I've read other threads regarding these problems but I haven't really found an answer as to why they are happening. I've had the phone for about one year but:

1. Lately my Z30 has been getting quite hot when I'm using it.
    2. The battery seems to be running down much quicker lately.

I'm not constantly using my phone and I usually close apps after I've used them (maybe leave 1 or 2 open). My SYSTEM, STANDBY and DISPLAY are currently at 19%, 11% and 8% respectively. Is that normal?

Over the last 3 hours, I've gone from 75% to 42% without much usage.

Apologies for "beating a dead horse" but this is very frustrating.

Many thanks.
    09-17-15 01:24 PM
    Same here. Even if I start from scratch, it is the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 01:26 PM
    I've read other threads regarding these problems but I haven't really found an answer as to why they are happening. I've had the phone for about one year but:

1. Lately my Z30 has been getting quite hot when I'm using it.
    2. The battery seems to be running down much quicker lately.

I'm not constantly using my phone and I usually close apps after I've used them (maybe leave 1 or 2 open). My SYSTEM, STANDBY and DISPLAY are currently at 19%, 11% and 8% respectively. Is that normal?

Over the last 3 hours, I've gone from 75% to 42% without much usage.

Apologies for "beating a dead horse" but this is very frustrating.

Many thanks.
    A prime candidate for an OS reinstall. Usually happens to phones (over time), that become clogged with OTA updates and never get a good clean OS install.

So, back up what you need to using Link. Then get yourself a 10.3.2 autoloader from the leak forum. Run the autoloader to blow everything away and reinstall the OS. A second step (not necessary), which I do to make sure the OS is clean is to do a security wipe. Now you have a clean install. All you need to do is to reinstall apps etc. and your good to go! Your problems should now be history.

Btw: you running a lot of Android apps? Not good for battery life.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 02:25 PM
    A prime candidate for an OS reinstall. Usually happens to phones (over time), that become clogged with OTA updates and never get a good clean OS install.

So, back up what you need to using Link. Then get yourself a 10.3.2 autoloader from the leak forum. Run the autoloader to blow everything away and reinstall the OS. A second step (not necessary), which I do to make sure the OS is clean is to do a security wipe. Now you have a clean install. All you need to do is to reinstall apps etc. and your good to go! Your problems should now be history.

Btw: you running a lot of Android apps? Not good for battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that

I do have a number of Android apps on the phone so that could be the problem. Would you recommend that?
    09-17-15 02:36 PM
    Do you have a media card installed? Try taking it out.
    09-17-15 04:04 PM
    First thing is first, reboot your phone, close all unused apps under the 'memory' tab of the device monitor, ensure you have good cell signal coverage where you are.

Then report back
    09-17-15 04:06 PM
    Also using Device Monitor, at the bottom tap the CPU TAB. See what is running and using the processor.

As suggested having to search for a cell signal can burn up power but if that has not changed, who knows (but maybe a tower near you has gone bad????
    09-17-15 05:33 PM
    I go between a place of strong and weak signal. Sometimes my Z30 bugs and switches network types from LTE to 4G only, disabling LTE on its own, gets warm and runs down the battery too. Occasionally it will go to 4g voice only in the weak area.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-15 05:40 PM