Hello Everyone,

I have owned my Blackberry Z30 for just under a year now and have been having issues with it almost the entire time. I have worked on this with Blackberry technical support and hardware support but they perceive this to be a entirely software related issue. Basically the answer that I got from Blackberry was that I need to wait for a software update to address the issues. I haven't had any of these issues on my Z10 and I dont hear about them with my parents who own Blackberry's as well. So I was hoping that the community could provide some insight and tell me if its just me (and if I'm going cray :P) or if this actually is a Blackberry wide issue. (Helping to determine new phone plan)

The issues I have are listed:
    - Audio Issues (Volume rockers don't always respond, audio just stops and doesn't work without a restart)
    - Laggyness (Slow operation)
    - Call Quality (Lots of people complain about not being able to hear me)
    - Hub Issues (Opening up the hub {after operation} sometimes the screen is just white and it takes a period of time for it to format and come back)
    - Texting Issues (I find that sometimes it doesn't type what I want it to {ie. I may type think and it pops up as think think} or {Ie. I may type Think and it pops up as I and then when I go to delete it it returns as think}.
    - Formatting issues (Files may normally work but sometimes wont. Ie. today my media files stopped working saying they were unsupported and worked after a restart)

Attempted fixes:
    - Security wipes
    - OS updates
    - Work with BlackBerry technical support (4 months)
    - Work with Blackberry Hardware support

Is this stuff happening to anyone else at all? Is it a software issue or is it something with the phone. I like Blackberry 10 and have considered buying a cheap Passport but I don't want to spent $700 on a broken phone and broken OS

Have a good day Crackberry community.
    11-16-15 03:18 PM
    The double word typing happens for me when battery is below and it killed off something the keyboard must have relied on. I've never experienced it under normal battery and operation.

My speaker sometimes sounded bad, but it had to do with how I put the back cover on. No mic or volume issues.

I use Mobile Bandit deal app. It's Android based. Sometimes I open it and splash screen opens in seconds. Other times, green progress bar appears and takes 75-90 seconds to open. Not sure if Android or lack of location/GPS causing that.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 03:24 PM
    Those are a lot of issues for one phone. When you reloaded the OS or wiped the phone, did you restore your OLD SETTINGS/Apps?

Oh, which model and OS currently?

Open Main Settings, About, then find the model, then use the dropdown menu and find the OS version. SD-card? How large? Who's? Could be counterfeit? Carrier and sim?
    11-16-15 04:07 PM
    Never had any of the issues you
    've listed. Seldomly had cracky voice when i made long distance calls using Sparephone (voip). Sound quality is excellent on media files or via tunein/fm radio. I've experienced slowness on browser when the phone had problems deciding to route traffic through lte network or hot-spot. Numerous issues with Android apps, but if you stick with bb10 apps, pretty much most apps are ok.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 08:52 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I have owned my Blackberry Z30 for just under a year now and have been having issues with it almost the entire time. I have worked on this with Blackberry technical support and hardware support but they perceive this to be a entirely software related issue. Basically the answer that I got from Blackberry was that I need to wait for a software update to address the issues. I haven't had any of these issues on my Z10 and I dont hear about them with my parents who own Blackberry's as well. So I was hoping that the community could provide some insight and tell me if its just me (and if I'm going cray ) or if this actually is a Blackberry wide issue. (Helping to determine new phone plan)

The issues I have are listed:
    - Audio Issues (Volume rockers don't always respond, audio just stops and doesn't work without a restart)
    - Laggyness (Slow operation)
    - Call Quality (Lots of people complain about not being able to hear me)
    - Hub Issues (Opening up the hub {after operation} sometimes the screen is just white and it takes a period of time for it to format and come back)
    - Texting Issues (I find that sometimes it doesn't type what I want it to {ie. I may type think and it pops up as think think} or {Ie. I may type Think and it pops up as I and then when I go to delete it it returns as think}.
    - Formatting issues (Files may normally work but sometimes wont. Ie. today my media files stopped working saying they were unsupported and worked after a restart)

Attempted fixes:
    - Security wipes
    - OS updates
    - Work with BlackBerry technical support (4 months)
    - Work with Blackberry Hardware support

Is this stuff happening to anyone else at all? Is it a software issue or is it something with the phone. I like Blackberry 10 and have considered buying a cheap Passport but I don't want to spent $700 on a broken phone and broken OS

Have a good day Crackberry community.
    I would just reload OS and start from scratch. See if you have the same issues before reloading your apps. It might be bad installation or one of the apps causing your problems. It could be bad hardware as well. I do not get your problems on my phone. Z30 is not perfect but most of the time it works very well. Like any phone it has its quirks from time to time but overall it runs will for me.
    11-17-15 08:15 AM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the information.

Just to update. When I did the security wipe I did not restore my old files and the phone was started from scratch. I have gone through the process about 4-5 times with Blackberry Technical Support including only installing certain apps to see if they are the issues. Unfortunately, after a couple weeks with even limited apps it seems to reoccur. I am trying to see if BlackBerry will replace the phone but they seem to be stalling since my warranty date is less then a month away.

Thanks for the information guys I will try to use it to persuade Blackberry and Digital river.
    11-17-15 03:44 PM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the information.

Just to update. When I did the security wipe I did not restore my old files and the phone was started from scratch. I have gone through the process about 4-5 times with Blackberry Technical Support including only installing certain apps to see if they are the issues. Unfortunately, after a couple weeks with even limited apps it seems to reoccur. I am trying to see if BlackBerry will replace the phone but they seem to be stalling since my warranty date is less then a month away.

Thanks for the information guys I will try to use it to persuade Blackberry and Digital river.
    You've done more than reasonable effort to resolve the issues. I'm surprised they didn't offer to replace the phone earlier and try and cut down on the support required before. Get the RMA, you have a right to it.
    11-17-15 04:57 PM
    What OS are you on and who is your carrier?
    11-17-15 08:16 PM
    Hello,

I am currently on TBaytel (Small NWO carrier) the phone was purchased through shopblackberry.com and I am running the 10.3.2.2474 (software release) and OS version 10.3.2.2639
    11-23-15 06:28 PM
    I have the same issues as the OP... have gotten accustomed to it, but if BlackBerry can't get their own OS straight then why should I trust their android OS?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 06:53 PM
    Hello,

I am currently on TBaytel (Small NWO carrier) the phone was purchased through shopblackberry.com and I am running the 10.3.2.2474 (software release) and OS version 10.3.2.2639
    When you mentioned in your OP you've tried OS updates, what method? Have you ever ran an autoloader to update your phone?
    11-23-15 09:45 PM
    I tried the previous update 10.3.+.+++ didn't remember the exact number, only to find some features removed and delay in answering call. Fall back to 10.2.2.1531 and I'm happy with it. I like the new hub though, shame really.
    11-24-15 07:45 AM
    I tried the previous update 10.3.+.+++ didn't remember the exact number, only to find some features removed and delay in answering call. Fall back to 10.2.2.1531 and I'm happy with it. I like the new hub though, shame really.
    I believe you have just solved why you are having issues. You can't go from 10.3 back to 10.2 without problems. I didn't even think you could do it at all. Can't even go back to 10.3.1 from 10.3.2 w/o serious problems.

I'd recommend updating to 10.3.2.2789 as its the latest one available.
    11-24-15 07:27 PM