So I am minding my own business - on vacation, taking lots of photos with my Z30 and WHAM - my Z30 turns it self off. Upon rebooting all my music, videos, photos and work docs are wiped clean. OUCH. I am using a SanDisk 64 gig Micro SD and to date operational performance has been awesome. I double checked File Manager and nada. Any advice from Crackberry Nation?
    01-21-14 07:58 PM
    IF you had signed in to your BOX account during setup, enabled sycn for photos, then all your pictures and screen shots will be safely awayting for you on your BOX account.

Else... Grab PC Inspector File Recovery, plug the SD card to the PC (use the adapter) and pray it can find your stuff. :/
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-21-14 08:09 PM
    Verify that the contents are actually gone by plugging that SD card into a card reader on a computer first.

I have seen a bug on the current official 10.2 OS that causes it to look like the card is wiped (file manager, music, pictures, video apps will show nothing) but it's only a bug and the files pop back in either with a reboot or with time.

I've reported it to @BlackBerryHelp and hoping 10.2.1 resolves it. It doesn't happen too often, thankfully.
    01-21-14 08:10 PM
    Yeah I had my SANDISK card wipe (also a 64GB) about a week into my Z30 life, too...my experience wasn't good as even though my music folder still showed 24GB, there was nothing there...even when checking on my PC.

I had to reload my music but only after I did a full reformat of the card in the Z30.

Knock on wood, but it has been running smooth ever since. I hope you have better luck than me.

Kev

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:04 PM
    Thanks for your terrific input, as always. BlackBerry seriously needs to address this OS flaw if they want to be taken seriously. Right now I am so bummed
    01-21-14 09:36 PM
    I was under the impression that your data would still be there unless it was actually over written. I hope you can find it.
    01-21-14 10:02 PM
    Happened to me on s3, I used ZAR aka zero assumption recovery on my pc to get the stuff back

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:08 PM
    Hi, funny that just happened to me today, I was taking pictures and a video and all of sudden it started to lag when trying to preview them. After that, I closed the camera app and went into photos and it would give a graphic which was not the actual pic but an icon only. I rebooted twice and went back to pics etc and it wasn't there anymore amongst other pics on media card. I went to file manager and pics and video were at zero or showed one video. It kept some music and one video. The OS did give a message saying to wait as the card is indexing, I waited for a long time and even at the end of the day and it's not there. I will try doing a sync or restore with pc to get things back hopefully. If anyone finds out what could have happened and how to prevent it from happening again pls let me know. Thanks

Luv my Z30!!!!
    01-21-14 10:11 PM
    You should try www.recuva.com. It has helped me to recover deleted files in the past. And it's free!

And about this issue, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the card being defective. I've had problems with 2 SanDisk cards dying on me. I use Kingston now.

Good luck with recovering your files!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 11:29 PM
    Yeah so call it freaky timing, but it happened to me again last night...leave the office, put phone in car mount, plug in, turn on music, start Waze, and about 20 minutes into my drive, everything freezes!

So tonight, I get to plug my Z30 into my desktop at home again for about 5 hours while it copies my music library over again LOL

I really hope the new OS coming soon fixes this...or do you guys think it's the SANDisk card??

Kev
    01-23-14 01:08 PM
    Never had this on my SanDisk 64GB. Is it exFAT or FAT32 formatted?
    01-23-14 01:15 PM
    Fat32 only

Toasted via CB10 & Z30
    01-23-14 01:40 PM
    Fat32 only
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's FAT32 when formatted in the Z30.
    01-23-14 03:05 PM
    Subscribed to thread.

Hope this does not happen to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:18 PM
    That happened to me, and unfortunately (besides the few pictures I had saved), it was totally wiped. But it was weird because my music folder was totally okay :S
    I narrowed it down to my type of formatting. My card was NTFS and it NEEDS to be FAT32. I tried to recover what I could from my card, but there was nothing but a bunch of bogus named folders with nothing in them. And yes, I did run a recovery software. My suggestion is start saving your pictures to your device for now, take the SD card out and prevent from further damage. I made the mistake of screwing around and I think I made my data unrecoverable.
    Good luck. And enjoy your vacation!
    01-23-14 09:56 PM
    To recover the lost photo, video, music, you can try Remo Recover: Best Data Recovery Software (Undelete Software) 2013. It preforms well on recovering photos.
    If you still need to recover work .doc files, here another professional program is recommended to you: .DOC files Recover:How to Recover Word Files Deleted Using Shift+Del Key or command prompt.
    You can feel free to have a try, I'm sure it won't let you down.
    01-23-14 11:47 PM
    To recover the lost photo, video, music, you can try Remo Recover: Best Data Recovery Software (Undelete Software) 2013. It preforms well on recovering photos.
    If you still need to recover work .doc files, here another professional program is recommended to you: .DOC files Recover:How to Recover Word Files Deleted Using Shift+Del Key or command prompt.
    You can feel free to have a try, I'm sure it won't let you down.
    Remo is pretty damn good, but lets face it, no one wants to pay $72.50+tax for their own data.
    So instead, get this torrent: http://kickass.to/remo-recover-windo...-t8095699.html

Enjoy and it should get all your lost data as long as you don't mess around with anything and your card still shows data taken up by your previous data.
    Dale Lindley likes this.
    01-25-14 06:15 PM
    Wow, this happened to me just a few days ago. I used Recover Pro Deluxe provided for free by SanDisk. It recovered all my files, but the crazy thing is as I recreated the same folders on my card, the originals started to reappear. I have no idea how that happened

Posted via my sexay Z30 running 10.2.1.1925 from the #1 BB10 app CB10 that's running absolutely flawlessly!!!
    01-26-14 02:20 AM
    What class are your cards?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 05:18 AM
    I'm not a fan of SanDisk at all. Too many problems with them.

From my z30
    01-26-14 10:13 AM