The pricing of z30 is the same at 550 dollars in my country it feels sad because even if i wanted to have bb flagship it seems like the price is competing with the leading in the market but in terms of software or features even hardware camera z30 seems to be left behind with the price of 550 dollars i can buy a camphone with ois, tons of cam. Features 1080p screen software gimmicks and so on i know that z30 performs as good as this flagships but in terms of other software or hardware features it seems to me like bb has stand no chance. i guess this is one of the problem that former bb lover who are forced to change platform during the yr where bb have no flagship phone and wanted to go back to BB. we wanted to go back but the pricing is rediculously high and yet it would not give us any clear advantage on the phone that we are currently using right now. Hope they could lessen the price.
    01-17-14 10:40 AM
    At this moment, customers in shops are NOT BlackBerry target market. BlackBerry has made it abundantly clear that they will be concentrating on the enterprise market.
    What you see in stores is irrelevant.
    Time will tell but think above is gonna be another huuuuge mistake...Possibly fatal one
    Shadowyugi and yessuz like this.
    01-17-14 10:42 AM
    Its available for $0 on contract where I am here in Toronto.
    To be fair, we are awesome. In Ottawa Myself.

Considering IPhone can sell there sub par phones for $800 or $900 USD and people buy them. I'm pretty sure Blackberry quality and platform stability warrant a little bit a higher price.
    01-17-14 10:45 AM
    Attachment 239312

How can BlackBerry expect to sell the Z30 if it's 500 pounds?! That's absurd. I know Chen isn't going to expose the company to that type of inventory risk again, but at this point, the most important thing seems to me to be selling phones and getting the OS some exposure. With the Galaxy S4 selling at over 100 less than the Z30, it's really all a big bad joke.

Just cut the price to 350 pounds - or even sell the thing at cost and get it out there. Waiting for a miracle is just not going to pay off. BlackBerry should just dump the Z10 and Z30 on the market as cheaply as possible and let the OS and phones speak for themselves. I just do not understand how such intelligent people can make the same mistake over and over again.

Posted via CB10
    Comparing like for like, 3 months after release the S4 was selling for 600 pounds, although I read Carphone Warehouse dropped it to 575pounds. I assure you 9 months from now the Z30 will not still be 500pounds at the shop you saw that at.

In the States here, Verizon is still asking $599 for the S4 and $549 for the Z30 off contract. They're the same $199 on contract.
    vrud likes this.
    01-17-14 10:50 AM
    Comparing like for like, 3 months after release the S4 was selling for 600 pounds, although I read Carphone Warehouse dropped it to 575pounds. I assure you 9 months from now the Z30 will not still be 500pounds at the shop you saw that at.
    The rather important difference is that the S4 was selling at �600...
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    01-17-14 10:53 AM
    Chances are, 9months from now, the Z30 won't even be selling anymore.
    01-17-14 10:54 AM
    Chances are, 9months from now, the Z30 won't even be selling anymore.
    I guess we'll see. The Z10 still is.
    01-17-14 10:59 AM
    Unfortunately, that just doesn't matter very much. BlackBerry won't sell them at all; that's the point. It's much better to sell the Z30 at a loss than not sell them, and have them sitting around in a warehouse until you write them and then sell them at a 'loss' later (think Z10).

That's just the magical thinking I was talking about. The fact that Samsung can sell devices more cheaply doesn't mean BlackBerry should stay a pointless and harmful course. The fact is that no one is going to show up and buy all those Z30s they made. They need to cut their losses, and at least gain the benefit of getting the devices out. They are just NOT going to sell. That needs to be accepted.

It's over for the Z30 launch. It's a good phone, but it's over. Really, it never started. Get ahead, dump the inventory on the market for a cheap as possible, or give it to BES10 signups, but there is just no point selling the Z30 for 500 pounds.

BlackBerry need to accept that it is better to offer nothing sell nothing or offer something at a loss and sell it, than offer something and not sell it. It's continuing to kill public perception. People don't want a phone that isn't selling. Get the damn phones sold no matter what, BlackBerry. Use your brains.

Posted via CB10

Ah yes, nothing like a bit of trolling. First, you get the price wrong and then you say it doesn't matter and that wasn't your point. As to phone quality, even blackberry haters are recognizing its the best phone on the market. Worked all day yesterday with an S4 and sorry but the BB10 is way better. There are so many things that I take for granted on my little Z10 that are just impossible on the S4. And let me tell you about the reboots, 3 in 5 hours. Yikes.
    01-17-14 11:31 AM
    Its available for $0 on contract where I am here in Toronto.
    It was $179 on a 2 year contract with Rogers in December. I even had to pay $49 for the Z10.

Plenty of better spec'd Android phones were $0 on 2 year contracts at the time.

Just east of TO.

I wanted the Z30, but could NOT justify that price. Heck, I even went Android for a few days before returning it for the Z10 for privacy reasons. BlackBerry can't win with those prices.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    01-17-14 11:35 AM
    Anyone remember the z30 launch price in Malaysia?

Was it 500 $?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:45 AM

Sales is EVERYTHING. SELL THE PHONES. Stop waiting for silly idiots to come along and pay too much for them. If the Samsung Galaxy is on sale for 390 pounds, then BlackBerry HAS TO give the Z30 for 325 or it will not sell. Wake up folks. This strategy is NOT WORKING.

Posted via CB10
    This statement "silly idiots" is uncalled for, it is more of a statement of yourself than us Z30 owners, perhaps you can do the right thing here and keep it civil.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    01-17-14 11:57 AM
    Guys, it does not matter one bit when a phone was released in relation to another phone. No consumer is going to buy a Z30 because it was released three months ago, or whatever. Just use your brains for a minutes - would you?

People buy phones in the present, not in the past or future, and they aren't running a charity. They buy a phone in a moment, and if BlackBerry are out of position in device or price, BlackBerry loses.

On top of straight up honest comparisons of features, OS and price, BlackBerry need to pay for the negative impact of the salespeople in the shops. People are price sensitive, UNLESS you are Apple and have already established a cult-like culture around brand (and well done to Apple for accomplishing that). None of this understanding is apparent in BlackBerry's pricing.

At 325 sim free in the shops, the Z30 has a chance to sell in limited numbers. A price of 299 pounds sim free at Carphone Warehouse would be perfect, as they sell the Z10 at 150.

On top of this, BlackBerry should offer a very attractive trade in price for current BlackBerry users. If you bring in your old BlackBerry, you get 50 pounds off your new BlackBerry 10 phone. It's much wiser to go after the current BlackBerry 7 user right now before they leave for Apple or Android and are lost forever, or for at least two years.

BlackBerry need to find small battles they can win, and hit them with overwhelming force. Right now that means buying their way back into the market. Alas, BlackBerry aren't likely to do any such thing. Be prepared for a massive bit of bad news about Z30 inventory in the coming months.

Posted via CB10
    Dude lol, give it up. You've said your piece and although I don't necessarily disagree, clearly most here are not siding with you. You have said your piece and repeating it differently will unlikely change any minds. We heard you the first time brother...
    01-17-14 12:08 PM
    That's where I wanted clarification - on why we believe that Z30 is not selling.
    I'm not saying that see it otherwise, I just looked at the stats and was surprised to see that they pushed so many expensive phones.

Besides, the equilibrium rule doesn't mean you need to decrease price to maximize profits.
    Perhaps they should increase the price because those crazy folks who purchase Z30 can pay even higher premium.

Also, a smartphone product can be improved by software updates (as we've seen with Z10 progress) and that would imply better user adoption without price changes. Similarly, product marketing plays a significant role.

Bottom line, I don't agree that lower price is the way to go.
    The Equilibrium rule! Oh, heaven spare me...so, BlackBerry should think of actually making the Z30 MORE expensive? ?

Honestly...

Honestly...

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 12:15 PM
    That's where I wanted clarification - on why we believe that Z30 is not selling.
    I'm not saying that see it otherwise, I just looked at the stats and was surprised to see that they pushed so many expensive phones.

Besides, the equilibrium rule doesn't mean you need to decrease price to maximize profits.
    Perhaps they should increase the price because those crazy folks who purchase Z30 can pay even higher premium.

Also, a smartphone product can be improved by software updates (as we've seen with Z10 progress) and that would imply better user adoption without price changes. Similarly, product marketing plays a significant role.

Bottom line, I don't agree that lower price is the way to go.
    I thought about this two in terms of software improving value. BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 may very well be the most substantial value improvement to date. Alternatively, a price restructure also could possibly still be a viable option.
    01-17-14 12:17 PM
    In the States here, Verizon is still asking $599 for the S4 and $549 for the Z30 off contract. They're the same $199 on contract.
    Thanks for this info.

Somehow I was carried away with all these posters blaming that Z30 is way expensive compared to competition.
    Verizon also shows that Z30 reviews are significantly better 4.8 VS 3.9 for SG4.
    Looks like a no brainer for a retail customer - a better phone and less costly.

Still I find it surprising how BB is so powerful to attract the customers with quite poor execution (personal impression).
    01-17-14 12:20 PM
    Thanks for this info.

Somehow I was carried away with all these posters blaming that Z30 is way expensive compared to competition.
    Verizon also shows that Z30 reviews are significantly better 4.8 VS 3.9 for SG4.
    Looks like a no brainer for a retail customer - a better phone and less costly.

Still I find it surprising how BB is so powerful to attract the customers with quite poor execution (personal impression).
    So, 5 reviews on the Z30 vs 100 on the S4 and your taking that to mean something logically?

That 4.8 vs 3.9 is based on average. Of course the average review for the Z30 is going to be better. Out of the little that sold, probably even less come back to review it.

Edit: Decided to check 44 Reviews for Z30 vs 571 on S4. Right that's a fair comparison to use number averages with.
    21stNow likes this.
    01-17-14 12:50 PM
    The Equilibrium rule! Oh, heaven spare me...so, BlackBerry should think of actually making the Z30 MORE expensive? ?

Honestly...

Honestly...

Posted via CB10
    Desperate time calls for desperate measures. Lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    01-17-14 12:54 PM
    Ah yes, nothing like a bit of trolling. First, you get the price wrong and then you say it doesn't matter and that wasn't your point. As to phone quality, even blackberry haters are recognizing its the best phone on the market. Worked all day yesterday with an S4 and sorry but the BB10 is way better. There are so many things that I take for granted on my little Z10 that are just impossible on the S4. And let me tell you about the reboots, 3 in 5 hours. Yikes.
    I'm a troll?? Mate, you have no idea who I am. I'm BlackBerry for life, or until they go bust.

First off, I did not get the price wrong. I posted right after being in the damn shop and looking at the phone. Well, I would have loved to actually look at it, but shops won't bother having a Z30 open on the floor, and will only order it for it for the most part. Only very few shops I'm London even have one.

The Z30 is 499.95 in Carphone Warehouse mate, sorry. I don't know another place you can even buy it off contract. You don't believe me, go and look online. Show me where it's cheaper if you like, but that's the price of the Z30 in the shops here in the UK. Don't bring up online deals, please. No one sells loads of phones through online deals. People want to go into a shop and buy a phone.

Good for you and your S4 experience. The fact is that the S4 is under 400 pounds, and the Z30 is over 100 pounds more. Madness.

Posted via CB10
    yessuz likes this.
    01-17-14 01:02 PM
    Z30 is not built with plastic only.

Posted via CB10
    Yea but they sure as hell made up for it with a 1080p screen, Snapdragon 600 and the amount of resources they put into Touchwiz.
    01-17-14 01:02 PM
    This statement "silly idiots" is uncalled for, it is more of a statement of yourself than us Z30 owners, perhaps you can do the right thing here and keep it civil.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    I wasn't calling you guys idiots. I would love a Z30, and would have bought one if I hadn't paid full price for the Z10 when it first came out. For those of us who have an emotional attachment to BlackBerry, buying the Z30 makes sense.

I was talking about BlackBerry expecting the masses to just go ahead and pay over 100 pounds more for the Z30 instead of buying an S4. Why would they? For those with no prior emotional commitment to BlackBerry, it's going to make no sense buying a 499.95 pound Z30.

I was talking about the foolish thinking of BlackBerry sales folks, and not you guys.

Posted via CB10
    yessuz and deptech like this.
    01-17-14 01:17 PM
    The answer to the OP question is pretty simple.... it can't.
    1magine and yessuz like this.
    01-17-14 01:18 PM
    Dude lol, give it up. You've said your piece and although I don't necessarily disagree, clearly most here are not siding with you. You have said your piece and repeating it differently will unlikely change any minds. We heard you the first time brother...
    This is a forum for having conversations as well as blindly chanting BlackBerry is Great. There have been disagreements, but 'give it up'makes no sense when I've simply been responding to the comments of others. If you are tired of it, then just ignore the thread, and this message. Clearly it's a topic people have strong feelings about.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 01:21 PM
    Great business plan - sell the phones at a loss - the more we sell the more we lose - hmmm...sounds like great strategy to me - Oh wait, why don't we just give them away for free? - that way we could be out of business sooner LOL
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    01-17-14 01:30 PM
    OK time to move on. Nobody left to convince here. I've been watching the same arguments for too long on these forums. Some get it, some never will. The funny thing is, many years ago, I first proposed that BB would begin to lose market share and eventually go in the tank because Apple and Android was taking over the consumer segment, and eventually all the young kids with Apples and Androids would grow, up, go to college and grad school and move into the professional world with their Apples and Androids and demand to use them instead of BBs. That if BB didn't make handhelds the users wanted soon they would be eventually face bankruptcy. This was 5 years ago. I was excoriated on these boards. I was one of the only folks to ever receive a permanent 50 point hit on Crackberry. And all those folks hating on me. 95% of them have moved on themselves to Android or Apple or Windows. Heck, even the Forum Mod who dinged me with the permanent 50 - - he's gone.

Each new gen of handheld brings a fresh batch of folks who think that because they love their handheld, that BB is great and the company will do great. And anything said to the contrary is like trying to feed bread to a stapler.
    yessuz, bbhuh and dannykavs like this.
    01-17-14 01:31 PM
    Great business plan - sell the phones at a loss - the more we sell the more we lose - hmmm...sounds like great strategy to me - Oh wait, why don't we just give them away for free? - that way we could be out of business sooner LOL
    I am stopping here for now because I agree with 1magine, but I've got to say one more thing before leaving some folks to their pathological thinking.

You criticise my 'business plan' of selling a phone at a loss, but what on earth is this current strategy going to do better? What would your strategy be? Selling at a loss is much better than not selling at all. Try to do the math there.

Anyway, to all those who think this BlackBerry strategy for the Z30 is a success, great. I think it's an unmitigated failure, and will be the cause of more bad news somewhere down the line. I'm done. Just get the damn things sold off asap, BlackBerry. Learn from your mistakes for goodness sake.

On a side note, I'll almost certainly be buying one as soon as BlackBerry are forced to write them off and chop the price like they did with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) and Shadowyugi like this.
    01-17-14 01:42 PM
264 12345 ...