this thread is terrible.. I didn't read through it all and skimmed some of the conversations.

#1: To op: I know in most situations you are as polite as possible in your approach, but i have seen your posts around the forums (look through your post history) and you enjoy hopping into threads just to make negative points (some honestly minor or obvious) just to poke at the people who come on this site. You know as well as i do that this a fan site and your going to get the reactions you do. I understand having criticisms on a device or os, but you need not look for every possible opportunity to bring them up. The thing is you need to be fair and balanced to receive fair and balanced critical reviews of your post. Obviously you will get some (honestly less than you think) that will blindly follow blackberry and not take any constructive criticism. You can't try and squeeze a very general positive note in and then spin the rest negative. That is still trolling, just trying to hide it.

I mean you post on this site more than many of those "crackberry fanatics" that you refer and most of it is negativity towards blackberry. Sooooo....

#2: To others: No need for vulgar (or any) name calling. If you don't like the thread don't encourage him by fighting about it. I find many of his posts annoying and over critical of one aspect or another, but continuing to argue just makes the thread longer and increases traffic. Not to mention he obviously enjoys it. All you have to do is state that you disagree on this or agree with this. If it turns into a troll thread just report it.

That's all i have to say and honestly i hope this thread gets shut down.
    ^^^this +1,000,000
    rotorwrench likes this.
    11-16-13 06:51 AM
    You guys that don't own a Z30 can rant and rave all you want for as long as you want but we that own the device knows that it's nothing short of a great overall experience. A "smart phone " is made up of several critical parts which contribute to the overall experience and satisfaction of said end user. It is clear as day what the OP and now the few of his supporters are trying to do here or have tried to do. On the same day that a good few of crackberry fans were expecting their new Z30s he so chose to do his darnest best to dampen their feelings about the phone by attacking whatever perceived weakness he could possibly point out. Why didn't he report about the speaker sounds or the clarity of the HD voice over a phone call, battery life or the new antenna technology. This is plain out mischievous and I know we cannot rid society of people like these but I will certainly continue to call them out whenever possible. I would never go on a competitor's site and write negativity there and I mean NEVER!!!!. I would rather use my time in a positive way and try and make people happy with their choices in life. We all would never use the same brand phones or drive the same cars and those choices won't make us any less or better than the person beside us. People on crackberry are BlackBerry lovers, users and abusers and that's why this site exist in the first place. The Z30 is a great phone, not just a good phone and can stack up against any on the market today when comparing the complete device and not just one specific area. A friend of mine picked up two yesterday and I've never seen him happier with a phone.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    11-16-13 06:59 AM
    You guys that don't own a Z30 can rant and rave all you want for as long as you want but we that own the device knows that it's nothing short of a great overall experience. A "smart phone " is made up of several critical parts which contribute to the overall experience and satisfaction of said end user. It is clear as day what the OP and now the few of his supporters are trying to do here or have tried to do. On the same day that a good few of crackberry fans were expecting their new Z30s he so chose to do his darnest best to dampen their feelings about the phone by attacking whatever perceived weakness he could possibly point out. Why didn't he report about the speaker sounds or the clarity of the HD voice over a phone call, battery life or the new antenna technology. This is plain out mischievous and I know we cannot rid society of people like these but I will certainly continue to call them out whenever possible. I would never go on a competitor's site and write negativity there and I mean NEVER!!!!. I would rather use my time in a positive way and try and make people happy with their choices in life. We all would never use the same brand phones or drive the same cars and those choices won't make us any less or better than the person beside us. People on crackberry are BlackBerry lovers, users and abusers and that's why this site exist in the first place. The Z30 is a great phone, not just a good phone and can stack up against any on the market today when comparing the complete device and not just one specific area. A friend of mine picked up two yesterday and I've never seen him happier with a phone.

Posted via CB10

This isn't a competitor's site for me! I've been a member here forever! And I didn't report those things for 2 reasons. 1 because it is a first impression thread. I didn't make calls or blare the speaker in store. 2 because those things are a given. The screen (for some reason) is still a hot debate. I didn't damper any one's opinions or feelings I just walked into Verizon, saw the Z30, used it, and shared my impressions. I really don't like that you perceive me as some sort of trolling BlackBerry hater.

You know how people say it's important to make good first impressions? The same can be said for when someone is shopping for a phone. They won't notice the call quality, battery life, signal, and speakers in store. The screen is probably going to be the first thing they noticed and just as I was, they will probably be turned off too. This is important since BlackBerry is already viewed as an uncool company making worse phones as the competition and other people might not give it a fair shot and fiddle with the brightness, see what mode it was in, and use the phone for a while.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-16-13 07:51 AM
    Exactly, and your "first impressions " and opinions are going to help how others view BlackBerry. I see, I was missing that point all along. Maybe your intentions weren't all bad but considering the timing and everything, it certainly came over that way.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:58 AM
    I used Z10 before and now using Z30 and I don't agree with you. Unlike you, I use it every day and its screen is not dim. It's very crisp. I just checked it again to confirm, but it's still much better than my wifes Z10. It's just not right to write a big post just to tell people to back off from a beautiful phone. Why don't you tell people to go to store and confirm if you had faulty device, you ****.

Thanks for the reply! I get you when you say it becomes normal over time and how your eyes sort of "adapt" but it's just tough for a consumer to choose a Z30 over an iPhone 5s or Galaxy S IV when the latter two have blatantly better screens when comparing in store.

But my main problem with the Z30 is the price. I'm not saying it's a bad phone at all but for what it is and with BlackBerry's soiled reputation (they should know lower pricing can help win battles), I think the price is $50 too high. $150 on contract sounds good.

TrueKulcha and rotorwrench like this.
    11-16-13 08:12 AM
    Exactly, and your "first impressions " and opinions are going to help how others view BlackBerry. I see, I was missing that point all along. Maybe your intentions weren't all bad but considering the timing and everything, it certainly came over that way.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but the Z30, as you said in your other post (use some paragraphs, makes the reading easier) is not competitif for the price it sells for and it certainly is not a flagship.

The screen, CPU/GPU, Camera, ecosystem and app catalogue are the worst of every current flagship out there, selling for the same price as the Z30.
    And this is objectively correct, which means that these are facts.

What first impressions should this leave exactly?
    I'll give you a very simple exemple:
    Josephine Doe: "Does this phone have Instagram?"
    Store Rep: "No, but it has natural sound calling and 2 days of battery life."
    Josephine: "Ok, I'll take this iPhone please." While she points at an LG G2.

Or let's take a Joe Doe...
    Joe: " Does this BlackBerry have a good screen and performs as well as the iPhone or a Galaxy?"
    Store Rep: "No, the Galaxy is better in every regard and it has apps."
    Joe: "Why the hell does it cost the same then???"
    Store Rep: "........."

The Z30 doesn't leave any kind of good first impression if you're not coming from a BlackBerry with BBOS.

I used Z10 before and now using Z30 and I don't agree with you. Unlike you, I use it every day and its screen is not dim. It's very crisp. I just checked it again to confirm, but it's still much better than my wifes Z10.
    I compared a Z30 with a Z10 and a Galaxy S4 just yesterday again.
    It took about 2 hours and I came to the exact same conclusion as the OP.
    The screen is subpar for a high-end phone and the rest of it is rather underwhelming as well.
    Overall the Samsung had the best display out of the 3, but the Z10 was still better than the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-16-13 at 08:39 AM.
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-16-13 08:15 AM
    I used Z10 before and now using Z30 and I don't agree with you. Unlike you, I use it every day and its screen is not dim. It's very crisp. I just checked it again to confirm, but it's still much better than my wifes Z10. It's just not right to write a big post just to tell people to back off from a beautiful phone. Why don't you tell people to go to store and confirm if you had faulty device, you ****.

When did I ever tell anyone not to buy the Z30? I gave them my impressions but not once did I tell them to "back off" of the Z30. And so now it's a faulty device? Before I guess I was just using it wrong.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-16-13 08:37 AM
    The thing about the display is that it's adaptive...The displays are bright and you can get it brighter by going into situations which require a brighter screen...
    Anyone that actually has a Z30 care to respond to this?

I guess a test could also be performed in a store a well. Maybe by placing ones hand between the sensor and screen and shinning light on the sensor.

Posted by me.
    11-16-13 08:40 AM
    Anyone that actually has a Z30 care to respond to this?

I guess a test could also be performed in a store a well. Maybe by placing ones hand between the sensor and screen and shinning light on the sensor.

Posted by me.
    11-16-13 08:48 AM
    I think that it would be interesting to post in another forum like iMore, Android Central, and Windows Phone Central asking people to check out the Z30 and ask their impressions. That way, there wouldn't be the bias that there is on CrackBerry.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-16-13 08:49 AM
    I think that it would be interesting to post in another forum like iMore, Android Central, and Windows Phone Central asking people to check out the Z30 and ask their impressions. That way, there wouldn't be the bias that there is on CrackBerry.
    And both of us already know how much they'll be impressed that BlackBerry still hasn't catched up to them.

I can just shake my head in despair when I think about the Samsung Note 3 or the Nokia Lumia 1520 and that some people in here are truly saying that the Z30 can compete with these phones in terms of specs or ecosystem...

But I agree with you, I am sure that it would be interesting and that I may open the eyes of some posters in here.
    The Z30 is a really nice mid-range phone, but it's nowhere close to other high-end phones.
    Btw, I feel insulted!!!! I am on CB, own a Z10 and I am definitely rather neutral and realistic.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-16-13 08:57 AM
    And both of us already know how much they'll be impressed that BlackBerry still hasn't catched up to them.

I can just shake my head in despair when I think about the Samsung Note 3 or the Nokia Lumia 1520 and that some people in here are truly saying that the Z30 can compete with these phones in terms of specs or ecosystem...

But I agree with you, I am sure that it would be interesting and that I may open the eyes of some posters in here.
    The Z30 is a really nice mid-range phone, but it's nowhere close to other high-end phones.
    Btw, I feel insulted!!!! I am on CB, own a Z10 and I am definitely rather neutral and realistic.

Posted via CB10
    If the pricepoint of the Z30 was much lower, I would consider it as sort of my "experimental" phone so I can fiddle around with leaks and all that. I really do like the design too. But it still isn't a high end phone. Let's just take Verizon. On the Windows Phone front, it will be competing with the upcoming Lumia 929. On the Android front, it will be competing with primarily the GSIV. On the iPhone front, it will be obviously competing with the 5s.
    11-16-13 09:04 AM
    Chill guys, it's just a phone.
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-16-13 09:08 AM
    Of course .......just keep a charger handy so you can keep posting!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    11-16-13 09:08 AM
    1. Smaller than I had expected.
    2. Thinner than I had expected.
    3. Droid apps run smoother than on Q10.
    4. Rear door card cover is flimsy.
    11-16-13 09:12 AM
    Of course not, you and the rest of the haters could have a hay day over there....just keep a charger handy so you can keep posting!!

11-16-13 09:16 AM
    If the pricepoint of the Z30 was much lower, I would consider it as sort of my "experimental" phone so I can fiddle around with leaks and all that. I really do like the design too. But it still isn't a high end phone. Let's just take Verizon. On the Windows Phone front, it will be competing with the upcoming Lumia 929. On the Android front, it will be competing with primarily the GSIV. On the iPhone front, it will be obviously competing with the 5s.
    Oh totally, but the there are a number of very different Android phones right now.
    The Galaxy is the main opponent of course, but it isn't the newest out there anymore.
    I especially like the Sony Z1 for exemple and it's even cheaper than the BlackBerry.
    The new Lumia 929 is a very capable device as well and compared to the Z30, offers far better specs and an immensely good camera.

It's just incredibly hard to imagine that BlackBerry can compete with these devices through an overpriced midrange phone.
    For about 350$ I'd buy a Z30 just for fun though.

Of course not, you and the rest of the haters could have a hay day over there....just keep a charger handy so you can keep posting!!

Just for my personal understanding:
    Why do you feel the need of calling someone a hater, only because he expects more from BlackBerry than a midrange phone with a high-end pricetag ?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:20 AM
    Yeah, but the Z30, as you said in your other post (use some paragraphs, makes the reading easier) is not competitif for the price it sells for and it certainly is not a flagship.

The screen, CPU/GPU, Camera, ecosystem and app catalogue are the worst of every current flagship out there, selling for the same price as the Z30.
    And this is objectively correct, which means that these are facts.

What first impressions should this leave exactly?
    I'll give you a very simple exemple:
    Josephine Doe: "Does this phone have Instagram?"
    Store Rep: "No, but it has natural sound calling and 2 days of battery life."
    Josephine: "Ok, I'll take this iPhone please." While she points at an LG G2.

Or let's take a Joe Doe...
    Joe: " Does this BlackBerry have a good screen and performs as well as the iPhone or a Galaxy?"
    Store Rep: "No, the Galaxy is better in every regard and it has apps."
    Joe: "Why the hell does it cost the same then???"
    Store Rep: "........."

The Z30 doesn't leave any kind of good first impression if you're not coming from a BlackBerry with BBOS.

I compared a Z30 with a Z10 and a Galaxy S4 just yesterday again.
    It took about 2 hours and I came to the exact same conclusion as the OP.
    The screen is subpar for a high-end phone and the rest of it is rather underwhelming as well.
    Overall the Samsung had the best display out of the 3, but the Z10 was still better than the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Funny how you are checking my paragraphs and not your own spelling lol. So true of a BlackBerry hater that's not paying attention to the finer details of life hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:25 AM
    Funny how you are checking my paragraphs and not your own spelling lol. So true of a BlackBerry hater that's not paying attention to the finer details of life hahahaha

Posted via CB10

Funny how you you haven't been able to have a respectful or reasonable conversation/debate lol. So true of a closed minded BlackSheep who doesn't seem capable of seeing the bigger picture hahahahahahaha

I always do my best to stay respectful but once you get nasty. I'm not afraid to either

11-16-13 09:30 AM

Just for my personal understanding:
    Why do you feel the need of calling someone a hater, only because he expects more from BlackBerry than a midrange phone with a high-end pricetag ?

Posted via CB10
    I worded it wrong and corrected my post earlier, hater was a wrong word to use but maybe instigator, for someone who says he's been here forever a lot of his posts are of a negative nature and seems to get enjoyment out of stirring the pot so to speak. Why people who feel we like a inferior device feel the need to come here and repeatedly post their "opinions" knowing exactly what is going to happen...that's all.

TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-16-13 09:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    At least highlight it for me, so that I can learn from your incredible wisdom

And just in case you completely missed it:
    I have a Z10.
    I have a PlayBook.
    I have a 9810 Torch.
    Your very sad attack on my integrity says by far more about you, than me.
    Especially that you think someone must like BlackBerry to objectively look at the Z30, seems to be a very strange concept.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    11-16-13 09:47 AM
    Funny how you you haven't been able to have a respectful or reasonable conversation/debate lol. So true of a closed minded BlackSheep who doesn't seem capable of seeing the bigger picture hahahahahahaha

I always do my best to stay respectful but once you get nasty. I'm not afraid to either

As you can see my avatar.. a lion is a lion any day and I can also be as humble as a dove when surrounded by the right people or be a vicious lion when surrounded by fools like you who thrive on hatred and bitterness.
    I hope your pocket or your filthy stomach gets filled with every BlackBerry that sits unsold or that hatred enhances your standard of living. This is a site of and for BlackBerry fans and not fools who feed on negativity.
    We come here to share constructive points and not points filled with bitterness and envy. Your life is certainly missing something and only professional help can assist folks like you.
    I know the world is made up of different people and some are just annoying. I count myself blessed that I won't ever know you in per wand the only form of communication will be here on this forum. I am a BlackBerry fan and I will continue to defend my turf so you can go **** and play with it now if you're so bored which you obviously are!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Kimberella and BB_Junky like this.
    11-16-13 09:48 AM
    Please just keep your car analogy to yourself.
    Nobody makes worse car analogies than people on the CB forums.
    If you missed the memo:
    BlackBerry isn't considered a premium manufacturer anymore.
    That's Apple now. Posted via CB10
    ::Alright, I'll bite::
    First and foremost, who are you to tell anyone in this forum to keep their statement to themselves?

Now, with that emotional response aside:

My auto manufacturer analogy is factually sound and relevant with respect to business strategy. I don't know what about it gave rise to such an emotional response from you but that's most likely why you missed the point.
    Oh, and I got the memo. It says Samsung, Apple and BlackBerry devices are premium in the US and ranked #1, #3 and #7 in the world...and in that order.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:49 AM
    I think this thread has run its course!
    11-16-13 10:14 AM
149 ... 456