I'm a Verizon customer and presently have a BB Z30 and they have not released new newer 10.3 software to any of their customers. Is there a link or mirror that I can use in order to go around this??
    05-25-15 09:21 AM
    Download one of these autoloaders for your phone. I'd recommend 10.3.1.2744 or 10.3.2xx. Just know that on 10.3.2.500 and up you won't be able to go backwards to any earlier OS.

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.500
    SansPants likes this.
    05-25-15 10:16 AM
    You might also investigate using Sachesi (check the OS leak subforum for more info) and you can do a NON-destructive upgrade. An Autoloader will erase all data (destructive update) but sometimes it makes sense to clean out the device with an autoloader.

In any event no matter which way you go for the update, make a backup of your current device using BBLink.

Verizon, here, too. I've been on a version of 10.3.1.xxxx for months now and really like it. I'm too lazy so have not done the most recent 10.3.1.xxx version. And I don't want to irrevocably step to 10.3.2.xxxx although most reports are it is pretty darn good.
    05-25-15 10:25 AM
    Just do a Google search for "SACHESI for BlackBerry" and it'll link you to the post here and the most current version along with instructions. It is very simple. Read and follow the instructions.

I always use SACHESI for a non-destructive update meaning nothing is wiped or deleted from the device. Definitely do a backup with BlackBerry Link just in case although I've never had any issues.

SACHESI will automatically find the latest official OS for your device. I don't use "leaks", just use SACHESI to mimic an official OS update. I just updated my father's Z10 a few weeks ago and have to do my sister's Z30 soon. 10.3.1 is like night and day compared to what they have now. Both my father and sister are on Verizon as well.

As for a quick guide and what I see as the easiest way to update is non-destructive via SACHESI with an official OS. When I did my dad's phone I got an official 10.3.1 from Rogers in Canada (SACHESI automatically found this). Just plug the device into PC, BlackBerry Link will likely open at that point and you'll see mass storage enabled. Wait a few minutes then in BlackBerry Link do a full backup. Make sure you close BlackBerry Link after the backup.

From that point download the current version of SACHESI. I use Windows so downloaded SACHESI for Windows. Then open the folder click on SACHESI and extract all. SACHESI will be ready to run at this point so open SACHESI from there with your device still connected and you'll have to put in your password. After that just hit search next to the device connected and you should see something similar to "there is an update to 10.3.1 available for your device". Download it and wait. When it is finished hit install and it will begin updating your device.

It is really simple. Basically just run SACHESI, put in your password, search for an update, download it, then install. Your device will be updated with an official OS from another carrier since Verizon is terrible with updates. Everything you previously had on the device will still be there if you use this method.

This is my preference since I know I'm getting an official OS and once finished I unplug my device and I'm done. No need to lose anything or have to restore or use a leaked OS. Hope this helps.

Other people will point out that autoloaders are better since they wipe everything, but in my opinion, if you are going to restore everything anyway I don't see the point. They are good if you want the latest leaked OS or if you are having problems with your device. BlackBerry Link also has an option to reload software if there are any issues which will wipe the device and reinstall.

Personally, I'm more comfortable installing an official OS released by BlackBerry so I use the method I posted. Plus there is no restoring anything, it is basically the same as if Verizon were to push out the update. I did have a few apps from Rogers that I deleted afterwards. Most carriers will add a few of their apps depending on which carrier's OS is pulled from SACHESI. You can just delete these when finished.

This is a major upgrade and it'll be like getting a new phone again. There is so much in the new OS. Android apps run a million times better on 10.3.1 as well. Little to no lag upon opening which I used to have with 10.2. I'd definitely do it one way or another!

Edit: Major typos going from the Passport all weekend back to the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, SansPants, Slow Joe and 3 others like this.
    05-25-15 11:12 AM
    @RLTurn77- so far this has been the simplist explanation of how to do this. This computer illiterate is in the process of installing this on her phone right now!!! You will hear me screaming when I am done! Either in delight, if it worked.....or in frustration if I brick my phone!!! So I will say thanks now. The posse may be after you later! lol
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    05-26-15 06:40 PM
    @RLTurn77- so far this has been the simplist explanation of how to do this. This computer illiterate is in the process of installing this on her phone right now!!! You will hear me screaming when I am done! Either in delight, if it worked.....or in frustration if I brick my phone!!! So I will say thanks now. The posse may be after you later! lol
    Oh no... I'll have to reread my post to make sure I got it all out right lol. It's much easier than many think!

I think the lengthy instructions and all the beware, do this, do that, scares people away. I was very hesitant at first, but once I did it I realized how simple it was. Especially with SACHESI automatically finding the latest official OS for me!

Hopefully all goes well. I've never had a problem and never had to use a backup... let me/us know how things go :-)

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    05-26-15 07:36 PM
    Did you hear it??? It was a scream of joy!!!! I can't believe I was able to do it. You DID make it sound so easy and that removed some of the fear for me. That was my very first time I updated my phone when it didn't come directly from the Verizon gods OTA. So THANK YOU -THANK YOU!!!!!! W00-hoo. Gotta play around with it now!!
    RLTurn77 and FF22 like this.
    05-26-15 08:06 PM
    Did you hear it??? It was a scream of joy!!!! I can't believe I was able to do it. You DID make it sound so easy and that removed some of the fear for me. That was my very first time I updated my phone when it didn't come directly from the Verizon gods OTA. So THANK YOU -THANK YOU!!!!!! W00-hoo. Gotta play around with it now!!
    Awesome!!! Enjoy the new OS... it is like night and day compared to what Verizon had you on! Plenty of new features to play around with. Like a brand new phone!

It sounds overwhelming, but really it's just run SACHESI, download OS, install OS. I'm glad that you are not screaming at me for bricking your phone lol.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    05-26-15 08:25 PM
    After that just hit search next to the device connected and you should see something similar to "there is an update to 10.3.1 available for your device".
    Thanks for your comments and helpful instructions. Just have a question, will SACHESI be able to tell what the latest available OS for a connected device is anywhere? I know if you enter the Country and Carrier codes, SACHESI will find the latest version from that carrier, but how about the latest version available from any carrier? Where one will be able to find the latest version ever released for a particular device (say Q10 in my case)? So far I have been able to find 10.3.1.2708 from Telus, Canada. But, not sure if there is any newer version available.

Thanks for your help.
    05-29-15 10:01 AM
    Use a autoloader and it is so simple and pretty much safe and im on 10.3.2.680.

Live and load the latest leak and see what the hel l you been missing
    05-29-15 10:32 AM
    Thanks for your comments and helpful instructions. Just have a question, will SACHESI be able to tell what the latest available OS for a connected device is anywhere? I know if you enter the Country and Carrier codes, SACHESI will find the latest version from that carrier, but how about the latest version available from any carrier? Where one will be able to find the latest version ever released for a particular device (say Q10 in my case)? So far I have been able to find 10.3.1.2708 from Telus, Canada. But, not sure if there is any newer version available.

Thanks for your help.
    I have never entered any country or carrier codes when doing a non-destructive update using SACHESI.

Where you see the device connected, I have always just hit search and whichever OS comes up for that device should be the latest official OS released by BlackBerry from any carrier.

As you know, you can dig deeper to see what carrier the update is coming from. I did this prior to downloading out of curiosity and the OS was pulled from Rogers/Canada.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 05:37 PM
    check in BB app world. its available on there
    05-29-15 06:30 PM
    check in BB app world. its available on there
    Sachesi was on BlackBerry World a while ago then got pulled. Google it to find it on the net.

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    05-29-15 06:52 PM
    @RLTurn77....I have been playing around with this new os for a few days now and I have to thank you again for your instructions. It's like I have a brand new phone!!! I haven't run into a single problem with it yet and there were a few apps I wanted to try out that weren't compatible with the 10.2. Now my daughter is bringing hers over tomorrow for me to update it for her. I can't believe I waited this long to try it but I didn't want to deal with losing everything! THANK YOU!!!!
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    05-29-15 11:26 PM
    Where you see the device connected, I have always just hit search and whichever OS comes up for that device should be the latest official OS released by BlackBerry from any carrier.
    Thanks for the info. I have tried that, but if I don't put any Country/Carrier in and just press Search, the old (10.3.1.2576) OS version that I had on the Q10 would still come up as the latest. However, by typing in the 302/220 Country/Carrier combo, I was able to download and install 2708 on the Q10 without any issues.

By the way, this has been my first install using SACHESI, and it has been extremely easy and straight forward. I had tried it before without success on my Macbook, but it works like a charm on my new Windows 8 laptop (sold the Mac). Love it.
    05-30-15 06:27 AM
    @RLTurn77....I have been playing around with this new os for a few days now and I have to thank you again for your instructions. It's like I have a brand new phone!!! I haven't run into a single problem with it yet and there were a few apps I wanted to try out that weren't compatible with the 10.2. Now my daughter is bringing hers over tomorrow for me to update it for her. I can't believe I waited this long to try it but I didn't want to deal with losing everything! THANK YOU!!!!
    Awesome! I was the same, really didn't want to setup my phone again as I have everything exactly how I like it. I'm glad that you didn't have any problems and are enjoying the new OS. I can't imagine going back to 10.2 now. Seems really outdated compared to 10.3.1.

I waited forever to update to 10.2.1(?) a while back as it seemed like leaks and doing it yourself was too difficult, but once I did it the first time I was thinking "wow that was actually really easy and cool" lol. I try to keep my family updated as well. Just have my sister left on 10.2 with Verizon so waiting to update her device next.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    05-30-15 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the info. I have tried that, but if I don't put any Country/Carrier in and just press Search, the old (10.3.1.2576) OS version that I had on the Q10 would still come up as the latest. However, by typing in the 302/220 Country/Carrier combo, I was able to download and install 2708 on the Q10 without any issues.

By the way, this has been my first install using SACHESI, and it has been extremely easy and straight forward. I had tried it before without success on my Macbook, but it works like a charm on my new Windows 8 laptop (sold the Mac). Love it.
    Hmmm... interesting. I really don't mess around with the county or carrier codes as I wrote. Sometimes I'll mess around with it to see where the OS is coming from or put in different codes, but always just update from whatever OS automatically comes up as "update available". Mostly because I only use it for major updates. Used it to get from 10.2 to 10.3.1 and after that I can usually wait for the carrier unless a major update is released again.

Same here with Windows. I've used SACHESI so many times now that it's just second nature at this point. Glad that it was an easy install with your Windows laptop.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 11:32 AM
    RLTurn77 you mentioned from above that the SACHESI will update with an official OS from another carrier. Will the Verizon LTE still work? I remember reading that someone couldn't get their Verizon LTE after updating. Which makes me think I shouldn't update because I too have Verizon.
    06-01-15 04:27 PM
    RLTurn77 you mentioned from above that the SACHESI will update with an official OS from another carrier. Will the Verizon LTE still work? I remember reading that someone couldn't get their Verizon LTE after updating. Which makes me think I shouldn't update because I too have Verizon.
    I believe maddie (poster above) has Verizon and followed my instructions successfully. I may have already written in this thread that I updated my dad's Verizon Z10 through SACHESI and I checked the OS it pulled (was automatically a STA one until hitting search next to the device which then changed to STL).

After you hit search (where it shows the connected device which would be your Z30) and it shows the update for your device, you can view the OS.

My dad's Z10 came from Rogers/Canada and still gets great coverage and full LTE at home. Still have to update my sister's Z30, but I updated that Z30 when it was mine to 10.2.1 via SACHESI and had full LTE on Verizon (pulled again through Rogers).

I'm now with AT&T which is why she has my Z30. You could always just put in the codes for Rogers and your device. Did not change coverage or LTE on the Z10 to 10.3.1 and when I did the Z30 to 10.2.1.

Or... after you search for the update next to your device check where the OS is coming from. For some reason I mostly get the official updates from Rogers. Never had a problem loading from them and it is non-destructive.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:58 PM
    I updated and still have 4G LTE. Go for it..you won't believe what you are missing. Really, we could hang waiting for Verizon to push it out.
    06-01-15 07:02 PM
    Here is some more information for you on non-destructive updates as well as using an autoloader for your specific device if you are willing to wipe it.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...r/td-p/2466747

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:03 PM
    HI. I followed your instructions, (I think ). Downloaded the files in Sachesi. They went to the Sachesi folder in my downloads folder in a new folder labeled 10.3.1.1779. I them opened the install tab on Sachesi and dragged the entire folder there and let go. It failed, saying there was not enough memory available.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks
    06-03-15 02:16 PM
    HI. I followed your instructions, (I think ). Downloaded the files in Sachesi. They went to the Sachesi folder in my downloads folder in a new folder labeled 10.3.1.1779. I them opened the install tab on Sachesi and dragged the entire folder there and let go. It failed, saying there was not enough memory available.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks
    You downloaded both Sachesi and the "OS-package" on your computer? Do you know at what point you get the MEMORY error? As it was trying to load to the phone or while still processing the OS in Sachesi? Do you have much memory left on the phone? It is possible you might have to free up memory on the phone.
    06-03-15 04:21 PM

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks
    Seems to be correct. You download the OS for your device and when you hit install you would then choose that OS to install. Seems like you didn't have enough storage to do the update. If you did, that would be it and you'd have the new OS installed. Really easy to do.

This is from the official instructions; 6. Last but not least: Check that you have +/- 1.5 GB* of free space on your internal memory. Unlike the OTA process, Sachesi --as of date-- does not check available space. If not, move/delete files and/or uninstall apps until you have enough space.
    (* this is an estimate based on a +/- 1GB total update)

I will link you to the official instructions. I only wrote a basic writeup as some can be intimidated by the official instructions although in your case it seems as though your memory is low.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:04 AM
    Okay, possibly another stupid question, but I can't find the answer anywhere and I'd rather be safe than sorry: I have a Verizon Z30, which is model STA100-3. SACHESI keeps finding me an update, but it says it's for STA100-5. Is it safe to install? I'm concerned it will screw up which bands are set for my phone. I do not want to lose LTE.

Thanks!
    06-06-15 02:26 PM