On my blackberry bold, it was under a firewall where you could block text, sms and emails to all except contact list. I find I can block texts and phone calls from contacts only, but not email?
    06-11-15 08:27 PM
    On my blackberry bold, it was under a firewall where you could block text, sms and emails to all except contact list. I find I can block texts and phone calls from contacts only, but not email?

I don't think that feature is baked into the BB10 OS. At best you can manage recent email contacts via this method cut directly from the BB10 help file:

If you don't want to receive messages from specific email accounts or contacts, you can restrict the messages from appearing in the BlackBerry Hub.
    In the BlackBerry Hub, tap > > Recent Contact Management.
    Tap a contact name to add it to your restricted contacts list.
    To remove a contact from the restricted contacts list, on the Recent Contact Management screen, tap , and tap a contact name.

There are 3rd party apps that will block email from all but contacts. Of note, Runisoft offers one I've used:

Check out Super Email Blocker in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59937951

Posted via CB10

I don't think that feature is baked into the BB10 OS. At best you can manage recent email contacts via this method cut directly from the BB10 help file:

If you don't want to receive messages from specific email accounts or contacts, you can restrict the messages from appearing in the BlackBerry Hub.
    In the BlackBerry Hub, tap > > Recent Contact Management.
    Tap a contact name to add it to your restricted contacts list.
    To remove a contact from the restricted contacts list, on the Recent Contact Management screen, tap , and tap a contact name.

There are 3rd party apps that will block email from all but contacts. Of note, Runisoft offers one I've used:

Check out Super Email Blocker in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59937951

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 01:26 AM