I'm going to Hong Kong and Philippines for a short 2 week visit. I'm on the Canadian Rogers Network.

Besides buying a local sim card, unlocking my Z30 which would ultimately be the cheapest way to go, what are my options of using wifi and a roaming package for Hong Kong and Philippines?

It would be nice to keep my local number so I can make and receive calls and also text. I would like to have some data so I can receive emails and bbm.

What the best way to keep my data use low? How can I stop programs form auto loading and refreshing which uses a lot of data?
    11-22-13 12:53 AM
    Go to Settings, Network Settings, Mobile Network and then changed the drop down menu for Data services while roaming to "off".

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:09 AM
    Go to Settings, Network Settings, Mobile Network and then changed the drop down menu for Data services while roaming to "off".

Posted via CB10
    That won't work if he's on a local sim.

Remove all your unnecessary accounts. Emails, FB , Twitter, Evernote. etc. Add them back on when you get home.

Fired from my Z10
    11-22-13 03:44 AM
    Thanks.

Guess I'll have to remove accounts.and add them on later. The question is, will remove accounts and adding them on later restore all the old messages?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:26 AM
    Why don't you try asking the people in the country? http://forums.crackberry.com/asia-pa.../index200.html
    11-26-13 02:36 AM
    Rogers1 is the wi-fi calling feature (free) that lets you make Canadian phone calls through any wi-fi. Any Wifi anywhere in the world. I'm guessing you don't know about it. Rogers can tell you more on their Web site. Using this wi-fi calling feature, or service, you receive and place Canadian calls for no cost because it's all going through land-based Internet protocols, not through the cellular radio system and the International telecommunications charges that are applied to international phone calls.

This is good. But it won't help lower cost for those who call you from Asia when you're in Asia because your number is Canadian still.
    11-26-13 07:34 AM