Well, if arrived today. I have to say I had misgivings (and still have slight misgivings) about returning to BB. I used BB smartphones from the 8330 to the 9930 and loved them. I went to the Z10 and it did nothing but reboot. In fact I went through three of them - all rebooted multiple times daily. Unacceptable. I also hated the keyboard. But I heard nothing but good about the Z30 and decided to give it a shot. So I grabbed one, and just installed the latest leak and it's sitting with me right now running weather and battery disc. If i find them gone tomorrow I know I still have a reboot problem, but from what I'm reading here it ought to be stable. That's good because the Z30 is a different animal from the Z10 and I'm finding I like it a lot better. Even the keyboard behaves for me. So here's hoping it all work out OK.

What I really want on it right now is One Note. Everything else I want seems there.
    02-21-14 05:20 PM
    If you're having multiple reboot issues across multiple devices, perhaps there's a common denominator causing the issues. I can't think of a phone that I have owned that hasn't 't been stable, but then again, I'm not into modding and the like.

Posted on CB10 via my Z30
    02-21-14 05:27 PM
    Yeah, the thing common to all the devices was that they were all stock (no apps installed) Verizon Z10s, and I was one of MANY MANY MANY people with the problem. Verizon issued a patch that sorta fixed it but not completely.

But anyway, to the first disaster. I installed the leak and now it won't send SMS. I should have left it alone! Time to roll it back. I am not sure what I did, but I made it sick somehow. Tine to swap back to the Note 3 until later tonight so I can rebuild without having to worry about not having a phone for a while. Funny how weird that feels.

Ah, I see you're on Rogers. Yeah, the issue was fairly closely tied to Verizon, so I'm not surprised you didn't have it.
    02-21-14 05:44 PM
    I just got my Z30 a few days ago on Verizon. Installed the latest leak. Not a single issue. I never back up when I install leaks (had a Z10 until this week). No security wipes either. Never had problems with sms.

I hope this experience goes better for you than with the Z10. The 30 is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 05:53 PM
    I remember that my Z10 used to reboot quite a bit last summer but it was caused by the OS that i had at the time. I downloaded the update that was available shortly after that and it has not happened since.
    02-21-14 05:54 PM
    I remember that my Z10 used to reboot quite a bit last summer but it was caused by the OS that i had at the time. I downloaded the update that was available shortly after that and it has not happened since.
    Cool! I'm glad that got sorted. As for killing my Z30, I'm not sure how I did that. But I'll get it fixed this evening. I really want this thing to work. One thing I like about BB is the way they handle travel. My 9930 would go through my emails and pull together an itinerary for me. Amazing. I'm tempted to just go back to it.
    02-21-14 06:24 PM
    Well, if arrived today. I have to say I had misgivings (and still have slight misgivings) about returning to BB. I used BB smartphones from the 8330 to the 9930 and loved them. I went to the Z10 and it did nothing but reboot. In fact I went through three of them - all rebooted multiple times daily. Unacceptable. I also hated the keyboard. But I heard nothing but good about the Z30 and decided to give it a shot. So I grabbed one, and just installed the latest leak and it's sitting with me right now running weather and battery disc. If i find them gone tomorrow I know I still have a reboot problem, but from what I'm reading here it ought to be stable. That's good because the Z30 is a different animal from the Z10 and I'm finding I like it a lot better. Even the keyboard behaves for me. So here's hoping it all work out OK.

What I really want on it right now is One Note. Everything else I want seems there.
    Did you restore anything when you installed the new OS?
    02-21-14 08:11 PM
    Did you restore anything when you installed the new OS?
    No. I just resynced contacts from gmail. Oddly when I checked network status it showed Verizon 4g, but said "Voice Only". Which seemed weird. One thing thta bothered me was when I was trying to run the autoloader it kept restarting Link, which tried to connect. I suspect (but don't know for sure) that messed it up. I just restored it to the old OS and re-ran the autoloader after telling Link NOT to start automatically. And hey! Everything works! I'm a happy guy. Not lets see how well everything goes! I cannot wait to have a Blackberry again. I mean Android and iOS and WP8 are all well and good and I could like with them if I had to. But BB spoiled me and I'm looking forward to this.
    02-21-14 08:20 PM
    No. I just resynced contacts from gmail. Oddly when I checked network status it showed Verizon 4g, but said "Voice Only". Which seemed weird. One thing thta bothered me was when I was trying to run the autoloader it kept restarting Link, which tried to connect. I suspect (but don't know for sure) that messed it up. I just restored it to the old OS and re-ran the autoloader after telling Link NOT to start automatically. And hey! Everything works! I'm a happy guy. Not lets see how well everything goes! I cannot wait to have a Blackberry again. I mean Android and iOS and WP8 are all well and good and I could like with them if I had to. But BB spoiled me and I'm looking forward to this.
    I've had to be mindful of that when installing OS's. I used sachesi to install the last leak non destructively and everything has been going well so far. No need to reinstall apps and re setup email accounts either. Good luck and hope you done have any further issues from here on.
    02-21-14 08:36 PM
    I've had to be mindful of that when installing OS's. I used sachesi to install the last leak non destructively and everything has been going well so far. No need to reinstall apps and re setup email accounts either. Good luck and hope you done have any further issues from here on.
    It seems OK. I just have to bash around a bit until I figure things out. So far so good!
    02-21-14 08:41 PM
    Yeah, the thing common to all the devices was that they were all stock (no apps installed) Verizon Z10s, and I was one of MANY MANY MANY people with the problem. Verizon issued a patch that sorta fixed it but not completely.

But anyway, to the first disaster. I installed the leak and now it won't send SMS. I should have left it alone! Time to roll it back. I am not sure what I did, but I made it sick somehow. Tine to swap back to the Note 3 until later tonight so I can rebuild without having to worry about not having a phone for a while. Funny how weird that feels.

Ah, I see you're on Rogers. Yeah, the issue was fairly closely tied to Verizon, so I'm not surprised you didn't have it.
    So if you figure the problems are tied with Verizon why come on here saying BBRY is the one giving you grief? It seems Verizon customers had a majority of the reboot problems and now your claiming Z30 problems as well... When the majority of other carrier users hardly experienced any reboots with their Z10's or any problems what with their Z30's. Glad we don't have to deal with Verizon in our area.... Good luck with your Z30.... It's a beast of a phone!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-22-14 09:21 AM
    The only common thing between 3 devices is your SIM card and memory card. Check them and replace

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 09:58 AM
    OK, first of all I am not going to argue the bad Z10s. Every time I got a new one I got a new SIM. So you know, that is not the problems. There were a whole TROOP of deniers on the Z10 forum and frankly i found thei0r attitude ridiculous. "I never had a problem with MINE, so YOU don't know what you're talking about!" Stupid and childish. And now moot since I no longer have the Z10 The fact is the problem was well known and the carrier acknowledged it. Go look at the forum. End of discussion.

Second, now I've had the Z30, fixed my screwup installing the leak and hey! It's still running! And I'm even making the keyboard work. Sound is phenomenal. Feels solid as a bank vault in the hand. Battery seems great, screen is amazing. I'm getting used to where things are and it's efficient and quick. I have a BB again! I'm a happy camper.
    CerveloJohn and deptech like this.
    02-22-14 11:34 AM
    Welcome to the Z30 family, your going to love the device.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    02-22-14 11:52 AM
    My reboots where a loose battery issue, small price of paper fixed it.

And um, the keyboard will be the same, just a little bigger.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 12:05 PM
    OK, first of all I am not going to argue the bad Z10s. Every time I got a new one I got a new SIM. So you know, that is not the problems. There were a whole TROOP of deniers on the Z10 forum and frankly i found thei0r attitude ridiculous. "I never had a problem with MINE, so YOU don't know what you're talking about!" Stupid and childish. And now moot since I no longer have the Z10 The fact is the problem was well known and the carrier acknowledged it. Go look at the forum. End of discussion.

Second, now I've had the Z30, fixed my screwup installing the leak and hey! It's still running! And I'm even making the keyboard work. Sound is phenomenal. Feels solid as a bank vault in the hand. Battery seems great, screen is amazing. I'm getting used to where things are and it's efficient and quick. I have a BB again! I'm a happy camper.
    Thankfully I was one of the "never happened to me" crowd... just floors me how Verizon could allow problems like that to exist with out helping in a timely matter.... almost like they didn't care.
    Anyways glad you got the Z30 running up to par and having a great experience with it....welcome aboard!!

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    02-22-14 03:38 PM
    Welcome to the Z30 family, your going to love the device.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    I already do. It's as good as or better than the 9930, which was my gold standard. This is an awesome gadget.
    02-22-14 04:24 PM
    Anyone help me I don't know how to post in forums
    Pin:2B26C9B7

Posted via CB10 - Q5
    02-22-14 04:25 PM
    My reboots where a loose battery issue, small price of paper fixed it.

And um, the keyboard will be the same, just a little bigger.

Posted via CB10
    I think that size makes the difference for me. I never got the flick right on the 10. The Z30 seems a lot easier.

Heck, I even like listening to the notifiers
    Last edited by MikeLip; 02-22-14 at 06:59 PM.
    02-22-14 04:26 PM