So, Thor mentions today that there is going to be a total of 6 devices launched in 2013. One of them is supposed to be a "High End Device" launched mid 2013.

This has got me curious. Anyone wanna throw some suggestions as to what they think this device will consist of?
    08-15-12 11:35 AM
    08-15-12 11:51 AM
    So the launch device will be the mid or low range? Wonder if that is a good idea.
    08-15-12 11:55 AM
    So the launch device will be the mid or low range? Wonder if that is a good idea.
    Well, it gives the immediate impression that the first ones to launch won't be particualy "high-end" and whatever's launching that is "high-end" will be about a year from now. (Mid-2013)
    That's not a good impression. In fact it's crazy.
    The first BB10 phones to launch ought to be "high-end." And fewer would be better IMO. 6 phones... only one of them "high-end??"
    smh.
    Blacklatino and bp3dots like this.
    08-15-12 12:08 PM
    I don't think that RIM will launch the high ends right out the gate. One of the big issues with BBs is the insane price point that comes with them, case in point the PB and also how there about 20 differnt "curves" out there. RIM needs to bring to launch a good price or no one is going to buy the BB10s
    08-15-12 01:27 PM
    Well, it gives the immediate impression that the first ones to launch won't be particualy "high-end" and whatever's launching that is "high-end" will be about a year from now. (Mid-2013)
    That's not a good impression. In fact it's crazy.
    The first BB10 phones to launch ought to be "high-end." And fewer would be better IMO. 6 phones... only one of them "high-end??"
    smh.
    I am wondering if by "high-end" he means a type of P9981 phone. Or if he is referring to a phone that has more bells and whistles but is more of a "regular" phone and not one like the 'P9981.
    08-16-12 07:14 AM
    Just saw the specs on the Blade...

Jesus...

If all the features work well togheter, it will be a of a good machine...

1000?? ^^

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-16-12 07:29 AM
    I can't believe RIM actually thinks it's a good idea to postpone the BB10 release and then have middle of he road devices on launch. That is crazy if that's true. I'm no marketing genius, but I know there are more and more people jumping ship. This won't help
    08-23-12 03:43 PM
    From what we know:
    2 first phones are done and in manufacturing state.
    A single phone is worth 6 months of work

therefore the phones that will be hitting the market first will be ok like phone form mid 2012 so it will be slightly weaker, but RIM needs something and if it is going to be fine than I don't see the reason why not to do it especially that people will go for it because it probably will not be too expensive.
    Also there will need to be a flagship device- BlackBerry's Mona Lisa which is going to be state of art and something for only high classes not for teens that will use them to BBM. I think it might be new slider
    08-23-12 09:58 PM
    Also there will need to be a flagship device- BlackBerry's Mona Lisa which is going to be state of art and something for only high classes not for teens that will use them to BBM. I think it might be new slider
    Why not make your flagship attainable for everyone? Apple does it with great success, Android OEMs do as well. It's foolish to take young people out of the equation by pricing them out. Young users drive business; often updating early, talking about their devices, and in many cases, getting their parents hooked on them.

It's a liability for RIM to not launch a high end device early. It loses your comparison shoppers who want "the best" regardless of if those features make a difference. (And there are plenty of them) Its also a mistake to price one so high when it does come out that only well off people can get it. Why take away the portion of the market that has the most influence on growing your business?
    bER1Nry likes this.
    08-28-12 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD