Can I set the mute button so it turns off all sounds on the Z30. Sometimes I want to get in a quick game of Trivia Crack but I don't want any sounds including the start up music. Other times someone will come in my office and I just want to turn off all sounds for 1 or 2 minutes. I can't seem to get the Z30 to do that.
    03-18-15 11:32 AM
    For your first idea, not possible with Mute key specifically. However in Quick Settings (i.e. Swipedown menu from top of screen) you can have have one of the Notifications be Silent or Phone Calls Only. These mute all system sounds (except incoming phone calls with Phone Calls Only) such as Camera shutter and alerts. However you would still need to manually use the Volume Down key to turn off sounds of a particular game. Or some games will remember a sounds-off setting if they have one.

You set this up by going to Settings / Notifications then selecting Quick Settings in bottom bar. Whichever profiles you check off will be toggled through whenever you tap icon beside Notifications in Quick Settings menu.

For your second point, you could also use the Quick Settings option. However OS 10.3 brings other options too. In Settings / Advanced Interaction you could enable Flip To Mute. (Only silences one phone call though.) or in Calendar app's Settings you can enable Meeting Mode.
    Swipe down from the top > settings>notifications><star at the bottom for "quick settings>'tick' silent... then you'll have it available to you from the 'notifications' tab in the top swipe down.
    03-18-15 11:47 AM
    Yes you can....settings menu, notifications, silent or settings, notifications, sound, off....not sure what OS. Should be easy to find under notifications.
    03-18-15 11:48 AM
    For your first idea, not possible with Mute key specifically. However in Quick Settings (i.e. Swipedown menu from top of screen) you can have have one of the Notifications be Silent or Phone Calls Only. These mute all system sounds (except incoming phone calls with Phone Calls Only) such as Camera shutter and alerts. However you would still need to manually use the Volume Down key to turn off sounds of a particular game. Or some games will remember a sounds-off setting if they have one.

You set this up by going to Settings / Notifications then selecting Quick Settings in bottom bar. Whichever profiles you check off will be toggled through whenever you tap icon beside Notifications in Quick Settings menu.

For your second point, you could also use the Quick Settings option. However OS 10.3 brings other options too. In Settings / Advanced Interaction you could enable Flip To Mute. (Only silences one phone call though.) or in Calendar app's Settings you can enable Meeting Mode.
    03-18-15 11:55 AM
    Thanks but I already knew these. In my lie of work I have people walking in and out of my office, I use my phone to play music and other things I need a QUICK way to mute the sounds. It's very simple electronics, it's called a switch. Turn the speaker off. No wonder blackberry are going broke. Useless.
    03-18-15 12:23 PM
    Good luck to you then.
    03-18-15 01:24 PM
    Thanks but I already knew these. In my lie of work I have people walking in and out of my office, I use my phone to play music and other things I need a QUICK way to mute the sounds. It's very simple electronics, it's called a switch. Turn the speaker off. No wonder blackberry are going broke. Useless.
    It's not going broke. We just gave you a switch... it's the quick settings and you tap on the square not the rectangle. Are you looking for a automated switch??

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:48 PM