I think the added benefit of a loyalty tradeup deal is that you obviously get to get the stock on the market at a huge discount without simply looking like a loser. You come out and say completely openly that you know people have been scared off of committing to a new BlackBerry because of the uncertainty, etc, but that people can now jump on it - the water is warm. I don't think any of this is going to happen though, and I really wonder how BlackBerry are planning on dealing with the Z30 sales failure that seems imminent.

Posted via CB10
    I really want BlackBerry to succeed. I mean, before I was a tad apathetic to the company but I've been with their devices for a while now and I'm literally worried to have to change brands.
    01-23-14 04:37 AM
    I believe BlackBerry now knows what they need to do to compete, their focus on enterprise and the new Jakarta are evidence of this. Also, the current Z30 is a fantastic device, it performs so smooth, can't wait to see how this product evolves.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    CerveloJohn, CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-23-14 07:06 AM
    I don't actually buy the story that BlackBerry wants to concentrate on enterprise phones. I think it's an excuse for the challenge of selling phones more generally.

I mean, the very next phone being released is for the mass market, and does anyone actually think BlackBerry is going to sell a phone that is somehow amazing for enterprise and rubbish for general use? It makes no sense, even though it's a great story for the media and Wall Street.

No, BlackBerry want back on the phone biz, and they will be working on getting that done.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-23-14 07:25 AM
    ^^^ THIS.
    Remember : each device sold in Enterprises can be discounted (as low as 1% net margin), because they are attached to reccuring revenues ... a la BIS for individuals: the former milk cow.
    Not if they buy a lifetime CAL. There are yearly ones, and one time fee options.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 11:47 AM
    The retailers here play on the lack of knowledge people have... think, the older generation and people that don't know about technology... and so they take advantagea. The mark is ridiculously high, the staff should just wear black and white stripe shirts

Posted via CB10
    I find that the younger generation are equally as ignorant about technology too. Which is why Apple does well with its clever marketing of its "hip" devices.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-24-14 07:11 AM

They now choose to focus back to their home playfield : enterprises.
    And I applause.
    Lmfao enterprise... what selling 80000 phones to the DOD... that pathetic to suggest that where the money is for BlackBerry lies enterprise.

While apple android( even lenovo mobiles and weird Chinese mobile companies are selling more mobile and making bigger profits than BlackBerry) and even chappy windows is selling millions weekly BlackBerry focusing on enterprise. Sure that's where the money is and sure that what's going to get the out of there financial dilemmas

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:31 AM
    Not if they buy a lifetime CAL. There are yearly ones, and one time fee options.

Posted via CB10
    Not 100% sure (quite, yet) but I believe this has changed.
    Now you have yearly CALs but you can subscribe to a corporate upgrade plan to gain free upgrades.
    I believe lifetime CALs don't exist anymore.
    How Can the Z30 Sell When BlackBerry Are Stuck On Unrealistic Pricing?-capture.png

Also do not forget all the extended services (besides CARE) like premium support.

Have to double-check that. Will be back abt it.

Edit

Confirmed (see exception) by an official BlackBerry French P.R [translated]

One time fee options for BES10 doesn't exit, it's annual only.
    Exception is for the BES5->BES10 licence tradeup resulting in EMM Corporate one time fee.
    This doesn't apply to Secure workspace at all.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-24-14 at 12:41 PM.
    01-24-14 11:48 AM
    Lmfao enterprise [...]
    I'd suggest you'll check where the BlackBerry cash comes from.
    hint : not from devices.
    01-24-14 11:56 AM
    Not 100% sure (quite, yet) but I believe this has changed.
    Now you have yearly CALs but you can subscribe to a corporate upgrade plan to gain free upgrades.
    I believe lifetime CALs don't exist anymore.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	296 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	241379

Also do not forget all the extended services (besides CARE) like premium support.

Have to double-check that. Will be back abt it.

Edit

Confirmed (see exception) by an official BlackBerry French P.R [translated]

One time fee options for BES10 doesn't exit, it's annual only.
    Exception is for the BES5->BES10 licence tradeup resulting in EMM Corporate one time fee.
    This doesn't apply to Secure workspace at all.
    They did change it. Pretty recent too because I saw the lifetime ones a few months ago. In the US it is $19 per year for the BlackBerry EMM Corporate CAL, which includes support, or $75 for the EMM Secure Workspace CAL which adds Balance to iPhone and Android. It really isn't a lot of money. When you think of let's say the DoD went 100% BlackBerry with 100,000 BB10 devices would only be about $1.9 Million per year. Have we ever gotten a number from BlackBerry on how many BES CALS are in service currently? I would think fewer than 10 Million globally which would be only about $190 Million per year. There is growth potential with iOS and Android being more expensive. But they would need to get a lot of device managed to break a Billion dollars in revenue from BES per year.

I still think it is sad they run BED on Windows still. They should really work on just making the BES run on BB10 or make a Linux installation.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 01:03 PM
    @BBUK14 - You know your stuff mate, and are clearly very switched on. I'm also in the UK, and confirm everything that you've said about current BlackBerry sales in this thread. This guy speaks reality. Hardly anybody in the UK are aware of how good BB10 is, hence going for the Androids and iPhone's time after time.
    02-08-14 11:23 AM
    @BBUK14 - You know your stuff mate, and are clearly very switched on. I'm also in the UK, and confirm everything that you've said about current BlackBerry sales in this thread. This guy speaks reality. Hardly anybody in the UK are aware of how good BB10 is, hence going for the Androids and iPhone's time after time.
    Thanks for that mate. On a positive note, I have been seeing far more Z10s and Q10s in the wild over the last two months. The UK is much different than the US; loads if people still own BlackBerry phones, even if they are old ones. I just hope that the Jakarta is sold in the UK, and that it is sold as cheaply as possible. For now at least, a penny profit on the Jakarta device, and BlackBerry 10 in the hands of another user, should be considered a win.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:23 PM
    Thanks for that mate. On a positive note, I have been seeing far more Z10s and Q10s in the wild over the last two months. The UK is much different than the US; loads if people still own BlackBerry phones, even if they are old ones. I just hope that the Jakarta is sold in the UK, and that it is sold as cheaply as possible. For now at least, a penny profit on the Jakarta device, and BlackBerry 10 in the hands of another user, should be considered a win.

Posted via CB10
    No worries man. Yeah, I've seen a few more Z10's in the wild, but definitely not Q10's. I seem to be the only person with a Q10 in my area! People stare when they see that it's in a leather holster and I remove it to use it. Then again, it is a backwards part of the country whre I'm from.
    02-08-14 02:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    No worries man. Yeah, I've seen a few more Z10's in the wild as of recently, but definitely not Q10's. I seem to be the only person with a Q10 in my area! People stare at me when they see that it's in a leather holster and I remove it to use it. Very strange. Then again, it is a backwards part of the country where I'm from.
    02-08-14 02:34 PM
    where i buy bbz 30 whight display
    11-24-14 08:26 AM
264 ... 91011