I wish I could get used to scuffing and scratching the phone right away. But once it happens, then that virtual seal is broken and the device becomes more of a tool as you said instead of a baby.

BTW, there is a water resistant phone. Granted, it's a crappy Casio Android phone only on Verizon (I believe), but water resistant nevertheless.
    There's a few waterproof phones. Sony has several.

Looking for the real vijik. Q10
    12-01-13 09:38 AM
    There's a few waterproof phones. Sony has several.

Looking for the real vijik. Q10

Oh that's right! I forgot about Sony's
    12-01-13 09:40 AM
    Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance in rapid succession.

Posted via CB10
    This right here describes my reaction perfectly.

Enjoy that Thanks thurask. It was meant to be a Like but I pressed the wrong one (CB10 app). I gave a guy a like once by accident I let him keep it.
    12-01-13 09:55 AM
    I don't like it when my favorite toys get scratched. I think a lot of technology is designed to look like crap when it gets scratched. It makes the individual want to get a new device especially when an upgrade is released.

Do you guys remember the days when technology actually lasted? I remember when a TV would last for years and work like new. Radios lasted forever.

Now back to the subject.. I try to prevent damage by using a screen protector and a case. Over years of use the device does typically show some wear. I try to see this as good wear and I also try to keep my device as long as possible and only switch when the function begins to fail. I kept my iPhone 4 for 3.5 years and only replaced it because the Web browser kept locking up and I could not fix it. Still using the phone for my music player .

Posted via my Z30
    12-01-13 12:10 PM
    Like the guitars that I gig, my phone can get "experienced".
    :>)
    That's OK though... it shows you are using your tools to their full potential. Be proud of your battle scars and let them tell the story. Road worn guitars are cool, why not phones?
    Just Me likes this.
    12-01-13 12:45 PM
    If it's about very fine scratches on screen (not on painted case), depending on severity of problem, I can suggest some options: rubbing compound used on cars, metal polish, or toothpaste (yes, it works). Use with a soft bristle toothbrush, fine cloth, or both of the above for the repair job.
    12-01-13 07:12 PM
    If it's on the painted part then what?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:41 PM
    dont have any
    12-01-13 11:00 PM
    If it's on the painted part then what? Posted via CB10
    If you can't stand a wretched or simply imperfect case, then you'd have to consider replacing it with a new or surplus part, or probably a new paint job. If you don't have the skill or confidence to fix (using putty?) and paint, I suggest asking help from somebody, such as an expert toy model painter.
    12-02-13 01:23 AM
    Oh that's right! I forgot about Sony's
    And the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    12-02-13 04:16 AM
    What do I do when my phone gets scratched? Well I get really angry.
    I've had my z10 for months, and I've kept it in pristine condition. Pristine until one day I was running to catch my bus to head to work and before I started running i put my phones in my jacket outter pocket, and just before I reached the bus my unprotected z10 fell while o was still running and now I has crazy dents on the 4 corners.
    Now I'm about to buy a z10 white housing, because I can't stand those dents :@

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 04:38 AM
    If you're the type of person who would torture yourself for unfortunate accidents, whether it's your fault or not, it is imperative to invest on protective accessories immediately. My friend was telling me that somebody was ridiculing him for applying screen protector and cover, because the person claimed that he would just get rid of the phone and buy a new one anyway someday. I said: "Yeah, it depends on whether or not you would be stressed seeing the scratches and bumps every moment the phone is still with you." And I believe stress kills.
    12-02-13 05:49 AM
37 12