So I'm one of those people who swaps phones a lot and nothing has impress me as much as the BB10 experience. I currently have an LG G3 and I have an opportunity to buy a Z30 (not for sale etched at bottom) at a great price. I'm wondering should I buy this year old device or hold out. I've owned the Z10 and Q10 before and I wanted the passport but I have Verizon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-10-14 04:51 AM
    I had a Z10 on VZW and went for the Z30 and never regretted a MINUTE of it. The Z30 is a beast and you will love it! And the wireless charging is such a bonus! FM radio, too. God, what are you waiting for? get the Z30!!!!!
    Carl Estes and howards like this.
    12-10-14 05:28 AM
    Well, what are you waiting for? BUY IT!
    Do you know which model it is? Is it a STA100-3? If so, get one of these, saves wear/tear on your data/charging port:

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-DT-900-W...UvbUpU11150881

Regretably, they have gone up in price, I got 2 about 8 months ago for 20 each, you better shop around
    12-10-14 08:54 AM
    My wife just got the LG G3 which is a great android phone. My Z30 is every bit as good at performing the same tasks as the G3. Of course BB10 does things the G3 doesn't and visa-versa. If you are already familiar with BB10 and like it, you will be extremely satisfied with the Z30. My only mistake was waiting too long to upgrade from Z10!

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    DickDorf likes this.
    12-10-14 09:07 AM
    I'd be wary of the not for sale etching. That unit may not work with all os versions. There's a reason it's labeled as such and should be bought with caution.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-10-14 09:27 AM
    "Not for sale " etched into the phone???

I would be a bit wary too. Then again, if it was practically free and unlocked, it could be good.

I very like my Z30... for what I do, best smart phone on the market. may need a Passport soon though.

My 0.02$

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    12-10-14 10:34 AM
    For Verizon, the Z30 must be model STA100-3, no other Z30 will completely function on Verizon wireless networks.
    Other models may get 1x and 2g, if you are extremely lucky.

And to echo Tradesman644, "not for sale etched at bottom" may mean it was a developers model or a semi functional display device.
    While those do have value to collectors and crackberry-addicts, they may not function as expected or have below rated specs.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-10-14 10:38 AM
    For Verizon, the Z30 must be model STA100-3, no other Z30 will completely function on Verizon wireless networks.
    Other models may get 1x and 2g, if you are extremely lucky.

And to echo Tradesman644, "not for sale etched at bottom" may mean it was a developers model or a semi functional display device.
    While those do have value to collectors and crackberry-addicts, they may not function as expected or have below rated specs.
    Blend will work though lol
    12-10-14 12:31 PM
    @OP. Just bought a used Z30 for myself(tiny scratch at the top and a new(in the box) Z30 for my wife......and it was her suggestion to get Z30s. Best old phone I ever purchased. Wife's happy, I'm happy. No regrets at all.
    12-10-14 12:38 PM
    So I'm one of those people who swaps phones a lot and nothing has impress me as much as the BB10 experience. I currently have an LG G3 and I have an opportunity to buy a Z30 (not for sale etched at bottom) at a great price. I'm wondering should I buy this year old device or hold out. I've owned the Z10 and Q10 before and I wanted the passport but I have Verizon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    PROS: The Z30 is a great device; the best I've ever owned. I love BlackBerry OS10, the HUB, big 5" AMOLED screen, 4 loud speakers, solid build, Paratek antenna, HDMI and USB ports, long lasting battery, fast processor, and compatibility with Word, Excel, iTunes, and Android files.

CONS : a bit heavier than some devices, and AMOLED screen not back lit like LCD screens ( to save the battery).

NOTE: I would not buy a used device since it may be stolen and the IMEI may be blocked. It may also be damaged or compromised internally.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-10-14 12:43 PM
    Went from Q5 to Z10 to Z30....and plan to stay with Z30 for as long as I can!!! Does everything I need it to do or could want it to do and more. A great device with lots of life left in it.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:45 PM
    Note also: That version of the Z30 may not work with your carrier. There are at least five versions of the Z30 .

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-10-14 12:45 PM
    Blend will work though lol
    Blend does not work with the Z30.

Based on my experience with the Z30, I would highly recommend getting one. However, based on the fact that this phone you're looking at has "not for sale" etched at the bottom, I would advise against getting it. There could be any number of reasons it has that on it but it would be a shame to get a phone like this and not have total functionality.

Now brought to you by the amazing Z30!
    12-10-14 12:53 PM
    The "Not For Sale" that is etched on the bottom of the phone means it was a Developer phone. A free phone given to BlackBerry App developers to provide proof of concept for that phone to ensure all works on their app.
    These developer phones tend to have lower RAM than the official released Z30's.

There might not be anything wrong with the phone, but at the same time, the phone is supposedly BlackBerry property, hence the not for sale.

But the Z30 is a great phone.

Post via my BlackBerry Z30!
    12-10-14 01:29 PM
    Went from Q5 to Z10 to Z30....and plan to stay with Z30 for as long as I can!!! Does everything I need it to do or could want it to do and more. A great device with lots of life left in it.

Posted via CB10
    Same sequence for me Agreed--Z30's the best so far -I had to go through some grief to get ahold of one--happy to have it

posted via my Z30
    12-10-14 01:35 PM