11-16-13 10:14 AM
149 ... 3456
tools
    The thing about the display is that it's adaptive. You're never going to get the full monte just by manually setting up the brightness. Have you noticed how buggy the iPhones brightness engine is? It's taken 7 iterations of the ops to finally fix it.

The displays are bright and you can get it brighter by going into situations which require a brighter screen. Really though blackberry should disable their brightness engine when the devices are in retail mode and have them ranked up to the highest. Blackberry themselves have stated they worked long and hard to make sure that the screen brightness is optimal every time for the type of condition the device is in.
    CNParrish likes this.
    11-15-13 04:45 PM
    I'm beginning to question the op's agenda. However I'm bowing out of this forum. Peace folks

I have yet to hear that the screen is pixelated
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 11-15-13 at 06:52 PM.
    Doolittle2 and Toodeurep like this.
    11-15-13 05:24 PM
    I'm beginning to question the op's agenda. However I'm bowing out of this forum. Peace folks

Yes, because I have an agenda. See you!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    11-15-13 05:25 PM
    The one thing I was a little surprised about was that I was hoping with the larger screen, the base font would be slightly larger on the Z30 to make it easier to read your emails, etc. but it was not. In fact, I thought that emails were actually slightly easier to read on my Z10.
    I remember seeing one video review of the Z30 that pointed out that even the font on the app icons was smaller on the Z30 than the Z10. I too was hoping for a larger, easier-reading font on the Z30. But no....
    11-15-13 05:53 PM
    I don't understand why people who don't even have a BBRY come here to rant and rave...so your not happy with a demo unit in the store...good enough, move on..why fight with everyone when you know we all love BBRY here....go to your Lumina forum or iPhone forum and cut it down there. You won't have near the negatively toward you there. My Z30 is perfect for me...it's a phone, my battery last's over 16hrs no problem with steady useage and I can read perfectly on the big screen....simple!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    11-15-13 06:10 PM
    I don't understand why people who don't even have a BBRY come here to rant and rave...so your not happy with a demo unit in the store...good enough, move on..why fight with everyone when you know we all love BBRY here....go to your Lumina forum or iPhone forum and cut it down there. You won't have near the negatively toward you there. My Z30 is perfect for me...it's a phone, my battery last's over 16hrs no problem with steady useage and I can read perfectly on the big screen....simple!

It's a shame some people are so ignorant. I had a whole thing typed out but my browser crashed and I don't feel like typing it all out again. It would just be wasted.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-15-13 06:27 PM
    Yes, I am beginning to think that you really do have an agenda. Why are you so concerned about how other people make their respective phone selections? Are you Mister Know It All?

How many minutes did you really spend playing with the Z30? I bet you didn't move around very much when you were allegedly playing with the phone. I have owned my Z30 since October 15th and I have used it every single day under different lighting conditions and you want tell me that your evaluation of the Z30 is more accurate than mine? Only FOOLS think they know. Tell me, are all the lighting conditions similar in different stores, malls etc. Did you take the Z30 outside of the shop or mall to ascertain whether the screen display was still dull? Is your vision better than everyone else? Do you honestly think you are smarter than all those who currently own Z30? You guys come on here and think BlackBerry users are all fanatics. SMH.

Finally, what makes you think you are so qualified to give a constructive opinion about the Z30? Do you have hands on experience with mobile phone manufacturing or any related field? Like I asked you before name one perfect phone. I'm still waiting for your answer.

Simply, you don't know better than others. Go get the phone you want and keep moving.

Yes, because I have an agenda. See you!

TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-15-13 06:31 PM
    This thread is terrible.. I didn't read through it all and skimmed some of the conversations.

#1: To OP: I know in most situations you are as polite as possible in your approach, but I have seen your posts around the forums (look through your post history) and you enjoy hopping into threads just to make negative points (some honestly minor or obvious) just to poke at the people who come on this site. You know as well as I do that this a fan site and your going to get the reactions you do. I understand having criticisms on a device or OS, but you need not look for every possible opportunity to bring them up. The thing is you need to be fair and balanced to receive fair and balanced critical reviews of your post. Obviously you will get some (honestly less than you think) that will blindly follow BlackBerry and not take any constructive criticism. You can't try and squeeze a very general positive note in and then spin the rest negative. That is still trolling, just trying to hide it.

I mean you post on this site more than many of those "CrackBerry fanatics" that you refer and most of it is negativity towards BlackBerry. Sooooo....

#2: To others: No need for vulgar (or any) name calling. If you don't like the thread don't encourage him by fighting about it. I find many of his posts annoying and over critical of one aspect or another, but continuing to argue just makes the thread longer and increases traffic. Not to mention he obviously enjoys it. All you have to do is state that you disagree on this or agree with this. If it turns into a troll thread just report it.

That's all I have to say and honestly I hope this thread gets shut down.
    11-15-13 06:43 PM
    Was it's brightness level set to the least? Cuz I read somewhere here in CB,that a guy who went to the verizon store just to check out the Z30 and found it's brightness level was set to medium, and he then changed it into full brightness and it's screen was as good as his Z10!

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    11-15-13 07:05 PM
    Ha! Good one.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 07:08 PM
    Was it's brightness level set to the least? Cuz I read somewhere here in CB,that a guy who went to the verizon store just to check out the Z30 and found it's brightness level was set to medium, and he then changed it into full brightness and it's screen was as good as his Z10!

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    The reps probably lowered the brightness on purpose...we all know how much they looooove BlackBerry.
    It's a C-O-N-spiracy!

Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    11-15-13 07:11 PM
    Doesn't the new leak have a separate whites adjustment along with the brightness adjustment? If so does anybody that have it notice a difference?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 07:27 PM
    Blackberry fan boys are just as annoying as Apple fan boys. My god, the op gave an honest review about the Blackberry Z30. He didn't bash it; he didn't say "it sucked". He gave an honest opinion, respectfully. Any time anyone says anything remotely bad about Blackberry you guys get so defensive that I start to wonder if Blackberry is actually paying you guys. Are you guys getting paid to defend Blackberry? If so, I want in. I just don't get it. You guys sit around and talk about Apple fan boys but yet you act just like Apple fan boys, smh. I love a Blackberry and I'll use their devices as long as they continue to produce phones but I'll never be as biased as you guys, gross.
    11-15-13 07:28 PM
    Went today to a few Verizion stores in north suburb of Chicago and non of them had any demo unit. I was told that they are expecting it with a next week......terrible
    11-15-13 07:41 PM
    Good to know they are getting it, but not good that it will be a week. Maybe by then we will have some news on the white one, which is the one that I am actually waiting for. Western burbs of Chicago here and no luck finding one either
    11-15-13 07:59 PM
    Blackberry fan boys are just as annoying as Apple fan boys. My god, the op gave an honest review about the Blackberry Z30. He didn't bash it; he didn't say "it sucked". He gave an honest opinion, respectfully. Any time anyone says anything remotely bad about Blackberry you guys get so defensive that I start to wonder if Blackberry is actually paying you guys. Are you guys getting paid to defend Blackberry? If so, I want in. I just don't get it. You guys sit around and talk about Apple fan boys but yet you act just like Apple fan boys, smh. I love a Blackberry and I'll use their devices as long as they continue to produce phones but I'll never be as biased as you guys, gross.
    I agree!
    11-15-13 08:10 PM
    It's just a forum thread guys!!!! Remember.......

11-15-13 08:13 PM
    After reading all of these remarks about the Z30, is it possible that the Z10 retains its so called "flagship" status? Just curious!
    11-15-13 08:23 PM
    I have the Z10 (now the wife's) , Q10 and Z30.

While the Z10 is certainly the brightest of the bunch the Z30 has a better colour balance. I find the Z10 a harsher screen to look at. The Z10 has a better brightness range for sure.

The Q10 is set at about a fifth brightness level. I use this phone at work outdoors and don't have a huge issue not being able to see the screen. Very occasionally in direct sunlight I will need to shield the screen.

The Z30 is set at the lowest brightness but I use this indoors mostly.

The only pixelation I am noticing is when I zoom into websites that don't render text to be scalable. Unless you intend to use your phone with a magnifying glass I wouldn't be too worried! IMHO

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:17 AM
    Well guys, noted that this is HIS first impressions of Z30. I do also have a negative thoughts about Z30 and start comparing with all other units ( different brand with different os system which i do have). At last i decided to go for it and now i am a proud owner of Z30. For the past 6 months i can see there are a lot of positive developments of BB10 software which is now getting better and better. With the current 10.2.1 which is already floating around, we can see that the future of Z30 is really bright. Which such supports and commitment from Blackberry, surely a plus compare to other company. Well...that is my first impression..
    11-16-13 12:19 AM
    I've seen a z30 in my local phone shop here, played around with it for quite some time and sorry OP either the one u saw was defective or wasn't set up right or you are blind as a bat lol.

As far as I'm concerned whenever I see it, the display is as good as the z10 if not better. Keep in mind my eyesight is pretty bad but I don't see it as being dull or pixellated *shrug*

Each to their own I guess, i should have my brand spanking new z30 today I hope. Cannot wait.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and wincyUt like this.
    11-16-13 02:55 AM
    Guys come on! The OP didn't share his views just to stop people getting a z30. I too love my z10 and there is no way that I would leave the bb10 os since I consider it as the best for me.
    But im too very interested in the z30 so went to the next store to check it out. And its true, the display simply isn't as bright as the z10 and there is absolutely no way someone can deny that! So this is the reason why I will stick with my z10 until an update or a q30 or z60 or whatever comes up and has an equal or better display.
    And also the price thing, of course there is chance that I and some others would be willing to upgrade if the price is low enough to compensate for the trade-off. Right now we're far away from that point. So stop hating - I think the op is fair.

Posted via my Z10
    howards likes this.
    11-16-13 04:58 AM
    Thanks for the reply! I get you when you say it becomes normal over time and how your eyes sort of "adapt" but it's just tough for a consumer to choose a Z30 over an iPhone 5s or Galaxy S IV when the latter two have blatantly better screens when comparing in store.

But my main problem with the Z30 is the price. I'm not saying it's a bad phone at all but for what it is and with BlackBerry's soiled reputation (they should know lower pricing can help win battles), I think the price is $50 too high. $150 on contract sounds good.

Agreed, except for the end.
    Make the Z30 99$ on contract.
    It clearly is a midrange device, with a lacking ecosystem and an incredibly small app catalogue when we stop counting city guides as apps.
    150$ is still too much on contact.

And the off-contract price is just a pure joke.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-16-13 06:02 AM
    i guess you must have special edition z10 because i do not feel the same about my z10. when i played with z30 i thought that the screen is way better than on z10.
    The only thing that it says, is that you prefer AMOLED over an IPS LCD.
    When I compared the Z30 to an LG G2 (LCD) and a Note 3 (AMOLED) both phones had a vastly superior display in all the areas the OP described.

From brightness to a pixelated screen, the Z30 has the worst display in its supposed flagship class.

This thread seems more like a 'suddle' bash on the Z30 from the OP than anything else. After all, he was going in to get an iPhone, not to see if there was a Z30 in store.

There's been lots of reviews and people that have had a few moments with a Z30 and have stated the screen is dull and pixelates, last year's specks, no 1080p screen, etc, etc. But then all these people that actually HAVE a Z30 have stated the opposite. That the screen is awesome, everything is comparable to other similar devices.

So far now, I'm gonna lean to the side of actual Z30 owners. But I will still wait and see for myself.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    If I bought a new device for 600-700$, I'll would also try to justify my decision.
    Objectively, the Z30 has the worst screen of EVERY high-end flagship out there.
    It's not even worth a discussion.

but the Z30 owners are only people on this board who are biased..no one else has bought it and honestly no one will
    Agreed.
    It's called confirmation bias, cognitive bias and the wish to not feel any buyers remorse.

Ajst is perfectly entitled to his opinion. But it's just that, an opinion. Take it as it is. He isn't a Z30 user and he isn't some tech blogger not giving the device a good old try and then voicing his opinion. This is purely his "first impressions". Unfortunately trying out for a minute in a store doesn't give you the full picture about this device (battery life, speakers etc). Although I disagree with a lot of his points, it doesn't really matter. Smart people wouldn't take this opinion as final and I'd like to think they'd go try the device for themselves, and make up their own opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but you are confusing some things here:
    1) It's not an opinion that the screen is subpar for a flagship.
    2) It's not an opinion that the whole phone uses outdated specs and has an emberassing camera compared to the competition.
    3) Yes this can objectively been proven, so we enter the territory of facts, not opinions.
    4) For most consumers, not having apps, is enough reason not to even take a second look at the device. Things like the battery life have been matched by Droids since the beginning of this year and not using current specs, surely won't help the device as well.

People want the brightest 5" screens, 1080p resolution, speakers worthy of your home surround sound system, a battery that lasts a week, quad-core 64-bit processor, super thin, super light, and want it to cost $99! LOL!

Some things counteract the others. You want super-bright 1080p screen, super fast processors; battery life with suffer. Manufacturers have to consider all of the above; keeping end-user price-point in mind (as well as their margins).

Come on people. Be realistic. I think the Z30 is awesome! Can't wait until the Fedex truck pulls up today with mine!
    Yeah... Well probably not.
    I can get a phone with a 1080p screen, the newest CPU/GPU, a far better camera, with an ecosystem and a real app catalogue for less than what the Z30 costs.
    The Z30 is a nice midrange phone, but completely subpar for a flagship.

Should Audi lower the price of the A4 because Toyota sells more Corollas?
    Of course not.
    If $50 puts that much of a dent in your finances, you/they should wait for a less expensive model or purchase some other device.

Posted via CB10
    Please just keep your car analogy to yourself.
    Nobody makes worse car analogies than people on the CB forums.
    If you missed the memo:
    BlackBerry isn't considered a premium manufacturer anymore.
    That's Apple now.

Yes, I am beginning to think that you really do have an agenda. Why are you so concerned about how other people make their respective phone selections? Are you Mister Know It All?

How many minutes did you really spend playing with the Z30? I bet you didn't move around very much when you were allegedly playing with the phone. I have owned my Z30 since October 15th and I have used it every single day under different lighting conditions and you want tell me that your evaluation of the Z30 is more accurate than mine? Only FOOLS think they know. Tell me, are all the lighting conditions similar in different stores, malls etc. Did you take the Z30 outside of the shop or mall to ascertain whether the screen display was still dull? Is your vision better than everyone else? Do you honestly think you are smarter than all those who currently own Z30? You guys come on here and think BlackBerry users are all fanatics. SMH.

Finally, what makes you think you are so qualified to give a constructive opinion about the Z30? Do you have hands on experience with mobile phone manufacturing or any related field? Like I asked you before name one perfect phone. I'm still waiting for your answer.

Simply, you don't know better than others. Go get the phone you want and keep moving.
    Wow...
    It must really hurt your feelings that someone doesn't love the Z30.
    You probably shouldn't take phones so personal, because they are just an inanimated object.
    And if it makes you happy:
    I own a Z10, a PlayBook and I sure as hell won't buy the Z30 because it is the worst "flagship" from any manufacturer out there.
    For 600-700$, the phone is a joke.

It uses specs from last year, has no ecosystem and the worst app catalogue out there (well, the Q series has even less, but BlackBerry has no fragmentation...).
    For the same amount of money I would need to spend to get a Z30, I can buy objectively better performing phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:32 AM
    I received my Z30 yesterday. I'm not sure what people are complaining about with the screen quality. I had it side by side with my Z10 and I see no difference. I also had my friends compare it to their Z10 and we all agree that it's screen quality is as good or better.

Just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-16-13 06:48 AM
149 ... 3456