I have been given my Dad's old Z30. The problem is it is setup in his name with a email that no longer exists and a password he has long forgotten. Everywhere I turn I need a password that I can't recover because the email is defunct. I just need to wipe this thing clear and start over. You tube was of no help.
    05-17-20 11:19 PM
    I have been given my Dad's old Z30. The problem is it is setup in his name with a email that no longer exists and a password he has long forgotten. Everywhere I turn I need a password that I can't recover because the email is defunct. I just need to wipe this thing clear and start over. You tube was of no help.
    How far can you get with the device after turning it on? Can you find out the OS version?

At a certain version number, device theft protection was included that basically locks the BBID and password in memory that can't be changed or cleared without the password. So, without it, you have a brick.
    05-18-20 12:27 AM
    Hi! I would try either forcing the forgotten password as many times asked before wiping itself, or reinstalling the OS via a loader you can easily find around here in the community. There are links for the desired downloads you may chose. Fingers crossed mate!
    05-18-20 11:37 AM
    Hi! I would try either forcing the forgotten password as many times asked before wiping itself, or reinstalling the OS via a loader you can easily find around here in the community. There are links for the desired downloads you may chose. Fingers crossed mate!
    That only gets around the device password - not the BBID login/password.
    05-18-20 11:44 AM
    That's why I asked if the OP could see the installed OS version.

Unless it's an old OS version - older than 10.3.2 released in Sept of 2015, that won't work. It's still going to ask for the BBID, first thing. That was the whole point of the added theft protection. Wiping or running an autoloader won't get you past that.
    05-18-20 11:48 AM