I go to settings media sharing my tv is there and have check mark. I start a YouTube video press play on on the phone doesn't find anything to play on ?

Any help would be appreciated thx!!

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-03-14 09:12 PM
    Your TV would need to be Miracast or DLNA compatible. Otherwise use a Micro HDMI cable if your TV has HDMI inputs.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-03-14 09:16 PM
    I just realized i can listen to music on tv from phone i can display pictures or slide show but can't play any of my video that i recorded from my phone says file not compatible. But from you tube i press play on and it doesn't find my tv is this normal. I have a Samsung smart tv

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-03-14 09:26 PM
    If i buy a miracast adapter does it need to be plugged in the phone or its wireless from phone

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-03-14 09:30 PM
    You said you can listen to music from your phone on the tv, have you tried some other videos. I recall hearing youtube is hit and miss for playing on tv.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:36 PM
    Every time i try to play a video that i recorded with phone it says (the file can't be played due to unexpected error

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-03-14 09:44 PM
    Try record a video in landscape mode and play it on TV
    It will work

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 03:58 AM
    Nope!

How to connect to tv?-img_00000458.png

I think this has to do with what media formats are compatible with you particular television.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:50 AM
    Not sure if this helps.. I have a Samsung smart TV but it does not support miracast. For YouTube if you open the app on the TV you can pair the app with your phone. Once it's paired you can play any YouTube video on your TV, when you play the video on YouTube on the bottom right you will find the option to play on your phone or the TV. Works great with the YouTube app and the YouTube desktop site.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 05:47 PM
    Thank you finally working !! Have Samsung as well needed to do exactly what you said !!

Cheers !!!

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-04-14 10:47 PM
    Wait! You can connect to a non miracast Samsung smart TV? I have the smart TV 8000. Would this work on it?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:49 PM
    Yes go to you tube app on tv hit setting then pair device then open you tube on phone and go to settings pair device and voil� couldn't believe it lol

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-04-14 11:35 PM
    Wait! You can connect to a non miracast Samsung smart TV? I have the smart TV 8000. Would this work on it?

Posted via CB10
    My TV is a 8000 series Samsung as well. Connecting the phone to the TV works great for YouTube. Were you able to
    figure it out?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:16 AM
    My TV is a 8000 series Samsung as well. Connecting the phone to the TV works great for YouTube. Were you able to
    figure it out?

Posted via CB10
    Didn't try yet. Is this only for YouTube?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:17 AM
    Didn't try yet. Is this only for YouTube?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's only for YouTube. But DLNA works great for pictures, videos and songs saved on your device and viewing them on the TV. You can even control the TV volume from the phone when using DLNA.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 11:01 AM
    Yeah it's only for YouTube. But DLNA works great for pictures, videos and songs saved on your device and viewing them on the TV. You can even control the TV volume from the phone when using DLNA.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but what is dlna? Does the Samsung smart TV have it?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 11:28 AM
    Sorry but what is dlna? Does the Samsung smart TV have it?

Posted via CB10
    DLNA (Dynamic Living Network Alliance) is supported by the Samsung TV. If you open a picture for example and hit the 3 dots on the bottom left. In the menu there is a "Play On" option. If you select that it scans your network and as long as the Samsung TV is connected (via wifi or LAN) it will detect it. When it shows up select it and the picture will display on your TV. You can swipe through the pics and they will all display. You can do the same with songs and videos (you can control the TV volume when there is audio). The only thing with DLNA is the files have to be saved on the phone. Try it out.. just make sure in Settings under Media Sharing you have "Share Pictures", "Share Music", "Share Videos" all toggled "On".

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 11:46 AM
    DLNA (Dynamic Living Network Alliance) is supported by the Samsung TV. If you open a picture for example and hit the 3 dots on the bottom left. In the menu there is a "Play On" option. If you select that it scans your network and as long as the Samsung TV is connected (via wifi or LAN) it will detect it. When it shows up select it and the picture will display on your TV. You can swipe through the pics and they will all display. You can do the same with songs and videos (you can control the TV volume when there is audio). The only thing with DLNA is the files have to be saved on the phone. Try it out.. just make sure in Settings under Media Sharing you have "Share Pictures", "Share Music", "Share Videos" all toggled "On".

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! You're a great help

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 12:43 PM
    I can stream music,video and pictures to my wd live hub with wifi, also to my philips TV and only stream nusiv and pictures to my surround hifi set.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 02:36 PM
    I had the same issue so I finally just purchased a (D-A) cable on mycouchconnect.com. No set-up required, just plug and play. I was even able to pinch and zoom which I was never able to do with a wireless connection! It was only $29.99!
    01-24-14 05:06 PM