Hi, I have the Google play store on my Z30, yet, I am unable to install Google play services. If there was a thread, forgive me as I didn't know of one. I keep getting a message unable to load. What do I do?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:05 AM
    You can put Google play services on your z30 now??

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:27 AM
    05-07-15 11:35 AM
    ^^ this

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    05-07-15 11:38 AM
    You cannot load Google Play Services on a BlackBerry. Period. Full Stop.

You can patch apps in an attempt to fool them, but if the services are actually required for the app to function, it will not.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-07-15 11:38 AM
    Thanks. I went back, and searched through a bunch of threads, yet, like you said, it was all coming back to patches, and they were hit and miss as well. At least I got the store to work on my phone. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 11:44 AM
    Hey, it's OK. I went through thread, after thread, to other posts, and so forth. I was asking for help. I just finally realised that it was leading me back to patches, and it was more trouble than it was worth....didn't sound too stable to me...:-)

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 12:21 PM
    You cannot load Google Play Services on a BlackBerry. Period. Full Stop.

You can patch apps in an attempt to fool them, but if the services are actually required for the app to function, it will not.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    this is only half true, with cobalts google play store i can run any and almost all apps i couldn't before with google play services built into it.
    05-07-15 12:44 PM
    whats google?
    05-07-15 01:37 PM
    Sorry, just loaded the 3 apps required here and it allowed me to load Google Play Services. I wanted to use an app, Team Snap, that now requires GPS (it didn't originally last year when I loaded it from Snap, not related to Team Snap). As soon as I loaded it via the above, the app works.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-07-15 01:44 PM
    this is only half true, with cobalts google play store i can run any and almost all apps i couldn't before with google play services built into it.
    I don't think you understand how it works.

Cobalt's tools swap out map dependencies, and gets rid of annoying splash screens. It can also trick apps into thinking you have it installed and working, when in fact you don't. That's about it.

Google Play Services cannot be installed (or at least can not be installed to actually function) . If the app requires them in order to run, then the app will not run. It's that simple.

The Google Play Store is something else entirely. It can be installed, as well as some login tools.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    moody likes this.
    05-07-15 01:47 PM
    I dunno but you can't install Google Play Services from Play Store. Some android apps will ask for it and direct you there. You sure it wasn't 10.3.x with better runtime that allowed you to run more apps? Pretty sure Cobalt only patches apps. Hasn't allowed me to run any more apps. I'm still on 10.2.x tho.
    05-07-15 01:48 PM
    Dude, i applaud your efforts on this forum. you are a better man than me. lol

Cobalt's tools swap out map dependencies, and gets rid of annoying splash screens. It can also trick apps into thinking you have it installed and working, when in fact you don't. That's about it.

Google Play Services cannot be installed (or at least can not be installed to actually function) . If the app requires them in order to run, then the app will not run. It's that simple.

The Google Play Store is something else entirely. It can be installed, as well as some login tools.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-07-15 01:53 PM
    Just hand it over to NSA, they'll fix it in a snap..
    05-07-15 02:46 PM
    Just hand it over to NSA, they'll fix it in a snap..
    And put some lovely gizmos in to such up even more personal data. What a lovely world...

05-07-15 03:00 PM
    I dunno but you can't install Google Play Services from Play Store. Some android apps will ask for it and direct you there. You sure it wasn't 10.3.x with better runtime that allowed you to run more apps? Pretty sure Cobalt only patches apps. Hasn't allowed me to run any more apps. I'm still on 10.2.x tho.
    using his google play store with the way he does it i can run apps that i couldnt before without patching them. Candy crush snapchat etc etc.
    05-07-15 04:11 PM
    you can also install mobile1.com
    05-07-15 04:29 PM
    using his google play store with the way he does it i can run apps that i couldnt before without patching them. Candy crush snapchat etc etc.
    Has nothing to do with Google Play Services.

His patched Google Play Store however allows you to download obb files and make in-app purchases through your google account.

Don't get we wrong though - Cobalt's work is awesome.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    Last edited by conite; 05-07-15 at 04:50 PM.
    05-07-15 04:40 PM
    Double post
    05-07-15 04:41 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    PS app requires it yet runs perfectly. iFruit for gta v requires it yet runs. Ingress a game made by google that absolutely requires it, yet runs. See where I am going with this. the only app I haven't been able to run is Snapchat. The ONLY one.
    At the time of writing this, I have 120 google play store apps on my passport. about 80 native ones too.
    05-08-15 12:08 AM
    Buy a Android !!!
    djtim and anon(5597702) like this.
    05-08-15 04:03 AM
    PS app requires it yet runs perfectly. iFruit for gta v requires it yet runs. Ingress a game made by google that absolutely requires it, yet runs. See where I am going with this. the only app I haven't been able to run is Snapchat. The ONLY one.
    At the time of writing this, I have 120 google play store apps on my passport. about 80 native ones too.
    OK. I'm about done with this. I don't know how many ways I can say this.

Google Play Services has been coded into the Android Runtime to be blocked. Those services cannot be provided.

Ingress, for instance, does not require Google Play Services, only the login service (which can be installed and works fairly well). I'm running this game on my device right now, installed through Snap, without even having installed the Google Play Services apk (which is used from time to time to help fool some apps). I didn't even patch the game either. Although nag screens persist.

I have over 60 Android apps on my phone too.

There is a difference between apps that "say" they need GPS but can be patched to remove those dependencies or nag screens, and apps that need those services to function - which we ultimately can't provide them on a BlackBerry (by design).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    05-08-15 06:38 AM
    Screw GPS anyway, I don't need/want them tracking EVERYTHING I do on my phone. It's just another door to let THEM in.
    05-08-15 08:42 AM
    Search before posting...This has been answered too many times!

Posted via CB10
    I find CrackBerry's thread search function to be pretty useless most of the time. I always check for topics before posting and often never see one pertaining to what I'm looking for and yet I know the threads are out there somewhere but the only way to get an answer is to ask again. The most annoying aspect of it all is having to be told time and time again to "try searching before asking...." by people who seem to have a superiority complex. Perhaps next time you post a comment like that you could provide all the links related to the OP's question rather than getting all shirty and saying nothing.
    05-08-15 08:46 AM
    @conite, I agree with you on this thread finishing. I wish I didn't start this one now.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 09:51 AM
32 12