger salute and nothing. Left it for about two minutes and it rebooted it's self.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-22-13 06:49 PM
    My Z10 for the first time ever froze the other day. I held the power button and it rebooted. I never use the volume keys.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-22-13 06:57 PM
    You would have to let the power drain and have it power down from lack of charge

Kah
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-22-13 07:00 PM
    Carly Simon's words haunt: "...when you are with some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend." Pulling the battery and leaving it out has its advantages. Hint to those NSA folks who are bailing and doing job interviews: just leave you Z30 home. Doc Neutron
    vaioman likes this.
    12-22-13 07:13 PM
    Carly Simon's words haunt: "...when you are with some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend." Pulling the battery and leaving it out has its advantages. Hint to those NSA folks who are bailing and doing job interviews: just leave you Z30 home. Doc Neutron
    What on god's green earth are you talking about? This response does not add to the thread in any way/shape/form...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:35 PM
    Pressing the volume buttons for a while will always reset your z30. Always

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    I tried pressing them for like 10 seconds on my Z10 and nothing. I hope the Z30 is a better situation.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:37 PM
    I tried pressing them for like 10 seconds on my Z10 and nothing. I hope the Z30 is a better situation.

Posted via CB10
    Press both + and - button pass the screenshot screen until you see BlackBerry written on screen.

Posted via Awesome Astro (STA100-2) on CB10
    rajarizal and Elite1 like this.
    12-22-13 07:38 PM
    Press both + and - button pass the screenshot screen until you see BlackBerry written on screen.

I did that for over 10 seconds and nothing. There was no screen shot because the device was locked up.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:39 PM
    I did that for over 10 seconds and nothing. There was no screen shot because the device was locked up.

Posted via CB10
    Well, worst case you could do is just wait until it runs out of juice, charge and turn on.

12-22-13 07:48 PM
    Well, worst case you could do is just wait until it runs out of juice, charge and turn on.

Considering I need this phone for work, that really isn't an option if it is coming off a full charge.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:55 PM
    This is what happened to my Z10 as well. I used to pull the battery but found that if it locked up and would not reboot with the +/- keys, all you have to do is wait a couple minutes and it reboots on its own. I would think it would be the same for the Z30? It only happens for me on the leaks and has not happened on stock OS.
    12-22-13 10:17 PM
    My Z30 has never really bricked but I only ever use the power button to reset. I read somewhere that you need to see the LED flash so you know it actually did a power disconnect.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:30 PM
    Asked and answered. Move on sir. A battery pull fixing a BlackBerry 10 device is a pure coincidence. Speak to BlackBerry support or read any technical forum and you will find that holding in the volume keys together discharges the battery connection without removing it thereby simulating a battery pull without actually taking it out. Because of this, you can pull the battery or use the volume rockers as they do the same thing. Thus with the Z30 you will never have to pull the battery because the volume rockers mimic that act.

Hate to bring this up, but iPhones don't have removable batteries and are easily reset by holding down power button and home key. So there are other phones that don't require a battery pull.

Ultimately, what you'll find is that the Z30 just doesn't freeze up much. Mine hasn't and I've only read about a few. Lastly, BlackBerry 10 is so much better than legacy devices with respect to this issue. They specifically built the phones so you wouldn't have to pull the battery. Just be confident that your Z30 will be fine.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    saint613, zolt11, Elite1 and 3 others like this.
    12-22-13 10:57 PM
    Well said.

From my vzw z30 via nyc

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 11:40 PM
    I did encounter an issue with my Z30. I had a leaked OS on it and it went into a reboot loop. I couldn't find any way to stop the loop.

I was able to get it to connect to Link, though, on my PC.
    12-23-13 12:06 AM
    I haven't had any major issues with my Z30. The only issues I've had so far are from my own OS Leak addiction. I love this phone. It's by far the best phone I've ever owned and enjoy. I have a 5th Gen iPod Touch which makes calls and texts but I can't touch it anymore. It makes me sick touching an apple product. BlackBerry keyboard is soo much better. I definitely see an improvement switching from my Z10 to Z30. My battery was unplugged sat morning at 10am and didn't drop to 5% till Sunday at 11pm.
    Saturday I spent the day in the mall shopping with my mom so I spent a lot of time playing NBA jam and doodle jump. I seriously abused the battery and it impressed me

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:20 AM
    To reset Z30, press + and - on the volume button for 5 seconds

good luck
    12-23-13 03:15 AM
    I see you problem but my experience is in 11 months that I have never a reboot or hanging (only one time with the camera but that solve it self in 2 minutes). So for me the OS is more stable than 4 years android with hanging or reboots or not working software. SO I think you must not really care about the battery. Im a Z30 user and before Z10
    needforbbx likes this.
    12-23-13 05:55 AM
    Asked and answered. Move on sir.
    What an incredibly rude response... clearly I didn't feel I had an answer because I tried the volume key trick on my Z10 and it didn't work.
    A battery pull fixing a BlackBerry 10 device is a pure coincidence.
    That statement makes no sense. A battery pull is the ultimate form of a reset as it disrupts the power flow to the hardware.

Speak to BlackBerry support or read any technical forum and you will find that holding in the volume keys together discharges the battery connection without removing it thereby simulating a battery pull without actually taking it out. Because of this, you can pull the battery or use the volume rockers as they do the same thing. Thus with the Z30 you will never have to pull the battery because the volume rockers mimic that act.
    I did read it on the forums but again I tried it on my Z10 and it didn't work which is why I asked.

Hate to bring this up, but iPhones don't have removable batteries and are easily reset by holding down power button and home key. So there are other phones that don't require a battery pull.

Ultimately, what you'll find is that the Z30 just doesn't freeze up much. Mine hasn't and I've only read about a few. Lastly, BlackBerry 10 is so much better than legacy devices with respect to this issue. They specifically built the phones so you wouldn't have to pull the battery. Just be confident that your Z30 will be fine.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    I have no idea why you mentioned the iPhone or other phones. I did not imply lack of removable batteries made this impossible, just that I don't know how to do it on the Z30 since the tricks people mentioned weren't working on my Z10.

Also I have no idea why you think the Z30 "just doesn't freeze up much" since it is essentially the same hardware as the Z10 with the same OS. I think my freeze issue was an OS issue and therefore would have affected either platform.

All in all your response was pretty poor and arrogant, but thanks for playing.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    12-23-13 06:52 AM
    On the Z10 with an OS previous to 10.2.1.x you press and hold the top button for about 30 seconds or, until the word BlackBerry appears on the screen. With 10.2.1.x (at least on my Z30), it takes about 10 seconds for the reset to occur.

Pressing the volume up and down does about the same thing except it will take a screen shot if the OS is alive.

I believe you simply didn't hold the button long enough.
    Thank you for a helpful response!!! I will try to be more patient next time and wait 1/2 a minute versus 10 seconds before giving up.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-23-13 06:53 AM
    Thank you for a helpful response!!! I will try to be more patient next time and wait 1/2 a minute versus 10 seconds before giving up.

Posted via CB10
    In addition to that, the volume up and down trick reacted 40 seconds later for me on z10 (40 seconds after I released the buttons). But this only occurred once. Just as said: battery pull is not needed anymore. I don't know why that happened or why the hard reboot did not happen directly, I was in the same situation.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    12-23-13 08:34 AM
67 123