I have sta100-5 with rogers in London ontario. I have only ever seen 4G. I don't know if I need to call rogers and have it changed on my account, or if it's my sim, no idea. But 4G does me well, if they wanted to charge me more for LTE I wouldn't even bother

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 05:07 PM
    Isn't 4g 4g unless it's XLTE right?

I have sta100-5 with rogers in London ontario. I have only ever seen 4G. I don't know if I need to call rogers and have it changed on my account, or if it's my sim, no idea. But 4G does me well, if they wanted to charge me more for LTE I wouldn't even bother

Posted via CB10

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    09-12-14 05:11 PM
    Videotron launched their shared LTE network yesterday and despite having a new LTE SIM card, LTE does not work on my Z30.

I've been told this is because:

1- My Z30 is not LTE compatible.

2- It will never work on LTE because the Z30 was not offered by my carrier.

3- BlackBerry will need to update the Z30 software in order for my device to be compatible with their LTE network.

4- I need to provide my carrier with my IMEI number.

Perhaps I'm being incredibly naive here but given the my phone is factory unlocked and has band 4 LTE support, shouldn't it be as easy as inserting a new LTE SIM card and voila, LTE?

Posted via CB10
    1. Depends on the band support on your Z30 and band support of your operator, but generally I call bul****.

2. Bul****

3. Bul****

4. Could be true. Operator is usually provisioning LTE users on separate box.

For LTE to be working you need
    1. band compatibility between device and operator
    2. LTE uSIM
    3. Provisioning in operator systems, which could or not happen automatically. Some operators (EU) charge extra for that.
    4. Last, but not least operator LTE coverage

Actually good test would be to get known to working Rogers LTE card and test with it.
    If Rogers works, the root cause will most probably that you are not provisioned. And it seems from operator representatives statements that they are using list of approved TACs to do that, so this part could be true. You should then log trouble ticket in order to get someone knowledgeable to insert your IMEI (or Z30 TAC in general).

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 02:25 AM
    1. Depends on the band support on your Z30 and band support of your operator, but generally I call bul****.

2. Bul****

3. Bul****

4. Could be true. Operator is usually provisioning LTE users on separate box.

For LTE to be working you need
    1. band compatibility between device and operator
    2. LTE uSIM
    3. Provisioning in operator systems, which could or not happen automatically. Some operators (EU) charge extra for that.
    4. Last, but not least operator LTE coverage

Actually good test would be to get known to working Rogers LTE card and test with it.
    If Rogers works, the root cause will most probably that you are not provisioned. And it seems from operator representatives statements that they are using list of approved TACs to do that, so this part could be true. You should then log trouble ticket in order to get someone knowledgeable to insert your IMEI (or Z30 TAC in general).

Posted via CB10
    It connects to LTE on Rogers so I bet you're right.

Now...how to go about convincing my carrier to add the Z30 to their list of approved devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:03 PM
    It connects to LTE on Rogers so I bet you're right.

Now...how to go about convincing my carrier to add the Z30 to their list of approved devices.

Posted via CB10
    I would ask to log a ticket with "provision LTE on the MSISDN / IMEI " text. However, I have 0 knowledge how your operator processes are working. Anyway, be persistent, and if everything else fails use social media - asking operator on twitter usually gives you preferential treatment.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 06:27 AM
    I have an STA100-5 from Telus unlocked on Videotron. I swapped my 4G SIM for an LTE SIM, and did not have LTE. I updated to 10.3.1 today and I now show 4GLTE. One thing to note is not only do you have to be on 10.3.1, but you also have to change your APN from media.videotron to media.ng.

How do you know if you're connected to LTE?-img_20141031_154315.pngHow do you know if you're connected to LTE?-img_20141031_154337.png
    m3mb3rsh1p and GreenCopperz like this.
    10-31-14 02:56 PM
    because your data downloads will be crazy fast! You can only get this while connected to lte!

Z10, *.3175, 3500 mah btry - posted via cb10

How do you know if you're connected to LTE?-img_20140329_101952_edit_edit.png

z30 144gb
    10-31-14 04:09 PM
    I always try to keep my phone in either 4G or 3G service. I have LTE service with Bell but I fined some areas not covered as well as HSPA coverage.

So I only turn LTE on when I need the speed otherwise it's not used. And not that it's needed with the Z30, but not using LTE saves on battery consumption.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    10-31-14 10:14 PM
    Anyone know how to tell if you're getting XLTE vs LTE on a Verizon Z30?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-02-14 12:00 AM
    I have an STA100-5 from Telus unlocked on Videotron. I swapped my 4G SIM for an LTE SIM, and did not have LTE. I updated to 10.3.1 today and I now show 4GLTE. One thing to note is not only do you have to be on 10.3.1, but you also have to change your APN from media.videotron to media.ng.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141031_154315.png 
Views:	379 
Size:	504.0 KB 
ID:	311017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141031_154337.png 
Views:	380 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	311018

Well, I had 4GLTE for 3 days after I updated the OS to 10.3.1 but 3 hours ago, my phone reverted back to 4G and has remained on 4G since. Speed tests confirm that I am no longer connected to the LTE network.

My carrier (Videotron) says that there is nothing wrong with the network in my area. I've also tried resetting the APN, rebooting the phone and I'm still stuck on 4G. Even when I do a scan for networks, only the 3G/4G networks appear.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:25 PM
    I lost my LTE not too long ago as well. I have a feeling that once Videotron officially releases 10.3.1 they will Whitelist other BB10 models. Right now the Classic is on 10.3.1 and supports LTE, so there is no reason why other BBs shouldn't be able to access it as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:43 PM
    I lost my LTE not too long ago as well. I have a feeling that once Videotron officially releases 10.3.1 they will Whitelist other BB10 models. Right now the Classic is on 10.3.1 and supports LTE, so there is no reason why other BBs shouldn't be able to access it as well.

Posted via CB10
    I find it odd that they would blacklist devices that are fully compatible with the LTE network. I wonder if there's any point in heading to a Videotron store to see if there's anything that can be done.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:12 PM
    So I spent a good hour on the phone today with a Videotron representative. I'm told that it's BlackBerry's software that's defective and that there is nothing preventing me from accessing the LTE network. The representative asks me to backup and reload the software and assures me that it will work.

So...I backup my device and reload the software. After I reload the software, I'm prompted to download a small "carrier specific" update of approximately 50 MB in size. The phone reboots and sure enough, I have LTE connectivity again!!

Satisfied that it's working again, I restore my device with the backup file and once again, I lose LTE!!

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OntarioBlackberry; 02-24-15 at 01:55 PM.
    02-23-15 11:07 PM
    So I spend a good hour on the phone today with a Videotron representative. I'm told that it's BlackBerry's software that's defective and that there is nothing preventing me from accessing the LTE network. The representative asks me to backup and reload the software and assures me that it will work.

So...I backup my device and reload the software. After I reload the software, I'm prompted to download a small "carrier specific" update of approximately 50 MB in size. The phone reboots and sure enough, I have LTE connectivity again!!

Satisfied that it's working again, I restore my device with the backup file and once again, I lose LTE!!

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    If you are restoring Settings, you may be restoring something incompatible.
    02-24-15 12:04 AM
    Anyone know how to tell if you're getting XLTE vs LTE on a Verizon Z30?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I'd like to see a XLTE screenshot myself.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-24-15 12:11 AM
    100-5. It supports my carrier's LTE bands so I really don't understand why it doesn't work.
    I get LTE on my AT&T Z10 with radio 10.3.1.1155.
    Attachment 337030
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 12:50 AM
41 12