Ok guys, I need a simple way (i'm not too tech savy) I am currently on 3.1.1784 and it sucks mayor ***, i am a long time BlackBerry supporter and I love BB10 OS, but my previous version (3.0) although it had less features it was way better, my phone used to hang maybe once every 4~6 months maybe less, performance was stellar and the phone would just fly effortlessly through everything I threw at It, however now, with this "update" my phone is hanging multiple times a day, which is horrible.
    What's the easiest way to "force " a higher OS on my phone, I assume that the higher / newer os has been better polished, this one is just annoying, and hanging is something I just don't want to live with, it almost got me of the BlackBerry bandwagon when I was using bbos, that was horrible.
    Anybody care to help?

Z30 all day baby
    05-29-15 08:33 AM
    First off, your current OS should not behave the way you are describing. An update may not fix the problem. My Z30 has had stellar performance through all of the 10.3.1 versions.

You may have to wipe your current device to clear the cobwebs. Since you're doing that anyways, you might as well do it with the latest OS - 10.3.1.2744.

I would recommend backing up what you can with Ultimate Backup (contacts, messages, media, etc), and running an autoloader with your device connected to a PC.

Do not use Link to backup and restore - it will simply put your corrupt settings right back on your new OS.

You will have to download your apps again, add your accounts back, and adjust your settings again once complete.

Here is the link to Thurask's archive:
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...ta6F_MAr4psqA/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-29-15 08:40 AM
    First off, your current OS should not behave the way you are describing. An update may not fix the problem. My Z30 has had stellar performance through all of the 10.3.1 versions.

You may have to wipe your current device to clear the cobwebs. Since you're doing that anyways, you might as well do it with the latest OS - 10.3.1.2744.

I would recommend backing up what you can with Ultimate Backup (contacts, messages, media, etc), and running an autoloader with your device connected to a PC.

Do not use Link to backup and restore - it will simply put your corrupt settings right back on your new OS.

You will have to download your apps again, add your accounts back, and adjust your settings again once complete.

Here is the link to Thurask's archive:
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...ta6F_MAr4psqA/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Thank you for the tip, but this is exactly what I mean...what is an autoloader???......I can do a few things, but keep in mind I'm not that tech savy

Z30 all day baby
    05-29-15 08:52 AM
    Thank you for the tip, but this is exactly what I mean...what is an autoloader???......I can do a few things, but keep in mind I'm not that tech savy

Z30 all day baby
    It is an executable file for your PC which wipes your device and installs a fresh OS on it.

Just download, unzip, plug in your device, and run the file.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    05-29-15 09:03 AM
    I have to add that I've been on 1784 for about 2 months and have not really had any particular issues. Does it hang after using any particular app or apps? I even run quite a number of android apps. I do try closing them periodically using another Android app called Taskmanager.

But using an Autoloader is very simple. Just find a version of the OS you would like. Download the autoloader. Plug in your phone to usb/computer and run the Autoloader. Now, as suggested, sometimes restoring data, apps and/or settings might restore something that was not running right in the first place.
    05-29-15 10:00 AM